The most important question nobody is asking

Can I fill the pads of my fleet carrier with all of my ships, allowing me to display and photograph my lovely fleet? Or is the FC just like a station or outpost where my fleet is stored away in the unseen depths, except the ship I'm currently flying? The most important function of any fleet carrier is to SHOW OFF our collection of ships! If this is missing, well.....

US_Navy_100711-N-0901C-050_Sailors_aboard_the_aircraft_carrier_USS_Dwight_D._Eisenhower_CVN_69_stand_in_formation_on_the_flight_deck_in_the_shape_of_five_stars_and_2010_for_an_end_of_deployment_photo.jpg

Can I fill the pads of my fleet carrier with all of my ships, allowing me to display and photograph my lovely fleet? Or is the FC just like a station or outpost where my fleet is stored away in the unseen depths, except the ship I'm currently flying? The most important function of any fleet carrier is to SHOW OFF our collection of ships! If this is missing, well.....

US_Navy_100711-N-0901C-050_Sailors_aboard_the_aircraft_carrier_USS_Dwight_D._Eisenhower_CVN_69_stand_in_formation_on_the_flight_deck_in_the_shape_of_five_stars_and_2010_for_an_end_of_deployment_photo.jpg
Unless I'm mistaken, all the planes in that photo aren't owned by the same pilot (nor is the Aircraft Carrier tbf).

well i supposed you can do that. if you park a fleet carrier out your space station and transfer your ships one by one......oh hold on that will cost you money .... you won't have enought for the new zoom lens on your camera :)

Unless I'm mistaken, all the planes in that photo aren't owned by the same pilot (nor is the Aircraft Carrier tbf).
Is this your convoluted way of saying "No"? Make all the excuses you want, but if I "own" the carrier and I own all the ships stored on that carrier, then I ought to be able to see those ships on the pads. Where else are these ships kept? I don't see any mechanism to move ships in and out of the "depths" of the carrier like we have in stations.

Is this your convoluted way of saying "No"? Make all the excuses you want, but if I "own" the carrier and I own all the ships stored on that carrier, then I ought to be able to see those ships on the pads. Where else are these ships kept? I don't see any mechanism to move ships in and out of the "depths" of the carrier like we have in stations.
Nope, I think the ability to have all your ships displayed on your FC is a great idea. Your IRL example is still flawed though.

Photoshop!

Nope, I think the ability to have all your ships displayed on your FC is a great idea. Your IRL example is still flawed though.
I would argue your IRL objection is flawed. If a rich man buys a carrier and a bunch of planes, you are saying for some magically reason he CANNOT display the planes on the deck. You are saying that the laws of physics dictate that each plane have a separate pilot in order to be on the deck at the same time. I've read lots of silly things in this forum this week, but your objection takes the cake.

Nope, I think the ability to have all your ships displayed on your FC is a great idea.
I would argue your IRL objection is flawed. If a rich man buys a carrier and a bunch of planes, you are saying for some magically reason he CANNOT display the planes on the deck. You are saying that the laws of physics dictate that each plane have a separate pilot in order to be on the deck at the same time. I've read lots of silly things in this forum this week, but your objection takes the cake.
What objection? Where did I say any of what you've claimed there?

Deleted member 251664

D
will ED finally reach the level of shallowness dictated by loser's ego arousing based games such as NMS? Yes.

What happens if you own more ships than pads?
The original thinking (which has since been proven wrong IIRC) is that you could only store as many ships as there are pads, because there is no mechanism to move ships into and out of unseen storage. And hence why a fleet carrier has SO MANY PADS and a "garage" that the pads lower into. The original thinking (at least my original thinking) is that any ship we transferred to the FC would occupy one of these pads / bays, and thus be visible. But instead, as you suggest, it appears FCs are using magical Time Lord technology where they can hold 32 ships and also have dozens of NPCs coming and going, and we are prohibited from moving more than one of our ships to a pad at a time.

This makes me sad, and while it may sound petty, it tips the scales to the "I don't care about fleet carriers" side of my waffling back-and-forth regarding whether these are for me or not.

Top Bottom