Patch Notes Fleet Carriers Update Patch 2 - Downtime and Patch Notes

Currently I have experiencing a different problem. I cant sell LTDs and it still stands on my cargo and Fleet Carrier not buy.
Everyone experience this problem?

o7

Until 250+ of the newly rich park their FCs in your favorite star system.
Over 6100 FCs in the galaxy at the moment. They passed 6000 yesterday, at this rate they'll outnumber Coriolis stations by next week.
https://eddb.io/station?i=1&t=24
Remember how I said, "The fact that these Carriers are spawning IN ABUNDANCE seems slightly ridiculous"? Well, you guys are attempting to provide evidence for exactly what I was referring to. I mean, if every single one of them conspired together, they could overthrow any of the main in-game superpowers...Frontier's coding permitting, of course.

Lol
I have over 800hrs and I couldn't care less if a new player made a trillion right now. It doesn't affect me in game. It's all in your head.
It will affect on you, when we get something bigger than carrier for 100b "cause you guys mining trillions in ltd"
And you will eat your shoes, cause without exploits making money on it will be impossible :)
tbh mining can be one of reasons of price carriers. It don't affect on other players, right? Sure.

Last edited:
the reason about g.avg change?
Helps stuff like my mineral trading gig

Uggg I have to update prices today... coffee and breakfast first...

Last edited:
Question here:

So you have NOT fixed the hot-spot mining problem where rocks are generated with any goods in them yet generate other stuff.

This has been reported long enough with a few bug reports since the last fleet carrier patch and its still messing up the whole mining state.

The only thing that seems to be generating in hotpots is in triple quad which is Ltds and tritium. Everything else isn't generating totally messing up mining.

This is an important fix as a lot of cmdrs are mining and can't mine what's advertised in hotspots

Please fix A. S. A. P.

Fix the mining hot-spot issue it's not generating what's advertised in any of em.

This has been confirmed now by a number of cmdrs in a bug report I submitted almost 2 weeks ago and it's just the same. Not fixed.

Bug report is stuck on confirming without being fixed.

It will affect on you, when we get something bigger than carrier for 100b "cause you guys mining trillions in ltd"
And you will eat your shoes, cause without exploits making money on it will be impossible :)
tbh mining can be one of reasons of price carriers. It don't affect on other players, right? Sure.
Very unlikely. People were expecting 20bn+ for a carrier because of all the easy money methods and there have been plenty over the years. 5bn, 10bn max? That's doable for a long time end game player.
I'll continue to find easy money making ways. It still doesn't bother me that some stranger makes more money faster.

Money isn't an issue that affects anyone else and never has.

Its kinda deflating downloading this patch, knowing that the key stuff listed as fixed hasn't been fixed and other broken stuff hasn't been patched.

Already missing the imperial decal on my nautilus :/
I imagine that it's only a matter of time before you have the decal you want on your Fleet Carrier and you're missing some of your ARX instead.

Edit: haven't logged in yet today. Anyone looked in livery to see if that's now an option?

Last edited:
I'll continue my request for Fleet Carriers self sustainability, from here on referred to as FC.

Currently I feel FC are a Sunken Cost Fallacy.
Reasoning for the existence of a FC in the Elite Galaxy seems self explanatory, Carry a Fleet of ships over great distance with supplies and resources to mitigate risk for these ships to venture without support.

The value proposition for any venture measures risk and reward with a Return On Investment, from here on referred to as ROI, this is a quantifiable standard for any venture. Business ventures require capitol investment with an ROI. In situations where profit is not the motive, you invest, get the perceived benefit at no additional cost with a net loss of zero. Charities and non-profit services still require this self sustaining ROI model to survive, otherwise it's a donation without further benefit with additional cost.

This is the current implementation of FC, You invest time, resources and operate at a continued loss, the only way to continue is additional time and resources continually chasing the loss from investment. This is not a path to success in any venture.

For me the universal application of a FC should be self sustainable in any one of the rolls in the Elite Galaxy. Participating in multiple rolls nets a further gain ROI making these additional ventures profitable for the additional time and resource investment. That is a healthy, mutually beneficial game-play mechanic.

Exploration with Cartographic and Codex.
Trade Cargo carry investment.
Bounty and Faction play.
Mining distant resources.

Currently the closest approach to sustaining the sunken cost of a FC is Mining a single resource simply because it's the path of least resistance. Any attempt to utilize the FC requires acquisition of Tritium with the path of least resistance mining LTD, selling at stations in the bubble, purchasing Tritium and delivering it to the FC.

By this definition a Fleet Carrier is a Mining Carrier tied to a supply chain. There isn't a universal roll without this accepted logistics. Although there are other ways the depreciating return of time involved eventually returns to the path of least resistance.

For this very reasoning I didn't buy a FC. I did the math, the value proposition wasn't there. Owning a Mining Carrier with one game-play loop wasn't fun.

Welcome to my TED Talk.

It is already very well self sustainable. Just keep an eye on my journeys, linked in my sig.

I imagine that it's only a matter of time before you have the decal you want on your Fleet Carrier and you're missing some of your ARX instead.

Edit: haven't logged in yet today. Anyone looked in livery to see if that's now an option?
I did. No option for decals

Over 6100 FCs in the galaxy at the moment. They passed 6000 yesterday, at this rate they'll outnumber Coriolis stations by next week.
https://eddb.io/station?i=1&t=24
As there probably should be. If starports are the cities and starships are the individual lorries making deliveries, megaships are the cargo ships and trains carrying bulk supplies around human space. There should definitely be more than one per city.

And by the same logic, I really should have the option in my road atlas to NOT display the location of every ship and train, but just the big cities. Can we please get some filtering options for the System Map view?

Top Bottom