Fix PIRATE NPCS. WOW

I just lost 500t of cargo to some dumb Cobra (AI) who melted me and my Type-9. Waste of my time, this game. Please explain to me how something so small can destroy my A rated ship in such a short time. Also he asked for cargo, like 1t so i gave him it, after which he asked for more, and then started shooting???!? How is this game so god damn broken still, I thought I spent my money on something worth while but apparently not. Sort your game out. Not buying any more of your products, soz.

I'm not after 'sympathy' I'm after an explanation from the awful studio putting out this garbage before it's fixed and viable. Who tf is supposed to deal with that? I wanna know what you would've done :3

I'm not after 'sympathy' I'm after an explanation from the awful studio putting out this garbage before it's fixed and viable. Who tf is supposed to deal with that? I wanna know what you would've done :3

Ok. You will get asked this a lot.
What shields and weapons are you fitted out with?
What were you carrying specifically?
Were you interdicted or was you mining?

Give me those answers, I’ll answer your question.

Or even better:
  • post a link to your build on Coriolis or EDSY
  • post a screenshot of your transactions tab (I'd like to see if that was a mission related pirate or a random interdiction)
  • tell us your combat and merchant rank

We could speculate endlessly about why that happened to you, but it would be baseless without that info.

I just lost 500t of cargo to some dumb Cobra (AI) who melted me and my Type-9. Waste of my time, this game. Please explain to me how something so small can destroy my A rated ship in such a short time. Also he asked for cargo, like 1t so i gave him it, after which he asked for more, and then started shooting???!? How is this game so god damn broken still, I thought I spent my money on something worth while but apparently not. Sort your game out. Not buying any more of your products, soz.
If you truly encountered a bug (I've encountered some bugged pirates recently), then you have my sympathy. Just be aware that if you do get into a fight, size isn't everything. A motorcycle with a rocket launcher can take out a semi truck, just like a small boat can take out a destroyer (USS Cole).

Oh... ok, first of all, you won't get an answer from FD here.
As to what I'd have done - if I were content to fly around in a 500 ton T-9, probably ignored the gnat, set my fighter pilot on him for distraction and jump out.
A build suggestion: https://s.orbis.zone/879E. Even a Cobra with dual Cytoscramblers (which are not available to NPCs) would need 100 seconds to get through the shields.

Doesn't mention anything about shields or hull. And.. yeah, any cobra is gonna fly rings around a T9 laden with 500t of cargo.
If your T9 is only carrying 500t of cargo, you can get that from the two C8 slots, so you should be able to fit a 7A shield and a few boosters and get >500MJ without engineering.

Even with no armour, an unengineered cobra shouldn't be able to take you out before you can wake out. It'd have to be running all-railguns with perfect accuracy to even drop your shields by the time you charged your FSD, especially considering that it can't mass-lock you.

Another suggestion I've seen elsewhere was hull integrity, it could have been the case that the hull of the OP's ship was less than optimal.

How unfortunate, you knew you'd be attacked on the forum but you didn't know Pirate SassBeard would kill you. Some knowledge is some help, no knowledge is no help.
considering he's not come back to the thread to answer any of the people asking about his build, I think it's a case of this

mad.png

Shieldless T-9 and the cmdr doesn't realize that he can just jump to super cruise.

Move along... nothing to see here

Top Bottom