Newcomer / Intro What are you up to?

VERY unusual for me, I've been in the center of the Bubble for a while, doing missions and blasting away in REZ's because I'm bored with mining.
Last night, I received a mission to recover some lost cargo in ShinDez - easy enough. 60t of non-lethal weapons for the local cops. I crafted some Limpets (I usually run empty), found the signal source and let my drones collect the cargo.
BIG SURPRISE....the mission was bugged. The receiving station had no receipt mission; I'd spent an hour of my time for nothing. Numerous reloads and retrying the mission had no effect - it was a flat-out bug.
Abandoning the mission gave no penalties, but STILL. I was a bit peeved.
I've since set out to make life a living Hell for the People's Heveri Values Party. ;)
They seem to be a rambunctious faction - every CZ in this area is them against someone, so I've been having a WHALE of a good time siding against the People's Party (bloody commies!) and whacking their ships in perfectly legal combat. 😁
I've gained 5% towards my Deadly rank (3% to go!) just smacking their ships - this is FUN!
;)

Last edited:
Update to my last: my friends, I have discovered ADRENALINE!
:ROFLMAO:
LOL what a screwed-up but fun battle. I barely made it out of there with my ship in one piece!
Continuing with my current goal - pointing out to the People's Heveri Values Party that I am dissatisfied with their Customer Support - I entered a High-CZ and took position against them.
There was one TEENY issue - my Krait II runs all G5 Overcharged MC's and a certain brain-dead moron forgot to reload after the last battle.
Ewps.
My defensive systems were full; I rarely need to pop SCB's. Well - I needed them this time - what a battle!
It seemed to be all Vultures and a variety of Heavies this time. I roared in on a Vulture with 3% Shield and opened up - it went down fast to my guns. FA/on, reset, retarget, aim for the guy who's shooting at a green blip, FA/off and unload - another Bad Guy down.

Then I get sledgehammered by an Elite Corvette and everything goes pear-shaped. GOD what a fight - the guy was tough. Beams, cannons and frags all pounding me from close range, quick enough to keep his bow on me and accurate enough that my shields were shredding FAST. My Incendiary MC suite wiped out his shields in no time; he popped SCB's and was right back to full in moments - I gulped. This was going to be hard. Out of ammo on the Class 2's - which included my Corrosive shells - 20% ammo on the mains, I could just keep out of his arc of fire with full belly thrusters, he presented a perfect target, even spoofing like crazy with chaff. I simply de-targeted him and hammered the dude with everything I had; he was impossible to miss from 75m. But I didn't have much left - WAY low on ammo. He was down to 12% hull when his Shields came back up, he instantly popped SCB's to bring them to full. My 3 Large MC's blasted, taking the shields down, but it used the REST of my ammo to do it.

Down to just a few rounds, at full shields and still no damage to my hull but almost no ordnance, I got angry and BOOSTED at the dude.
Ever seen what happens when a Krait slams into a Corvette at 540 m/s? ;)
The Corvette staggered, spun around, tried to recover, but I was ready. I slammed into him again, taking out the rest of his shields and most of what remained of his hull. Down to 3%, he drifted, out of control and burning. Ten rounds from the guns reduced him to 0, and I saluted a HELL of an opponent.

That was when Spec Ops showed up.

Oh...bantha-poodoo.

I can't really describe what happened next. A Spec Ops Vulture tore into me, quickly joined by two others. My Shields went bye-bye, I popped SCB after SCB getting them back up. With only enough minerals for THREE reloads, I wound up in a wild dance between these guys, trying to get enough range and lateral movement to reload my Main guns and after perhaps five minutes of desperate flying, I did - one gun at a time, totally defensive. Xeno's Paradox had seven reloads for her MC3's, two more SCB's, no heatsinks and that was IT.
Those Spec Ops Vultures were tough, but no smarter than other NPC's. I goaded them one by one into attacking while I reverski'd, pounding them with heavy fire and ramming when they turned.

It wasn't enough.
By the end, I was OUT of ammo, no SCB's, shields down, one Vulture and another Corvette pouring fire into me while my mates mopped up ten klicks away. Xeno's Paradox retracted guns, boosted like crazy and escaped the battle with 53% hull.
Like. MAN. THAT was a battle.

