ANNOUNCEMENT Community Update July 2020

Can't we already see other cmdr's holo-mes in open already?
I distinctly remember being able to see someone else's holo-me in the srv back we was crowding around "that" one barnacle way back when, waiting for a 'goid to show up. Didn't have to go to external view or anything. We saw each other face-to-face in our own buggy seats.
Yes, we can. I did the Guardian module run with a friend some time back, 'He' was driving his SRV not just a blob..

This game has been made specifically for VR, that's why it is good in VR. ED wasn't made specifically for VR. It's just an optional thing. I'm not sure, but I think that no more then 1/4 of the player base is actually using VR.
I think more like 15%, even 10%

I can hardly imagine that out of 3 million copies sold (approximately), there are 300,000 people who have invested in VR.

🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 😷

This game has been made specifically for VR, that's why it is good in VR. ED wasn't made specifically for VR. It's just an optional thing. I'm not sure, but I think that no more then 1/4 of the player base is actually using VR.
No more than 1/4 of the player base uses HOTAS, so support for that should be removed as well. Seriously, playing an FPS with a HOTAS? Nuts! Frontier needs to stop faffing around with the HOTAS and focus their support on controllers like the DS4 instead.

And I'm not even joking :p

Funny how FD ignoring a small fraction of their player base is "giving the finger", while Valve can ignore the majority of players with HL:Alyx and it's totally ok, because "bright future". ;)
Valve could buy Frontier with the loose change down the side of Gabe's sofa... Their 'investment' into developing the Index and Alyx would hardly put a dent into their finances, the success of both Index & Alyx could even mean a profit will be made :)

The decision to not include VR 'at launch' in ED: O I'd imagine was made far enough in the past to 'excuse' it as VR was only very slowly growing - who knows? In light of how VR is being adopted today, such a decision - from a developer that had emphasised VR support for the base game - may be being questioned...

If you start Oddysey in the Launcher no VR ist working. You have to switch between Horizons(VR) and Oddysey(non VR). Makes no sense but this is FDEV.
Where to know that from ??? Are Alpha tester or saw the new launcher ?
Not at all,you just asume that. Thats a ridiculous claim.

So I Claim there will be a new launcher with check boxes where you can choose
Elite
Horizons
Odyssey

You're Headsets will work just as normal in Ship or Srv,if you stand up in game you have the option to switch youre device in Cinema mode or use you're main Display or both,via checkbox in the options.
and I know that from my imagination. Just as you and all the other VR salt Miner !!!
So stay calm and see what will happen you still can complain if it really happens what you imagine.

Over the coming months we have some really exciting news and content to share with you. We will be kicking things off in August with a fantastic Developers Diary, which will show you some behind the scenes development of Elite Dangerous: Odyssey.

Hope there is some info about the future of VR.
I don't care about anything else as if there is no future (for VR players) then I'm not playing this game anymore.

Where to know that from ??? Are Alpha tester or saw the new launcher ?
Not at all,you just asume that. Thats a ridiculous claim.
It was from fdev employe (CM). I won't look for a quote for you given your attitude, go do your homework on the Odyssey announcement thread, it's not that hard. Hint: Odyssey will not be VR compatible "at launch".

It was from fdev employe (CM). I won't look for a quote for you given your attitude, go do your homework on the Odyssey announcement thread, it's not that hard. Hint: Odyssey will not be VR compatible "at launch".
The quote is here. And you read it wrong, of course. The launcher isn't even mentioned. Why do you guys always go for maximum drama? Think it will help your cause? :rolleyes:

The quote is here. And you read it wrong, of course. The launcher isn't even mentioned. Why do you guys always go for maximum drama? Think it will help your cause? :rolleyes:
This quote?

Currently, Elite Dangerous: Odyssey will not be VR-compatible at launch.

That sounds like what VR StarLightPL said. They will almost certainly do that from the point where you launch. Now, that's not to say they don't change that position and intent between this all kicking off in June and the release, but currently Odyssey won't be compatible with VR at launch.

Launch and LauncheER are two diffent things.
My Point was there is no reason to think that you can just launch the Game with or without VR.
Its dont have to be like now where you can Launch with or without Horizons.

My Point is if you got Odysee but no Horizons what you launch then ? ^^ So they have to rework the way this Game starts.

Star Light claim the launcher will be this way cause he said so

Last edited:
Launch and LauncheER are two diffent things.
My Point was there is no reason to think that you can just launch the Game with or without VR.
Its dont have to be like now where you can Launch with or without Horizons.

My Point is if you got Odysee but no Horizons what you launch then ? ^^ So they have to rework the way this Game starts.

Star Light claim the launcher will be this way cause he said so
Okay, we don't know, that is absolutely true.

The only info we have is :
Currently, Elite Dangerous: Odyssey will not be VR-compatible at launch.

And that implies when you launch, VR won't work.

The only info we have is : "Currently, Elite Dangerous: Odyssey will not be VR-compatible at launch..."
And to Launch Base ED or Horizons how do we select which version to use... Oh yes, from the Launcher...

So our friend doesn't believe that the next update will have its own entry on the launcher, you know - as the base and Horizons do - because?

I am looking forward to those updates. Space legs are really not my wish to this game, but at least its something that can be relevant for me with some added content. What I always missed is a proper economy and means to exist, but I see that won't change in the near future, so let's get space legs and see where that takes us.

Shouldn't they finish the Fleet Carriers first before moving on to other things?
Like being able to order the highly paid carrier crew to take Tritium from the carrier cargo and move it to the Tritium depot without me having to fly out and do it myself. I still can't get my head around that I've got to transfer fuel from the carrier to my ship, then immediately back to the carrier again. What were they thinking.

Top Bottom