limit max jump in route plotter (beyond just your cargo capacity)

sigh the time you save by jumping your max distance and scooping from start means that you will be able to get more trades per hour than the guy that perfectly jump so that they land at the station with zero fuel. unless your sacking one of your largest slot then fitting a trade ship with a scoop is just good business same with combat ships. the faster you get to the location the faster you earn money the faster your to your next location. the fact that the fuel scoop exists makes ploting eco routes pointless.

I would add too that the time spent skimming a star is negligible, especially if you match it to you FSD cool down

sigh the time you save by jumping your max distance and scooping from start means that you will be able to get more trades per hour than the guy that perfectly jump so that they land at the station with zero fuel. unless your sacking one of your largest slot then fitting a trade ship with a scoop is just good business same with combat ships. the faster you get to the location the faster you earn money the faster your to your next location. the fact that the fuel scoop exists makes ploting eco routes pointless.

I think you just defeated your own argument in this paragraph. It comes down to good business, right? So rather than giving up a class 5 (at 32 cargo slots) or even a class 4 (at 16 cargo slots) for a fuel scoop, I could make 5 extra jumps on a 20 jump run and come out on top. If you're running LTDs, 16 more comes out close to 20 mil more profit for 5 more jumps.

So finding a true economical route is the best business move.

Not really
My mining conda is using a 4a fuel scoop, because most of the sell stations are farther that her max range. And the scoop time is rather, well... long
I'd rather use more collectors/prospectors and have a way clever plotter and the outcome would be in my favor - faster mining, more jumps but faster since i dont have to scoop

I would think mining is a poor benchmark as the bulk of the time investment on a mining cycle is spent on the mining itself rather than the transits too and from.

only if you waste the biggest slot for a fuel scoop.
which is not good for business

i would not say that 90s to fill up the tank is negligible
you can still sip bask as well their are lots of little tricks like once your done mining LTD swaping off your mining gear at the station next door to it and putting a nice sized fuel scoop in where your limpets controller was
Especially if you have to stop for fuel multiple times because you are using "Fastest Route". Just 3 stops is already 5 minutes of unnecessary fuel scooping fun.
which would make you a combat ship if you fuel tank is so small that 3 jumps drains you. which means you should be busing your ship

only if you waste the biggest slot for a fuel scoop.
which is not good for business

i would not say that 90s to fill up the tank is negligible

One does need to put on the thinking cap though and realise you NEVER need to fill the tank. The tank is never fully emptied and you scoop mainly while the FSD is cooling down or you are aligning on your next jump. If you don't totally top off the tank you catch it up on the next one.

One does need to put on the thinking cap though and realise you NEVER need to fill the tank. The tank is never fully emptied and you scoop mainly while the FSD is cooling down or you are aligning on your next jump. If you don't totally top off the tank you catch it up on the next one.

Considering in that clipper you only get 3-4 jumps before you're out of gas, that just means you're splitting 90 seconds up across 4 jumps. that's about 23 seconds per stop. The FSD cools down in 5. So you won't just be skimming for 5 seconds and be alright. So across 4 jumps, that's only 20 seconds of FSD cooldown... out of the 90 you'll be spending scooping.

you can still sip bask as well their are lots of little tricks like once your done mining LTD swaping off your mining gear at the station next door to it and putting a nice sized fuel scoop in where your limpets controller was

well, no wonder i see post like: tritium mining rates sux, i'm doing only 80t per hour in a hotspot- why are you punishing us???

Optimizing something as basic as the jump plotter will help everything in game.
And maaaaybe, maybe we will not need to resort to use Spansh when needind to reach Colonia faster.

well, no wonder i see post like: tritium mining rates sux, i'm doing only 80t per hour in a hotspot- why are you punishing us???

And maaaaybe, maybe we will not need to resort to use Spansh when needind to reach Colonia faster.

Yea, as a VR player it's not fun having to constantly take my headset off to look at an external route planner and copy/paste the result into the game lol

changing the jump plotter is not ... ugh alot of people dont like to mine and what your mention is people complaining on how slow it is to mine not how slow it is to haul cargo you twit.

Considering in that clipper you only get 3-4 jumps before you're out of gas, that just means you're splitting 90 seconds up across 4 jumps. that's about 23 seconds per stop. The FSD cools down in 5. So you won't just be skimming for 5 seconds and be alright. So across 4 jumps, that's only 20 seconds of FSD cooldown... out of the 90 you'll be spending scooping.

It really doesn't work like that, you are skimming and topping up as you go. You only need enough fuel for the next jump so the with the tank totally full at the start you run at a slight deficit each time.

changing the jump plotter is not ... ugh alot of people dont like to mine and what your mention is people complaining on how slow it is to mine not how slow it is to haul cargo you twit.

if they do it your way - stopping in a station to swap equipment or using too few collectors/cargo because useless equipment - they will mine really slower.
if the miner do it optimally, mining can be really fast

It really doesn't work like that, you are skimming and topping up as you go. You only need enough fuel for the next jump so the with the tank totally full at the start you run at a slight deficit each time.

Math disagrees with you.

If it takes 90 seconds to refuel, that means you refuel 1.1% of your fuel tank per second. In the 5 seconds that you FSD cooldown, you would refuel 5.5% of your fueltank. If you can jump 4 jumps before you empty your tank, you are using 25% of your fueltank per jump. So, if we break it down:

Start: 100% of fuel tank
Jump 1: 75% of fuel tank + 5.5% refuel == 80.5% fuel
Jump 2: 55.5% of fuel tank + 5.5% refuel == 61% fuel
Jump 3: 36% of fuel tank + 5.5% refuel == 41.5% fuel
Jump 4: 16.5% of fuel tank + 5.5% refuel == 22% fuel
Jump 5: Call fuel rats.

your clipper is using 5t per max range jump.
your 3a fuel scoop is doin 176 kg/s - you have to scoop 30 seconds to get enough fuel for next jump.

Edit: sure, it doen't matter if you post on the forum in the meantime :D

Top Bottom