Patch Notes Fleet Carriers Update Patch 2 - Downtime and Patch Notes

Incorrect faction influence values in system map, right panel and player journal

Following the Fleet Carriers Update Patch 2 even hours after the tick (server side script to process daily background simulation transactions and update conflict, state and influence values) the aforementioned values are not refreshed in game client's starmap, right (4) panel or in the player journal. Those keep displaying the previous tick's values (regardless repeatedly restarting the game from desktop to clear cached values). The new values properly appear in the station boards' faction news and the in the respective limited dataset of the squadron allegiance page.

This is a major issue that is a substantial hindrance to BGS monitoring and gameplay for the numerous groups enjoying that kind of long term endgame and also a major threat to the data integrity of 3rd party databases and services relying on the player journals values.

Steps to Reproduce
1. Select an inhabited system that had it's influence values changed due to player transactions last tick.
2. Check the influence values in the starmap, right panel or player journal to inspect that those are identical to the previous day's values.
3. Check the station board's faction news values, the squadron allegiance page's values or simply the database to confirm that these are not equal to the aforementioned values and that the server script changed them appropriately.

Crash Boom Bash - the Mauve Adder strikes again......and again.....and again.

Seems like this occurs soon after an Inara Data Update - anyone else get this?

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
2020-06-30_21_50_11-Window.png

I’m apologies, but I’m a little speechless.
A thargoid probe is 4 million at an average price?!

No they're not. Ask Cmdr Mgram if that is the buy price they, or someone else, have set on a Fleet Carrier. I'll think you'll find it is. Especially as this is done partly by Mgram

Greetings Commanders,

Today's patch brings a number of changes, primarily focusing on stability and Fleet Carrier fixes. These are due to go live at 10:00 UTC with 15 minutes of downtime expected.

Fleet Carriers
  • Setting a price for a commodity in the market management screen is now much faster.
  • Players can now use "-" when entering ship IDs.
  • Fixed an issue that placed Fleet Carriers in the barycentre when jumping to a binary system, even if space was present around the primary star.
  • Fixed an issue which could cause Fleet Carrier landing pads to be displaced.
  • Removed superpower faction logos from Fleet Carriers.
  • Fixed a bug which prevented SRVs from being restocked at Fleet Carriers.
  • Fixed the timing so that when transferring a ship to a carrier the "Incoming Message" audio now plays at the same time as the message arrives rather than immediately upon requesting the transfer.
  • Fixed a problem with stolen mission cargo getting stuck after being sold to a Fleet Carrier.
  • Fixed an issue positioning Fleet Carriers near stellar bodies with highly eccentric orbits.
  • Fixed some issues with bookmarking Fleet Carriers.
  • Fixed an issue with Limpets sometimes not being restockable at a Fleet Carrier.
  • Fixed an issue with Fleet Carrier shipyards incorrectly interacting with Powerplay control system effects.
  • Fixed an issue causing ship inventory numbers to be displayed incorrectly after selling items to a Fleet Carrier.
Background Simulation
  • Adjusted the way Retreat and Expansion conflicts are resolved: The Retreat state will now be overridden if another faction attempts to expand into the retreating faction's star system by challenging them. The resulting conflict will still evict either the expanding or the previously retreating faction as normal
Mining
  • Surface and sub-surface deposits on asteroids will no longer immediately respawn when re-entering the instance or switching to a ship launched fighter.
Galaxy Map
  • Fixed an issue which stopped Squadron Bookmarks appearing.
Installations
  • Fixed an issue with combat bonds not being correctly awarded for scenario objectives when over four players contributed.
Commodities
  • Galactic average prices were updated.
Stability Changes
  • Fixed an Orange Sidewinder connection issue when dropping into an instance with a Starport and Carrier Vendor.
  • Fixed a crash when entering the Commodity Market on a Fleet Carrier.
  • Fixed a crash when entering Holo-Me customisation at a Fleet Carrier.
  • Fixed a crash when purchasing a Fleet Carrier and immediately viewing it in the galaxy map.
ARX
  • Fixed a bug which meant that selected Fleet Carrier paint jobs would be removed when entering an instance.
Thanks for all of your feedback. Let us know how you find the changes and if any further issues arise!

o7

I'll continue my request for Fleet Carriers self sustainability, from here on referred to as FC.

