Release EDRefCard - makes a printable reference card of your controller bindings

Hi,

I'm probably doing something wrong but whenever I submit my binds file I get a pageful of python errors spat back at me.

any idea what could be causing this?

Hi, that was good timing as I was just about to do a release for the VKB Kosmosima SCG Left and Right grips, courtesy of ajhewett.

Turns out that you had three items bound to a keyboard key with an empty string for a name, and EDRefCard didn't like that. I have revised the preflight tests to print any such as "invalid" in red. Your bindings file had already made it to the server and you can know see it parse correctly at <https://edrefcard.info/binds/muqesv>. As you can see, Next Page, Prev Page and advanced camera mode are the offenders.

Hi, that was good timing as I was just about to do a release for the VKB Kosmosima SCG Left and Right grips, courtesy of ajhewett.

Turns out that you had three items bound to a keyboard key with an empty string for a name, and EDRefCard didn't like that. I have revised the preflight tests to print any such as "invalid" in red. Your bindings file had already made it to the server and you can know see it parse correctly at <https://edrefcard.info/binds/muqesv>. As you can see, Next Page, Prev Page and advanced camera mode are the offenders.

hmm, ok thanks for that...I hadn't actually bound those so they must have been legacy settings from an original bindings file import

hmm, ok thanks for that...I hadn't actually bound those so they must have been legacy settings from an original bindings file import
No problem. Those bindings were all introduced in later versions of the game so it's possible that the game's updater introduced them. No big deal.

I see that you've added the Virpil Delta stick, awesome! I just got the Virpil MongoosT-50CM2 Grip on a WarBRD base with the reference "wiaimc". I also have the DSD Race King LED button box on there.

Hello there. Another unrecognized controller. Reference: xpnckw

It's a Microsoft SideWinder Precision Pro

Thank you for this tool from a brand new player!

800px-Microsoft_Precision_Pro.jpg

Another unrecognized device. The new VKB Gladiator K. Reference code zrdgqz. The grip is the same as the current Kosmosima, it just seems to have a different device ID in the bindings file. The Device ID is 231D0132.

THANK YOU. Love EDrefcard!

Thank you very much for your explanation.

The key binding listing helps a lot, but i was hoping for a graphical keyboard reference card. For example: z and y keys are reversed on a German keyboard, there is no backslash key and so on... It would be very helpful to know exactly where on a German keyboard you have to press one of the many many "switches" on this keyboard to use english binding profiles.

I just now realized the problem: Ship, SRV, UI, Galaxy Map etc. would need their own keyboard reference card or color code. ...and that would probably be way too much work for a much too rare problem.

Another unknown controller detected.
I got the reference code: fqzcpl

I've got a Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS HOTAS as the game has identified it as, I bought the version with the rudder pedals.

I believe there may be some mistakes in the visualization for the Warthog HOTAS here: https://edrefcard.info/device/Warthog

• There are two controls on the throttle that show Joy_20, the red front button and the APU Start switch. Perhaps the red front button should be Joy_2?
  • The two switches above the APU Start show Joy_31 and Joy_32 for both up and down. Shouldn't they be distinct?

I believe there may be some mistakes in the visualization for the Warthog HOTAS here: https://edrefcard.info/device/Warthog

• There are two controls on the throttle that show Joy_20, the red front button and the APU Start switch. Perhaps the red front button should be Joy_2?
  • The two switches above the APU Start show Joy_31 and Joy_32 for both up and down. Shouldn't they be distinct?
Thanks, I have downloaded the user manual from Thrustmaster's site and if I am reading it correctly I should make the following changes:

• Change the red front button on the throttle from Joy_20 to Joy_15
  • Change the top 4-way hat on the side for the throttle to: push Joy_2; up Joy_3; forward Joy_4, down Joy_5, back Joy_6
  • I am not sure what is correct for the front coolie hat on the throttle but it is definitely not Joy_22 thru Joy_25
  • Left throttle should be Joy_RZAxis
  • The down counterpart to Joy_31 should be Joy_18
  • The down counterpart to Joy_32 should be Joy_19

What would really help me is if you could please bring up the joystick control panel (press Win+R and enter joy.cpl), open up the window for the throttle and exercise each button in turn. That way we can know for certain, and also figure out the correct mapping for the front coolie hat.

Yikes, there were a few more discrepancies then on the Warthog. Unfortunately, I do not have a one with me right now to verify in the control panel. Anyone else?

Another unknown controller detected.
I got the reference code: fqzcpl

I've got a Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS HOTAS as the game has identified it as, I bought the version with the rudder pedals.
I deleted the custom.binds file and started the game up again and fiddled with a few of the controls and now it gives me the correct image and mappings.

Top Bottom