ANNOUNCEMENT Elite Dangerous: Odyssey Announcement

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Because as of Dec/Jan I pretty much stopped playing due to idiotic changes that became just too much hassle and grind for me. I’ve kept the game installed in case the very late fleet carrier update or the late new era update turned out to be interesting but with passive upkeep the FC update is a bust and if he new stuff doesn’t contain any game play FOR ME and doesn’t support VR which is really the only reason I play this game by the time the delayed new era update comes out it will have been over a year since I stopped playing and it’s probably time to clear out some space on the NVME drive for better use. If the next 2 updates have no content that’s of interest to me it will have been at least 2 years since FDev produced anything I found interesting....which leaves me with 2 options: gank noobs for teh lulz or find something else to do for entertainment.
Fair enough.

Now space legs is coming to ED the only thing I ask is please NO 3rd person mode. Why you might ask?. Well just watch this video and you will understand.

Would be cool. But to my pity - Odyssey will not contain chairs, because there are no interiors to use them in. Though you can stand on a generic rock on a generic dust ball, with primitive color gradient added to sky, pretending to be "atmoshpere" demonstrated in the trailer.
No wind/temperature affecing characters/ships, no rain, no dust/snow storms decreasing visibility range. Nothing of what already exists and works in SC.

oh I have bought into SC. A sandwich made from poo is a sandwich indeed, but no one wants to eat a poo sandwich.

I hope SC can be pulled off some day, but as it stands right now, it just a poo sandwich.

NO interiors (ships, stations, buildings etc).
Transition to on-foot on planet surface is via black screen, like with SRV atm.

https://www.gamestar.de/artikel/elite-dangerous-shooter,3358458.html
While you are able to, for instance, explore space stations or even the inside of the ships in Star Citizen, Elite players will only be able to stretch their legs on planets for the time being. Nonetheless a big step forwards.
You are welcome.
That's some huge assumptions there, with the emphasis yours.

They dont know any more than us.

That's some huge assumptions there, with the emphasis yours.

They dont know any more than us.

Yeah, I think they're going by the same info/lack thereof as the rest of us.

It's a valid and possible, even probable, assumption.

But they don't give any sources, and the content of the article seems entirely based on the trailer and announcement.

So I think it's an assumption.

I assume it's an assumption. :LOL:

Hi,
I know that it may be too soon to ask this question but I really wanted to know.
does anyone have an estimate of how much the DLC can cost?
I would like to know to have an idea of how much I have to save money to be able to buy the DLC.
Thanks

Hi,
I know that it may be too soon to ask this question but I really wanted to know.
I would like to know to have an idea of how much I have to save money to be able to buy the DLC.
Thanks

Not really any way of knowing if you don't know what the content is, which at this stage we really don't

Hi,
Thanks
Judging from Horizons release pricing and the scope of the update (new era etc.) I'd guesstimate normal steam game release price for the "DLC", so around 60€/$.

Hi,
Thanks
Tricky question because this dlc seems to add lot of core game engine rebuild. But core game is 24,99€ horizon is 24,99€ (current price on Steam market) Ligicaly odyssey could not be higher than 24,99€ because you should only price what is added to the core game. Not what is freely include with it.. But I may be wrong...

Tricky question because this dlc seems to add lot of core game engine rebuild. But core game is 24,99€ horizon is 24,99€ (current price on Steam market) Ligicaly odyssey could not be higher than 24,99€ because you should only price what is added to the core game. Not what is freely include with it.. But I may be wrong...
I would be extremely surprised if it costs 25€ after ~3 years of development.

The Replicated Man

T
Because as of Dec/Jan I pretty much stopped playing due to idiotic changes that became just too much hassle and grind for me. I’ve kept the game installed in case the very late fleet carrier update or the late new era update turned out to be interesting but with passive upkeep the FC update is a bust and if he new stuff doesn’t contain any game play FOR ME and doesn’t support VR which is really the only reason I play this game by the time the delayed new era update comes out it will have been over a year since I stopped playing and it’s probably time to clear out some space on the NVME drive for better use. If the next 2 updates have no content that’s of interest to me it will have been at least 2 years since FDev produced anything I found interesting....which leaves me with 2 options: gank noobs for teh lulz or find something else to do for entertainment.
What changes were made in December/January made the game more "Grindy"?

The void opal nerf?

This week, Tim and Stephen will playing some Elite Dangerous and talking about what is going on in the community.

lol.
Well nothing much is going on in the community* so that means they will have longer to play.

*The community is all off getting on the various Hype Trains both on the upbeat and downbeat lines.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom