ANNOUNCEMENT January Update - Patch Notes

Was it ever officially acknowledged that this was a bug?
I don't think it has been. But it wasn't always like this, prior to the April 2019 update, the power priority could be set.

Here are various reports on the issue tracker, just noticed that the two I contributed to have been closed.

Last edited:
Rads Oodle is an awesome choice for net compression (think Pied Piper).

We should all see a marked improvement for instancing, multicrew and FD server connects.
It won't help if you got a bizarro ISP.

Bugfixing they said. What we got now? Some "Added"...I know what going to happen...new bugs! Sorry FD, but this is the first time I say, this is disappointing!
Username checks out.
Must be nice to be psychic.

Added for Frontier Development
Blogpost about Oodle, some good ideas using it, they might not still be relevant.

always found it annoying that the info on next star type disappeared after a few seconds and is easy to miss, important to know if a neutron or T tauri is about to come up when exploring, cant it appear in the lower left hand system name screen which always says unknown when jumping?

The same goes for the security state of a system. This is one of the most important things to know about system but it only appears when you are preparing to jump into a system. Once there, you have to leave your cockpit and go into system view to find it again. As with Eve, it should be visible nearly all the time.

New states for the BGS.... so now we have to haul water, eh?
Next thing you tell me it has to be mined water too?

Nice list, interesting states for the BGS, sadly quite useless IMHO as the BGS still doesn't do much for me.
Curious about the mining implementation, see how that pans out, I know I'm quite set with 23.3b. :)

I consider any FPS count above what your monitor can actually display a waste and very precarious when making game functions depending on it.

There are latency benefits to higher frame rates, even if they are in excess of display refresh rate, but tying anything to renderer FPS on any system that is not expected to deliver a fixed frame rate is pretty silly.

the rebuy cost rebalance for NPC crew (we will see how the numbers are in the main game).

They posted the numbers a page or two back...up to 2.25 million for an Elite crew.

Higher than the beta, but still so low as to be meaningless.

Server broadcast message : Greetings commanders, our servers will be down for the upgrade to in 2 hours. Expected downtime is 2.5 hours.

\\///
unknown.png

Oo
Spike.k

Nice that the heat dissipation rate has been adjusted on Dolphins.

Would you also be able to consider adjusting the heat generation rate of belugas when activating Supercruise? It’s very difficult to jump into Supercruise without receiving a overheating warning message.

• Added the ability to rescue any crew, that were on board the player's ship when it was destroyed, from the insurance screen.
    • Rebuy cost in the right hand cockpit panel now includes cost to rescue crew.
    • Crew rebuy costs rebalanced based on Beta feedback.

I'd like to hear more details about this, I heard some weird-ass recommendations on the forums and these changes are important to detail

Top Bottom