Star Citizen Discussion Thread v11

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
It's pretty obvious they're not swimming in money. They might have been at one stage but they certainly aren't anymore. They ran out of it in 2018 and had to first take a loan and then Calder as an investor. The splitting of SQ42 was another desperate cash grab. All while having the "best" funding ever year after year btw.

All they'd need to do is scribble up a new jpeg that punches above it's weight, announce that the scope has shifted to embrace Genuine Roberts new enhanced Vision, tease a few new cinematic trailers, hold their cons and invent new vending machines, pretend that unexpected assets were some form of inside joke all along, and continue to actually fail to release any games. For years.

All they'd need to do is scribble up a new jpeg that punches above it's weight, announce that the scope has shifted to embrace Genuine Roberts new enhanced Vision, tease a few new cinematic trailers, hold their cons and invent new vending machines, pretend that unexpected assets were some form of inside joke all along, and continue to actually fail to release any games. For years.
Nah, uh. It didn't work in 2018. The whales are incapable of keeping this enterprise afloat. It already sunk once, only Calder saved it. The only way they might keep it going is to cut back on staff - do you think CR's ego could cope with that? Do you think the whales would accept this blowing out the delivery time to 2120? Or maybe MS or EA will swoop in? :LOL:

I know it sounds daft, but I'm just running out of ideas. What else could be the motive for experienced, grown up people to throw all their hopes, lifetime and money into this cash grab? Btw, I know enough people (older than me and even in my own family) who never learned anything from their mistakes, are seriously vulnerable to almost any sort of scam - and yet still somehow manage to survive...
It's so easy, convenient and dismissive to assume anyone who has bought into Star Citizen on any level is somehow maladjusted or fiscally irresponsible...isn't it? I'm certain fluffing out your chest feathers and brandishing your highly developed perception and wit on here instead of discussing Star Citizen will get you a few likes and equally silly comments in reply, that's fer sure ;)

KEUINrD.gif

Last edited:
I know it sounds daft, but I'm just running out of ideas. What else could be the motive for experienced, grown up people to throw all their hopes, lifetime and money into this cash grab?

lol

all my hopes?

lmao

I murder pixel space ships a few days a week. and don't worry, I got plenty of money left over after star citizen. even enough to blow on other frivolous things.

An Idris would probably make more sense then my arizona cardinals season tickets. and cheaper.

It's so easy, convenient and dismissive to assume anyone who has bought into Star Citizen on any level is somehow maladjusted

You live in the rear end of nowhere, apparently by choice, have an unhealthy obsession with motorbikes and demonic cows, and are you trying to claim you are not maladjusted? :D

Come on, its not that Frillop is wrong to say SC backers are maladjusted, we all are!

Wow if we look back at CIG. They Games are in development since 2011.

burned ~250 - 300$
It was lied about Bank loan remember it was only a tax loan or something like that.
it was lied about Sq 42
it was lied about AI / OCS (1000 Players per instance)
it was lied maybe about the switch to LY
Has 16+ Shell companys

and so on.

I can‘t believe people still giving money to this company.

Everyone here is likely familiar with BoredGamer. He's not credible.
Wait. Hold. Breathe. Is that post sarcastic ? What did i just read ?

Well if you know of a better insider then please name the person cause if i wanted to ask specific questions i would ask bored on youtube or go on their forum and ask or have you all watch the interview and conferences? It would help answer most of the questions here about the lack of trust and confusion on Star Citizen. :) And show you where the game is heading! :)

BoredGamer
I am an independent Content Creator & Star Citizen Fan. I am not paid by CIG/RSI in anyway.

Happy new year anyway! :)

Wow if we look back at CIG. They Games are in development since 2011.

burned ~250 - 300$
It was lied about Bank loan remember it was only a tax loan or something like that.
it was lied about Sq 42
it was lied about AI / OCS (1000 Players per instance)
it was lied maybe about the switch to LY
Has 16+ Shell companys

and so on.

I can‘t believe people still giving money to this company.

its very sad to see some here discredit the game with out show any solid evidences so if you want the truth please read it up yourself. This forum should not be a place to make false statements about a space game.

If you want to list criticism please provide the source.

You don't see this type of behaviour on the Sc forum where they go to length to discredit elite dangerous

Here is Chris Robert making positive remarks on Elite Dangerous

Last edited:
You don't see this type of behaviour on the Sc forum where they go to length to discredit elite dangerous

Then you clearly haven't spent much time on their forums, especially the SC sub, where at times they can't but help try to claim SC is good because ED is rubbish. There used to be one guy, not sure if still active, but he couldn't make a single post without bringing ED into it.

Anyway, nobody is trying to discredit SC, CIG are doing a perfectly good job of that all by themselves. :p

BoredGamer
I am an independent Content Creator & Star Citizen Fan. I am not paid by CIG/RSI in anyway.

Poor BG... so he never got one of those free mega computers CIG were dishing out to their faithful content creators? That's as surprising as astropub's surprise when Twerk told him that CIG never gave him freebie ships.

Regardless of whether he is on the payroll or not, BG simily regurgitates whatever CIG say, and is not a credible or critical source, since CIG themselves have proven not to be a credible source through years of lying and misleading backers.

He once... once... was slightly crtiical of CIG over the flight model.

That's not someone i go to for information about a game.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom