Reconsider Player to Player Transactions

I understand the stance Frontier has on transferring credits between players, since this would cause a problem with gold sellers and possibly spoil new players. However, with a few restrictions these issues could easily be mitigated:

• Introduce a cap on the amount of credits that can be transferred to a player, based on their rank and current credit balance, to prevent very rich players giving away hundreds of millions to beginners.
  • Limit the amount of transactions a player can transfer in a period of time, to prevent gold selling.

This would allow players to transfer relatively small amounts of credits while also preventing the gold seller problem, and would be an alternative to dumping and picking up cargo but with much less hassle. It would unlock an unlimited amount of new possibilities. For example, you could finally directly give bonuses to your squadron members, "Mercenaries for Hire", "Fleet Carrier Bubble - Colonia Region Line", etc.. - players would actually be able to form their own small businesses/services to earn extra credits. This would also encourage interaction between players and would make earning money much more interesting. Surely earning from a fleet carrier transport service is much more interesting than spending hours mining the same resource over and over again. It would shift the game economy over from that simplistic "do generated mission stuff and watch your balance increase" approach.

I know people will say that "it will ruin the game" or "spoil the economy" or whatever, but it's not like I'm proposing a brand new MMO feature that nobody ever saw before. Plenty of MMOs have player to player transactions, and their player base pretty much dictates the economy and they don't have problems with gold sellers.

I've always thought that players should be able to transfer credits, commodities, and materials between each other. In fact, there should be an exchange set up so that players can sell stuff to one another. Very rich players should be able to create gangs/organizations to further their agendas, and even post to the mission boards.

FD could balance this be having more costs, such as docking fees and the like.

Yes I like the idea & would love to have it in-game, sadly in a game where the economy generates cash, rep & inf out of thin air it would be very easy to exploit.

IMO putting currency generation in the hands of players would fundamentally change it, and at this late stage I'd rather that kind of big change be built into a sequel than potentially turning what we have upside down.

As you imply, if done it would need to be controlled very carefully. I regularly work with other players on a favour exchange basis, it works pretty well ;)

Direct credit transfer should never come. Creating missions for other players where you put the reward in deposit is a much better way. So you could hire a mercenary, find taxi services, etc, so the receiver actually has to work for it. Of course with a sensible reward cap according to the mission type, no crazy overpaid couriers. That would make a bunch of new player to player interactions without the risk of gold sellers, or rich old players stuffing noobs with money.

Even nicer would to be able to 'Loan' one of your fleet to a friend / Squad mate for a session... It would enable us to try out other builds as well as 'lend a hand' when the 'right' ship is up to 60 hours transfer away :)
Loan ship returns to original owner at the end of the session or when the other player logs out.

Edit: Ships cannot be 'borrowed' if rebuy cannot be deposited...

Even nicer would to be able to 'Loan' one of your fleet to a friend / Squad mate for a session... It would enable us to try out other builds as well as 'lend a hand' when the 'right' ship is up to 60 hours transfer away :)
Loan ship returns to original owner at the end of the session or when the other player logs out.
Who pays the rebuy?
What happens if no rebuy?

Yeah, well I guess this will end in tears.

I would love to at least be able to transfer Cr(cargo) in between my own accounts without involving a third party, running multiple instances, or multi boxing. Would like it more if I could transfer ships, modules and mats between my accounts as well.

I would love to at least be able to transfer Cr(cargo) in between my own accounts without involving a third party, running multiple instances, or multi boxing. Would like it more if I could transfer ships, modules and mats between my accounts as well.

Again yes that'd be cool, provided it could be done in such a way that it did not provide a meta (Most Effective Tactic Available) advantage to competitive aspects of the game (PvP, BGS, Powerplay).

What is "a meta advantage to competitive aspects of the game"?

Coincidentally I added a bit of an explanation to my post :)

I'm saying there should be some cost (penaly, downside) that means it doesn't become the best way to achieve a goal to own multiple accounts for example.

Coincidentally I added a bit of an explanation to my post :)

I'm saying there should be some cost (penaly, downside) that means it doesn't become the best way to achieve a goal to own multiple accounts for example.

But if someone wants to use multiple accounts to progress faster in some way, why would you care? Elite is not a competition. There is no first prize.

But if someone wants to use multiple accounts to progress faster in some way, why would you care? Elite is not a competition. There is no first prize.
In theory, I could run PP/CG/II cargo in solo from multiple accounts at once. Or, the most likely way to exploit the system, I could buy at best buy, transfer cargo to one of my other accounts parked at best sell or CG/PP/II destination and literally move thousands of tons an hour. That would transfer the wealth from one of my commanders to another, then just have them switch places when the buying commander goes broke. You could drastically effect a CG/II or PP influence all by yourself while making yourself billions of Cr. They would seriously have to limit it. I know I would not do that, but I know others would so, even though I would love to be able to do that. I get why we can't.

Last edited:
PvP is competitive, the BGS & Powerplay are competitive. Players competing against each other.

Indeed, but the game itself isn't a competition. And there'll always be other players of which some will be stronger, wealthier etc, and some weaker, poorer etc. Why do you care how they came to be that way?

In theory, I could run PP/CG/II cargo in solo from multiple accounts at once. Or I could buy at best sell, transfer cargo to one of my other accounts parked at best sell or CG/PP/II destination.

Or rack up a massive bounty on one account & claim it with another.

There are lots of examples of this kind of potential exploit that currently are reasonably contained. My point is that this would be easily exploitable if it were not handled carefully.

I'm not really concerned about how quickly someone can rank up, the Devs might be.

Top Bottom