Ability to make zoo maps?

I think it would be a really cool and creative idea to add some kind of simple map making for our zoos!

1) I really think it would help to plan out our zoos beforehand (like a blue print).

2) More importantly I think they look awesome!

3) It adds to the in game realism and overall experience, almost every single major accredited zoo provides you with a paper map at the gate...

Just take a look at some of the maps from your favorite zoos and the good ones are all bright, colorful, easy to read, and simple (depending on your zoo) and the animal shapes are usually just simplified silhouettes for the most part.

Berlin Zoo

berlin zoo.jpg

Bronx Zoo
bronx zoo.gif

San Francisco Zoo
san francisco zoo.jpg

Toronto Zoo

toronto zoo.jpg

Perth Zoo
perth zoo.jpg

Singapore Zoo
singapore zoo.jpg

Oh, and we need new dlc BADLY! Like really really badly! Thank you

I think it would be a really cool and creative idea to add some kind of simple map making for our zoos!

1) I really think it would help to plan out our zoos beforehand (like a blue print).

2) More importantly I think they look awesome!

3) It adds to the in game realism and overall experience, almost every single major accredited zoo provides you with a paper map at the gate...

Just take a look at some of the maps from your favorite zoos and the good ones are all bright, colorful, easy to read, and simple (depending on your zoo) and the animal shapes are usually just simplified silhouettes for the most part.

Berlin Zoo
View attachment 176297

Bronx Zoo
View attachment 176298

San Francisco Zoo
View attachment 176300

Toronto Zoo
View attachment 176301

Perth Zoo
View attachment 176302

Singapore Zoo
View attachment 176303

Oh, and we need new dlc BADLY! Like really really badly! Thank you
Would be a cool idea I suppose. But we don't "need" dlc really really badly. It'll come in another few weeks or so.

Do you mean making a map with certain drawing tools ?
or loading your save in a generator so the game will create this automatically ? (means you can only do this afterwards)

or loading your save in a generator so the game will create this automatically ? (means you can only do this afterwards)

Me personally, I remember that ZT2 had maps, it was a useful way to travel quickly around the zoo (so that was nice); you'd open the map and wherever you clicked on it you'd appear there. So map generator like that... but with more detail that made it look like a real zoo map?

Both! I genuinely like both of those ideas. It doesn't have to be flashy or sophisticated. I would be happy with something fairly simple, but I would prefer customization (it's hard to plan out massive or extravagant builds beforehand without using paper) and my drawing/engineering skills leave a lot to be desired, a pre planning tool or zoo map would make planning out zoos much simpler

They heard my pleas and we're getting a new dlc! Just saw this posted on steamdb.

Screenshot_20200612-112708_Samsung Internet.jpg

Probably an official announcement on Tues 16 or Tues 23? So pumped, gimme some roos!

Last edited:
Me personally, I remember that ZT2 had maps, it was a useful way to travel quickly around the zoo (so that was nice); you'd open the map and wherever you clicked on it you'd appear there. So map generator like that... but with more detail that made it look like a real zoo map?

That'd be cool, or even a simpler version of that but where you could choose where habitats and buildings and facilities go, like your zoo on a birds eye grid system (maybe add animal washroom and restaurant symbols so you could design your zoo) But even if it took your zoo like in ZT2 and made an in game "paper map" that both you and your guests could view, I think they'd both be interesting features.

It would be cool to add a map of your zoo to billboard for guests to see too. See this all the time in actual zoos. Could even have a "you are here" point marked on it

i dont understand, why people call it creative to use a map of an existing zoo and just build it again. it is the opposite of creativity. could be good craftmanship still, but is not creative.

i dont understand, why people call it creative to use a map of an existing zoo and just build it again. it is the opposite of creativity. could be good craftmanship still, but is not creative.

Still is, you have to be very creative with the limited scenery pieces you have.

Top Bottom