Release EDRefCard - makes a printable reference card of your controller bindings

Thanks, I have downloaded the user manual from Thrustmaster's site and if I am reading it correctly I should make the following changes:

• Change the red front button on the throttle from Joy_20 to Joy_15
  • Change the top 4-way hat on the side for the throttle to: push Joy_2; up Joy_3; forward Joy_4, down Joy_5, back Joy_6
  • I am not sure what is correct for the front coolie hat on the throttle but it is definitely not Joy_22 thru Joy_25
  • Left throttle should be Joy_RZAxis
  • The down counterpart to Joy_31 should be Joy_18
  • The down counterpart to Joy_32 should be Joy_19

What would really help me is if you could please bring up the joystick control panel (press Win+R and enter joy.cpl), open up the window for the throttle and exercise each button in turn. That way we can know for certain, and also figure out the correct mapping for the front coolie hat.

I got a message from a Warthog hotas user who made the following adjustments in red to the chart: Source: https://i.imgur.com/R9wN5Qe.png
They appear to confirm what you've read from the manual and added ids (JOY_POV1) for the coolie. Note that he's also added two buttons that were missing.

Follow up to the two buttons missing. They are not standard buttons, but fire when the corresponding L or R throttle is in idle position.

Hello, I love your website. I just got a new VKB Gladiator-K and it's not yet supported. The code the site gave me is "dnlcep" Hope that helps you get that sorted!

Just wanted to add, since the interface sent me here: TFlight HOTAS - One isn't supported. Should be just a simple profile clone from the X and others, but it errors out. I'm using HOTASAS (Dual stick/throttle) and almost had a calamity that this tool has already helped me sort out (was able to grab one of my sticks at least). Thank you for the visualization. o7

Last edited:
These Logitech Extreme 3D Pro bindings got me to Beagle Point and back on DW1.

Is it possible to copy your binding file to mine as a custom bind? ( 1st post, sorry of this is redundant.)

EDIT: nm I found the line that says I can download it as a file o0 My exisiting binds file doesn't look like an xml file as this one is....how do I add it? and thanks for a great tool.

Last edited:
Hi! I got the new VKB-sim Gladiator-K (Premium) and the device shows up as 231D0132 for me. I thought you might want to add this to the site since it came back as unknown.

You have a device that is not supported at this time. Please report details of your device by following the link at the bottom of this page supplying the reference "mliiyj" and we will attempt to add support for it.

I think this one is probably difficult as I'm using 2 VpcWarBRD bases with a left and right Alpha grip (edrefcard shows a delta, single), and a VPC MongoosT-50CM2 throttle.

This has been very handy for at least my last 3 sets of hotas.

Deck.

Edit:

Now I've looked into the VPC profiler software and how you can move how windows sees the buttons (logical) to which of the physical buttons activates it, if it could be done you'd have to run the stick/s in a purely default button setting, anything else would just be a mess.

Last edited:
Preview VPC Alphas support:
http://edrefcard.slions.net/binds/dufqmk
http://edrefcard.slions.net/

For it to work you need to map your left Alpha to PID 2046 and right Alpha to PID 2048.

Last edited:
Now I've looked into the VPC profiler software and how you can move how windows sees the buttons (logical) to which of the physical buttons activates it, if it could be done you'd have to run the stick/s in a purely default button setting, anything else would just be a mess.

Yes you need to run the default VPC config and make sure PIDs are set as explained above or you can do your own using templates:

Last edited:
Thanks for taking the time to make this utility! I've been using it a long time.
My X55 recently died and I opted for an X56 to replace it.
I've redone some of my controls as the X56 analogue sticks actually work, although I think I prefer a button where the Stick now has an analog joystick.

Suggestions after remapping and needing to retrain my brain:
  • Make a black and white line drawing of Throttle and Stick;
    • like the Virpil image a few pages back
    • I like the clarity/style better than an actual image
    • saves ink
    • I did this myself but it's a manual effort, can't dump the mappings to it
  • Make a separate image page for each of Throttle and Stick and each mode for keybindings.
    • The current layout is cramped and I'd like to put the printouts in front of each controller in larger view for my tired eyes.
    • current keyboard modes jumbled rather than neatly ordered on printout
  • Add a virtual keyboard view with option to make separate prints for SRV, SHIP, etc. i.e. print a black and white keyboard line drawing and add the key references to that instead of jumbling them up in a list
  • Label the buttons in tiny print on the image; i.e. Button 1 could have a small "1" somewhere on or next to it
    • "button 1" I know is the Stick main trigger without needing a reference, the various hats, don't have memorized. Would just be a convenience

Attachments

• Xfrj0xWl.jpg
    Xfrj0xWl.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 2,571
Last edited:
Please add support for the Thrustmaster T.Flight Hotas One. I use it on PC and it's a really significant improvement over the T.Flight Hotas X. Everything seems built just a little better and there are 3 more usable buttons! Though, the layout is basically the same as the Hotas X. Thanks! Great tool!
Incidentally, here is the message I got:
Unknown controller detected
You have a device that is not supported at this time. Please report details of your device by following the link at the bottom of this page supplying the reference "nggdsh" and we will attempt to add support for it.