I'm back in port, making SURE my guns are reloaded, conducting repairs and having a drink. ;) I'd better visit a Mat trader and see to my reload capacity - something I'd forgotten.

Cheers!

Xeno's Paradox.jpg

(Xeno's Paradox down and safe...for now. ;) )

Last edited:
in the scutum Dark area sounds ominous continuing towards Colonia at a steady paste, just run out of limpets.fuel stars are plenty so far.

manage to get some of the mats upped, now back to manual collections.:( good news i haven't hit any stars yet! or found any white stars

Addition info:
Totals102 systems |198 bodies | $34,190,444 | $113,968,0151736 ussing Fss only : Dss will be higher value

Last edited:
in the scutum Dark area sounds ominous continuing towards Colonia at a steady paste, just run out of limpets.fuel stars are plenty so far.

manage to get some of the mats upped, now back to manual collections.:( good news i haven't hit any stars yet! or found any white stars
You know you can synthesise limpets if you have the appropriate materials, don't you? 10x iron and 10x nickel will get you 4 limpets.

If you can gather more rmaterials than you expend synthing them, you basically have infinite limpets. This is obviously possible with surface drive'n'shoot mechanics, but I'm not sure about whether that's practical with mining.

Update to my last: my friends, I have discovered ADRENALINE!
:ROFLMAO:
LOL what a screwed-up but fun battle. I barely made it out of there with my ship in one piece!
Continuing with my current goal - pointing out to the People's Heveri Values Party that I am dissatisfied with their Customer Support - I entered a High-CZ and took position against them.
There was one TEENY issue - my Krait II runs all G5 Overcharged MC's and a certain brain-dead moron forgot to reload after the last battle.
Ewps.
My defensive systems were full; I rarely need to pop SCB's. Well - I needed them this time - what a battle!
It seemed to be all Vultures and a variety of Heavies this time. I roared in on a Vulture with 3% Shield and opened up - it went down fast to my guns. FA/on, reset, retarget, aim for the guy who's shooting at a green blip, FA/off and unload - another Bad Guy down.

Then I get sledgehammered by an Elite Corvette and everything goes pear-shaped. GOD what a fight - the guy was tough. Beams, cannons and frags all pounding me from close range, quick enough to keep his bow on me and accurate enough that my shields were shredding FAST. My Incendiary MC suite wiped out his shields in no time; he popped SCB's and was right back to full in moments - I gulped. This was going to be hard. Out of ammo on the Class 2's - which included my Corrosive shells - 20% ammo on the mains, I could just keep out of his arc of fire with full belly thrusters, he presented a perfect target, even spoofing like crazy with chaff. I simply de-targeted him and hammered the dude with everything I had; he was impossible to miss from 75m. But I didn't have much left - WAY low on ammo. He was down to 12% hull when his Shields came back up, he instantly popped SCB's to bring them to full. My 3 Large MC's blasted, taking the shields down, but it used the REST of my ammo to do it.

Down to just a few rounds, at full shields and still no damage to my hull but almost no ordnance, I got angry and BOOSTED at the dude.
Ever seen what happens when a Krait slams into a Corvette at 540 m/s? ;)
The Corvette staggered, spun around, tried to recover, but I was ready. I slammed into him again, taking out the rest of his shields and most of what remained of his hull. Down to 3%, he drifted, out of control and burning. Ten rounds from the guns reduced him to 0, and I saluted a HELL of an opponent.

That was when Spec Ops showed up.

Oh...bantha-poodoo.

I can't really describe what happened next. A Spec Ops Vulture tore into me, quickly joined by two others. My Shields went bye-bye, I popped SCB after SCB getting them back up. With only enough minerals for THREE reloads, I wound up in a wild dance between these guys, trying to get enough range and lateral movement to reload my Main guns and after perhaps five minutes of desperate flying, I did. Xeno's Paradox had seven reloads for her MC3's, two more SCB's, no heatsinks and that was IT.
Those Spec Ops Vultures were tough, but no smarter than other NPC's. I goaded them one by one into attacking while I reverski'd, pounding them with heavy fire and ramming when they turned.

It wasn't enough.
By the end, I was OUT of ammo, no SCB's, shields down, one Vulture and another Corvette pouring fire into me while my mates mopped up ten klicks away. Xeno's Paradox retracted guns, boosted like crazy and escaped the battle with 53% hull.
Like. MAN. THAT was a battle.