Currently I feel FC are a Sunken Cost Fallacy.
Reasoning for the existence of a FC in the Elite Galaxy seems self explanatory, Carry a Fleet of ships over great distance with supplies and resources to mitigate risk for these ships to venture without support.

The value proposition for any venture measures risk and reward with a Return On Investment, from here on referred to as ROI, this is a quantifiable standard for any venture. Business ventures require capitol investment with an ROI. In situations where profit is not the motive, you invest, get the perceived benefit at no additional cost with a net loss of zero. Charities and non-profit services still require this self sustaining ROI model to survive, otherwise it's a donation without further benefit with additional cost.

This is the current implementation of FC, You invest time, resources and operate at a continued loss, the only way to continue is additional time and resources continually chasing the loss from investment. This is not a path to success in any venture.

For me the universal application of a FC should be self sustainable in any one of the rolls in the Elite Galaxy. Participating in multiple rolls nets a further gain ROI making these additional ventures profitable for the additional time and resource investment. That is a healthy, mutually beneficial game-play mechanic.

Exploration with Cartographic and Codex.
Trade Cargo carry investment.
Bounty and Faction play.
Mining distant resources.

Currently the closest approach to sustaining the sunken cost of a FC is Mining a single resource simply because it's the path of least resistance. Any attempt to utilize the FC requires acquisition of Tritium with the path of least resistance mining LTD, selling at stations in the bubble, purchasing Tritium and delivering it to the FC.

By this definition a Fleet Carrier is a Mining Carrier tied to a supply chain. There isn't a universal roll without this accepted logistics. Although there are other ways the depreciating return of time involved eventually returns to the path of least resistance.

For this very reasoning I didn't buy a FC. I did the math, the value proposition wasn't there. Owning a Mining Carrier with one game-play loop wasn't fun.

Welcome to my TED Talk.

Incorrect faction influence values in system map, right panel and player journal

Following the Fleet Carriers Update Patch 2 even hours after the tick (server side script to process daily background simulation transactions and update conflict, state and influence values) the aforementioned values are not refreshed in game client's starmap, right (4) panel or in the player journal. Those keep displaying the previous tick's values (regardless repeatedly restarting the game from desktop to clear cached values). The new values properly appear in the station boards' faction news and the in the respective limited dataset of the squadron allegiance page.

This is a major issue that is a substantial hindrance to BGS monitoring and gameplay for the numerous groups enjoying that kind of long term endgame and also a major threat to the data integrity of 3rd party databases and services relying on the player journals values.

Steps to Reproduce
1. Select an inhabited system that had it's influence values changed due to player transactions last tick.
2. Check the influence values in the starmap, right panel or player journal to inspect that those are identical to the previous day's values.
3. Check the station board's faction news values, the squadron allegiance page's values or simply the database to confirm that these are not equal to the aforementioned values and that the server script changed them appropriately.

Pro Cambarus submitted a support ticket on this issue. Please contribute to it: https://issues.frontierstore.net/issue-detail/17698

The whole SLF mining debacle and seeing how people can make 10s of billions in one sitting now is incredibly demoralising, makes me feel like my 1000+ hours were wasted. It's reached the point where I'm quitting elite until odyssey in the hope that it could bring engaging gameplay, which it won't.

Lol
I have over 800hrs and I couldn't care less if a new player made a trillion right now. It doesn't affect me in game. It's all in your head.

I'll continue my request for Fleet Carriers self sustainability, from here on referred to as FC.

Reasoning for the existence of a FC in the Elite Galaxy seems self explanatory, Carry a Fleet of ships over great distance with supplies and resources to mitigate risk for these ships to venture without support.