It's not vastly different than the T.Flight Hotas 4 for Playstation, but the stick has 3 more buttons, the Xbox button is not programmable on the PC, it only serves as a switch between 4 and 5-axis control in case you hook up a rudder pedal. Please see the attached.

Attachments

• HotasOne.jpg
    HotasOne.jpg
    163.5 KB · Views: 211
Last edited:
If we have a HOTASAS setup (Dual Stick + Throttle), this Tool detects the three controllers ?

I use:
  • Dual stick "Hosas" (T16K + VKB Kosmosima) for combat or ship with a good maneuverability,
  • Hotas (VKB Kosmosima + Thrustmaster TWCS) for Trading ships or with a bad maneuverability.

Last edited:
Do you confuse your lights with

your landing gear? Or maybe you've

just splurged on a new HOTAS and

are looking for a decent control set?

Either way, EDRefCard

has your back!

EDRefCard is a website that can take your custom bindings file and generate a beautiful printable reference card for both your keyboard and controller, be it a gamepad, joystick or HOTAS.

The reference cards are high-resolution for printing, and can optionally be filtered by control group and/or colour-coded by control group or modifier key -- yes, bindings that use modifier keys are fully supported!

You also have the option to save your bindings, which can be useful both as a backup and to sync across more than one computer. Saved bindings are public and browsable via a (currently rather primitive) listing.

EDRefCard will also warn you of the slip-up of binding an analog axis to a digital input when there is an analog input available.

While there is currently no way to upload the bindings files from a game console, I do always maintain the game's default bindings schemes on the site, currently under names starting "3.3 default", and those include the standard XBox and PS4 schemes.

In case you were wondering, yes EDRefCard is the successor site to the reference card generator originally written by CMDR jgm, handed over with his blessing. The old thread is here.
Hello

My bindings reference is insnni.

I have a VPC Constellation Alpha Right grip. However, the VPC Constellation Alpha Left grip is shown when I generate the bindings reference sheet.

Also, I have a currently unsupported device, the VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Throttle, which is treated as 3 devices for the purposes of overcoming DirectX limitations. Is support being worked on for this device?

Thank you.

JSB

My bindings reference is insnni.
Do you have a typo in the bindings reference? https://edrefcard.info/binds/insnni is showing up as not found.

I have a VPC Constellation Alpha Right grip. However, the VPC Constellation Alpha Left grip is shown when I generate the bindings reference sheet.
They Virpil Constellation Alpha isn't currently supported. The only grips for which I currently have left and right variants are the VKB Kosmosima or Virpil Warbird Delta, did you mean one of them?

Also, I have a currently unsupported device, the VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Throttle, which is treated as 3 devices for the purposes of overcoming DirectX limitations. Is support being worked on for this device?
I'm aware of Virpil's mapping software as I've been considering getting some of their kit myself. However the fact that the user can arbitrarily map the physical device to DirectX device ID and button codes any way they want, including changing the device ID codes, while very powerful, fundamentally conflicts with the way EDRefCard works, which is to read the device ID and use that to select a static diagram to draw on. I've been mulling this over but it's not immediately clear how to get around this.

• Like (+1)
Reactions: JSB
Do you have a typo in the bindings reference? https://edrefcard.info/binds/insnni is showing up as not found.

They Virpil Constellation Alpha isn't currently supported. The only grips for which I currently have left and right variants are the VKB Kosmosima or Virpil Warbird Delta, did you mean one of them?

I'm aware of Virpil's mapping software as I've been considering getting some of their kit myself. However the fact that the user can arbitrarily map the physical device to DirectX device ID and button codes any way they want, including changing the device ID codes, while very powerful, fundamentally conflicts with the way EDRefCard works, which is to read the device ID and use that to select a static diagram to draw on. I've been mulling this over but it's not immediately clear how to get around this.
Hello

There is no typo. I did use the following url: http://edrefcard.slions.net/

Is this one correct? Is it a beta site? That url does seem to support the VPC Constellation Alpha Left and Right grips.

I fully understand the difficulty in mapping the throttle. That I guess will take a long time to do.

Thank you.

JSB

Perhaps related: I am using vJoy / Joystick Gremlin to get a mashup between my KKB Kosmosima + TM FLCS (TM16000) Throttle...I like JGremil because I was able to finely customize my analog axes (which native ED doesn't let you do beyond dead zone sensitivity)...

I think I tried EDRefCard just to get a working list - but obviously it doesn't recognize the vJoy - and frankly it could have 100s of permutations depending on what stick controller is actually being used...

What might be nice nonetheless - would be a simple listing of what every DirectX input is - and leave it up to us to sort it out....

A fancier version of that would be a tick box “Joystick manufacturer undetected - please select from a list” (pull-down) - and then “impose” the DirectX buttons onto that joystick mapping?

Great app nonetheless!

o7

Top Bottom