I'm back in port, making SURE my guns are reloaded, conducting repairs and having a drink. ;) I'd better visit a Mat trader and see to my reload capacity - something I'd forgotten.

Cheers!

View attachment 180719
(Xeno's Paradox down and safe...for now. ;) )
That's just skirmish mate, wait till you run away with only 12% hull, and a second cargo hatch you did not know you needed.
You'll be cleaning the inside of the cockpit then...:sick::eek::cry::ROFLMAO:.

That's just skirmish mate, wait till you run away with only 12% hull, and a second cargo hatch you did know you needed.
You'll be cleaning the inside of the cockpit then...:sick::eek::cry::ROFLMAO:.
LOL my record for getting out with not dying is I think 2% in my old Hertz Doughnut - my Python. Xeno is built mainly for thargoid-busting so she's got good hull protection. Still, it was NOT fun getting away from that 'vette's mass lock. ;)

My last report was about my arrival in the NGC 6357 nebula and plans to carry out some biological surface research there for a while. I haven't reported in for a couple of weeks because, frankly, chipping growths off bark mounds doesn't make for riveting news stories.

Bark mounds. I'm so sick of them. I'd give anything just for one batch of luminous space pumpkins, or a brain tree or two, but nooooo there's just more bark mounds. What's worse is they're all so ...beige! It gives me flashbacks to when I first started exploring. Beige everywhere!

But good news everyone! I've been recalled to the bubble. I just received a message from the Canonn chief boffins and they've finally relented approved a new research ship concept I've been pushing for ages, so I'm heading back to oversee the building and outfitting of the prototype. More details when I get back to Varati.

You know you can synthesise limpets if you have the appropriate materials, don't you? 10x iron and 10x nickel will get you 4 limpets.

If you can gather more rmaterials than you expend synthing them, you basically have infinite limpets. This is obviously possible with surface drive'n'shoot mechanics, but I'm not sure about whether that's practical with mining.
looking for iron and nickel to buy. has i no weapons python too. :) should of left a mining laser on just in case I needed one :) found plenty of landing planets but no stations yet!...probably have to wait for Colonia ENTRY.....

looking for iron and nickel to buy. has i no weapons python too. :) should of left a mining laser on just in case I needed one :) found plenty of landing planets but no stations yet!...probably have to wait for Colonia ENTRY.....
Unfortunately, you cannot buy materials (like iron and nickel), you gotta mine them or prospect them from planet surfaces. The good news is that those two materials are very common and should be easy to find.

Just started The (Not Michael) Palin Trek in my Krait II - pointed far into the dark, and now wondering if I’ve actually taken the right ship for the trip... it’s Engineered a bit, and gets about 34 LY with the load out/limpets I’ve got onboard, about 39 LY unladen. Even then, it’s showing 177 jumps total, and I’m terrified I’ll be one of those “Got 4.5k LY in, then hit stars I couldn’t reach” statistics...

Just started The (Not Michael) Palin Trek in my Krait II - pointed far into the dark, and now wondering if I’ve actually taken the right ship for the trip... it’s Engineered a bit, and gets about 34 LY with the load out/limpets I’ve got onboard, about 39 LY unladen. Even then, it’s showing 177 jumps total, and I’m terrified I’ll be one of those “Got 4.5k LY in, then hit stars I couldn’t reach” statistics...
If "it" is the route plotter, then you're safe. Pretty much - you told it to route via KGBFOAM stars only, didn't you?

It'd be FAR worse if you fell into the "Got to Arque and didn't have the mats" statistics. ;)

Er...you DO have all the mats, right?
(Lol just checkin'.)

It'd be FAR worse if you fell into the "Got to Arque and didn't have the mats" statistics. ;)

Er...you DO have all the mats, right?
(Lol just checkin'.)

Eek! Do I need mats for a long space hike?! I do have SRVs...
Edit - just got it... I’m merely thinking about unlocking at the minute..! Still need to research where sensor fragments come from!

If "it" is the route plotter, then you're safe. Pretty much - you told it to route via KGBFOAM stars only, didn't you?

I have got a prefilter on for scoopables too

Last edited:
Top Bottom