The value proposition for any venture measures risk and reward with a Return On Investment, from here on referred to as ROI, this is a quantifiable standard for any venture. Business ventures require capitol investment with an ROI. In situations where profit is not the motive, you invest, get the perceived benefit at no additional cost with a net loss of zero. Charities and non-profit services still require this self sustaining ROI model to survive, otherwise it's a donation without further benefit with additional cost.

This is the current implementation of FC, You invest time, resources and operate at a continued loss, the only way to continue is additional time and resources continually chasing the loss from investment. This is not a path to success in any venture.

For me the universal application of a FC should be self sustainable in any one of the rolls in the Elite Galaxy. Participating in multiple rolls nets a further gain ROI making these additional ventures profitable for the additional time and resource investment. That is a healthy, mutually beneficial game-play mechanic.

Bounty and Faction play.

Currently the closest approach to sustaining the sunken cost of a FC is Mining a single resource simply because it's the path of least resistance. Any attempt to utilize the FC requires acquisition of Tritium with the path of least resistance mining LTD, selling at stations in the bubble, purchasing Tritium and delivering it to the FC.

By this definition a Fleet Carrier is a Mining Carrier tied to a supply chain. There isn't a universal roll without this accepted logistics. Although there are other ways the depreciating return of time involved eventually returns to the path of least resistance.

For this very reasoning I didn't buy a FC. I did the math, the value proposition wasn't there. Owning a Mining Carrier with one game-play loop wasn't fun.

Welcome to my TED Talk.

Not this discussion again...
Fleet carrier are supposed to be support vessels.
They are not meant to make that muchnmoney, but help you do whatever you want to do, only better/faster (mining, trading, exploration, combat).
Beside, with the current upkeep, any activity can generate enough credits to pay for the carrier (even carrier and modules can be paid with a little 'grindmining' ).

Bounty and Faction play.

Welcome to my TED Talk.

I feel like Fleet Carriers are NOT supposed to be practical outside of massive, government-scale operations or other similarly awe-inspiring military forces. The fact that these Carriers are spawning IN ABUNDANCE seems slightly ridiculous, especially at the pace they supposedly are.

Not bashing the idea, I mean having your own mobile station sounds absolutely jaw-dropping, and I would love to have one. But at the same time, I totally understand that the investment needed to have that cool power is going to be monumental.

And one other detail to note. Non-profit organizations only concern themselves with keeping the lights on. I swear, if they could (or should) operate for free, they would (or at least should). Maybe that's just the Alliance in me, but y'all trying to turn a profit with Carriers is WHY the Alliance is against the Federation. Money talks, but what if it were muted?

I feel like Fleet Carriers are NOT supposed to be practical outside of massive, government-scale operations or other similarly awe-inspiring military forces. The fact that these Carriers are spawning IN ABUNDANCE seems slightly ridiculous, especially at the pace they supposedly are.
Over 6100 FCs in the galaxy at the moment. They passed 6000 yesterday, at this rate they'll outnumber Coriolis stations by next week.
https://eddb.io/station?i=1&t=24

Until 250+ of the newly rich park their FCs in your favorite star system.

I agree with you,
But this is a human problem, not a carrier one.
I usually park my carrier in an uninhabited star system not too far from where I want to go. It's quieter there.
I wonder why carrier owners don't want to use their FSD anymore :unsure:...

Last edited:
Tritium price is driven by BGS state. I'd assume you'll get the 4k/t prices in Colonia when a station out there that supplies it hits Drought state, as that's the golden ticket in the Bubble...
I doubt anything updated today will affect whether or not Tritium is available in Colonia at 4k/tonne.
<--- snip --->
I would expect based on previous patterns that the discount prices would be available for a few days every couple of months, on average.

Thanks for the replies, well at least I learnt something.

Currently I have experiencing a different problem. I cant sell LTDs and it still stands on my cargo and Fleet Carrier not buy.
Everyone experience this problem?

o7

Top Bottom