Star Citizen Discussion Thread v11

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Yeah, so as i just replied to Surefoot, all they have done is simply stop wiping some data on wipes.

Never been done before! (sorry, couldn't resist)
It hasn't...and why backers don't stick around in between the noncontent patches...there was little point to grinding out anything at all since you'd be starting with the basic clothes on your back every patch regardless. What concerns me with this baby persistence is the fact folks will be able to earn enough aUEC over a reasonable time to buy the more expensive in game ships...what happens to them with the next wipe...are Ci¬G suddenly benevolent enough to add in game earned ships to a backers account as well as ones that were cash bought?

I doubt that very much.

I don't think Ci¬G have worked that one out, or in typical Ci¬G manner, they totally ignored the potential consequences since it doesn't affect them in the short term...or at all... since any loss is all dumped on the backers again. They were watching falling interest and backer numbers and had to do something without even a thought to the furore a few months down the line when Backer A logs in, wakes up in his CR monogrammed PJ's at Olisar and finds his hard earned fleet of ships and millions of aUEC gone once again. It's already bad enough as is...

In a further cash grab, Ci¬G are also touting the Imperator subscriber packages with the upcoming Carrack release..."You too could own a Carrack for 7 days for a mere $20 one off monthly sub..". Since I'm an Imperator sub who already owns a Carrack...does that mean I get a spare? I've already got a spare Prospector and Freelancer thanks to the ship loaner system.

It's going to be Carrack hell come 3.8.2 hitting live... considering they've sold more Carracks than they have Freelancers already. I don't know of any concierge or mid level backer who doesn't proport to having one... Now we'll have $20 casual subs all ramming eachother on Olisar with fleets of them :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I’m sure they’ll use wipes to keep the rl ship sales uneffected,it’s their only way to keep the money rolling in. It’s been an issue from the start as there’s no incentive to finish the game.
Exactly what's been happening up to now...but backers in general, especially the newer lot, are becoming a lot less tolerant of the persistent blathering and complete absence of any progress from Ci¬G more so than previously. It's getting time for Ci¬G to either put up or shut up...they know it too.

I've mentioned it previously...but I can sense Ci¬G winding up to pull a repeat of the 2016-2017 year long radio silence...I can feel it coming.

Last edited:
Exactly what's been happening up to now...but backers in general, especially the newer lot, are becoming a lot less tolerant of the persistent blathering and complete absence of any progress from Ci¬G more so than previously. It's getting time for Ci¬G to either put up or shut up...they know it too.

I've mentioned it previously...but I can sense Ci¬G winding up to pull a repeat of the 2016-2017 year long radio silence...I can feel it coming.
The last pillar talk wrapped up with “And that’s what coming this year”,so I think you’re right.

I’m sure they’ll use wipes to keep the rl ship sales uneffected,it’s their only way to keep the money rolling in. It’s been an issue from the start as there’s no incentive to finish the game.

You sure, ships were included in that new shiny persistence thing. According to CiG and assuming nothing goes wrong (a huge assumption) ships bought are ships to stay.

You sure, ships were included in that new shiny persistence thing. According to CiG and assuming nothing goes wrong (a huge assumption) ships bought are ships to stay.
You’re not very likely to “buy ships”,if you can earn them in game like wot all other games do. They would need to move over to paid cosmetics or land claims or something equally worthless and charge over the odds for it,seems like a bit of a hard sell even for the CIG genius level marketing department.
So I think they’ll fall back on ship sales with a well timed wipe.

Todd Papy confirmed a month or so back that while they won't be wiping with every patch iteration, there will still be plenty of wipes during the alpha stage -- just at CIG's discretion.
They'll still keep persistence wipes up to deal with the already current and newly appearing exploits...you can also guarantee that should individuals start amassing enormous amounts of aUEC or ships, they'll wipe everyone back to a n00b suit again.

Latest PTU build already has serious issues..still random server freezes (not 30k errors) as well as NPC ships clipping into stations with alarming regularity. Last night, area 18 was invaded by half a dozen NPC ships clipped into corridors blocking all the exits from the habs...we had ships clipping into the trains, ships clipping into stair wells and almost every R&R station was beset by pirate ships clipping in and out of the structures.

Even planetary mining had it's share of pirate ships spawning under the planet surface. This is a newish desync bug for the 3.8.x branch...can't remember seeing it this bad previously, even some sounds are now desynced from relevant animations with up to a 5 second delay in some cases....all server side since everyone is experiencing the same thing.

Last edited:
Latest PTU build already has serious issues..still random server freezes (not 30k errors) as well as NPC ships clipping into stations with alarming regularity. Last night, area 18 was invaded by half a dozen NPC ships clipped into corridors blocking all the exits from the habs...we had ships clipping into the trains, ships clipping into stair wells and almost every R&R station was beset by pirate ships clipping in and out of the structures.

Sounds delightful, another patch to skip. Nothing to distract me from farming the last month of metamorph league hard for my woke skill gems. I was going to say that at least a database of player assets that shouldn't wipe is so simple to maintain and set up that even CiG couldn't possible mess it up but then I read stuff like this.

X is already in the game and don't you dare raising doubts. Until CIG says it's not, then it's OK and it was well known by those who follow closely the development.

A goon on SomethingAwful has looked at CIG's latest UK filing:

unknown.png

Including the CIG entities based in UK and Germany, that's one heck of a spider's web of companies involved in this project o_O

I haven't been playing much for the last few days...managed to rip to head off part of my right bicep making it a monocep and snapping most of the rotator cuff tendons in my right shoulder. The plough decided to detach itself from the PTO of my tractor as I was dropping the support leg and my arms took the brunt of it. It hurts a bit :(

Worst is...not a lot the scab lifters can do to fix it. Perhaps if I had been a world class tennis player or something...but as is, I'm left with an arm and a half. As long as I can still work a mouse, keyboard, Xbox controller and a HOTAS though I'll be fine :)

I liked that, but not an actual like, obvs. Get well soon!

unknown.png

Including the CIG entities based in UK and Germany, that's one heck of a spider's web of companies involved in this project o_O

giphy.gif

unknown.png

What are you getting at? Perfectly normal for a company of such magnitude...:FUDster ^^

Totally normal. If you buy a ship you see wich company the money goes. Sometimes this company gets closed so have no legal rights to get your money back. That’s a company everyone wants to do business with or?

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom