Newcomer / Intro What are you up to?

That was a fun diversion. Trying different mining techniques. I'm thinking sub-surface is a pain and not worth the aggro - but that's probably because I'm not practiced enough. Still, it made a change from LTD's.

The Raxxla thing is proving to be a little... well, I'm wondering whether, when they said it exists, it actually doesn't and the Dev is having a giraffe :D

So, I could be back to exploring soon. I do have more than enough for an FC now but I probably won't indulge. Probably not. Maybe one day.

Well, it's finally completed.

Callsign J-KR, a 140,000 word Elite Dangerous novel.

You would think that now life will return to something resembling normality in these unusual times, but instead I've started on J-KR2. This time I'm blowing lore and canon apart in my own deeply researched take on Project Equinox, Thunderchild, Gail and (hehehe) Raxxla. The prologue will be posted tomorrow sometime, and I'm almost as pleased with it as the epilogues of this one.

Well, it's finally completed.

Callsign J-KR, a 140,000 word Elite Dangerous novel.

You would think that now life will return to something resembling normality in these unusual times, but instead I've started on J-KR2. This time I'm blowing lore and canon apart in my own deeply researched take on Project Equinox, Thunderchild, Gail and (hehehe) Raxxla. The prologue will be posted tomorrow sometime, and I'm almost as pleased with it as the epilogues of this one.

Congrats on the completion! (y)(y)(y)

Been trying out the distant LTD3 in the Swoilz sector. My preliminary tests in the LTD3 there suggest that it is slightly worse for sub-surface mining than Kirre's Icebox as I have had mining times between 27 and 31 minutes to fill my 192+6 ton Python (typically doing 24-27 mins in Kirre's). Still, it is a reasonable place to mine. On the plus side, it is so far out that there are no NPC pirates (i.e., if you want to, you could log off and continue mining without interference later) and system chat is free from people shouting "EGG! All hail EGG!" On the down side, the planet itself is further from the arrival star than the Icebox is so travel times are also slightly longer (unless you are lucky enough to park your carrier next to the hotspots).

Next up: Checking out the weak LTD4 just to rule out some SSD spawn rules.

Just out of curiosity...

What are you guys "working" on at present?

I've just hauled my sorry behind to
Seos (yay, I got learnec in scooping) so I can hop back and forth to
Sothis for Sirius Corp faction.

I'm just interested so it gives me ideas for future ventures.

O7

(although I now prefet "The Rimmer" - @@@O - brilliant :D )

I'm panhandling. See my signature :D

iu

Just TWO more donors needed! Thank you everyone who has donated to the OLD DUCK CARRIER FUND up to this point. I'll happily list any donor's name in my signature if you want! And someday, when I become CEO of Frontier, I'll not forget your kindness ;)

I'm panhandling. See my signature :D

iu

Just TWO more donors needed! Thank you everyone who has donated to the OLD DUCK CARRIER FUND up to this point. I'll happily list any donor's name in my signature if you want! And someday, when I become CEO of Frontier, I'll not forget your kindness ;)
Replying more to your signature than your post, but...
I, too, only have a little over a billion credits after about a year of playing the game "right". But that also means I have no use for the carrier. I don't think this fact speaks badly about our gameplay style, it just speaks badly about the carrier concept as a whole.
Don't lower yourself to begging.

:p

There's a player group that is sponsoring a month-long Community Goal, using a carrier as the turn-in station. They want Thargoid stuff, some which can be gathered, and some which requires combat.

It's a worthy effort, I think, and it's cool that it is player-run. I'm too far away to participate, but I figured some of you fine folks might be interested.

I have no affiliation, I just heard it via the internet.

Gosh. I just took the Mamba out for a quick spin. Quite fun to fly so I think I may name her something more... suitable... than "Incontinentia Buttocks". (I had wanted the surname "Buttockth" to fit the pronunciation correctly but that was just one letter too long).

I think she deserves a stint in a hazres to see what's what; she has plasma accelerators and rail guns which are a world away from what I normally use.

whoosh!
That's the sound of the previous few posts going over my head.

Meanwhile, I'm playing "Spot the Krait!". It's kinda like Where's Waldo only worse and not for kids so much as space nerds.

Screenshot_0502.jpg

Top Bottom