Newcomer / Intro What are you up to?

I named my Mamba "OverCompensator" for obvious reasons.

But I wasn't flying it today. Today was rusty old pain in the Painite day. With extra rustiness.

Screenshot_0611.jpg

I'm getting rusty. Or was it dusty? Maybe both. :p

Ah well, looks like the fourth patch to address the mining issues has been delayed until Monday.

I did go and shoot some stuff in my Cutter - makes short work of most stuff - but I'm in a more benign mood today.

So, I'm dragging Incontinentia Buttocks (my new AspX's name with her stygian green livery) out for a jaunt to Dav's and HGE gathering to recoup what I ploughed into the Mamba. I don't why, but Dav;s has an appeal that keeps drawing me back.

On a side note... when I'm planetside, my GPU fans really spin up. Is that normal? I'm sure there's not that much graphic stress...

Last edited:

On a side note... when I'm planetside, my GPU fans really spin up. Is that normal? I'm sure there's not that much graphic stress...

check your CPU and GPU load (TaskManager for basic stats, HWInfo or similar for deeper info). But since every surface rock has to be modelled (including shadows and occlusion, if you set it up), all those small pebbles add up.

Maybe it's because they're not usually spinning much at all and they wake up a little when I'm on a planet. It's about tha same noise as a gentle desk fan so not exactly deafening! :D

Beware Deciat, trapped by 'orange sidewinder' when trying to get back to super cruise.
I think every one brought there ships by FC for engineering at FarSeerer, so many FC'c here...
And I can't even sell them any tritium, have a full load going cheap..:)

Maybe it's because they're not usually spinning much at all and they wake up a little when I'm on a planet. It's about tha same noise as a gentle desk fan so not exactly deafening! :D
I noticed around some engineers the terrain had more details than I remembered . Farseerer has lot of deep canyons.
I thought it may be because of the new GPU(RTX2080) things are looking more detailed.
But, I am also thinking the some Odyssey detailing may be loading/laying at some locations??

I noticed around some engineers the terrain had more details than I remembered . Farseerer has lot of deep canyons.
I thought it may be because of the new GPU(RTX2080) things are looking more detailed.
But, I am also thinking the some Odyssey detailing may be loading/laying at some locations??
Terrain geometry is generally more complex on better quality settings (There is a specific slider for that, forgot what it's called - Terrain Works?)
Or maybe it's just that you finally went there during the daytime, which happens once in a lifetime.

Well, I got around to my longer weekend in the vincinity of the bubble (1000 ly off) and found a new system, with a terraforming candidate.

When I came back I realise that those millions I made makes no difference when it comes to what ships I use, so I went to grind som Federation rep for a Sol permit.

Then I decided to buy Horizonsand try out the SRV.

Guess it climbs reasonably well on a low gravity planet:
20200729232218_1.jpg

Yes, that is the correct abgle for the horizon, the peak was 1500 meters high, but I did not get all the way up the 60 degree incline.

I'm at 4.8bn Credits. Back out on another trek. No plans. I hate plans now.

I was looking at the value of my Dolphin, it is 17,844,339cr. That ship has earned me around 3bn. One of the best investment ever. After the Python.

I know it has 2 small hard points but I'm wondering if I could make a Dolphin combat build. The thing never overheats, so that would help. The weapon they call 'Rails', will they shred shields and hull? Do they come in small?

I'm enjoying the life of a space wanderer. I moved my carrier a couple systems over, and it's orbiting near the rings of this big, blue gas giant. It's a lovely commute.

I hope that FD gets done tweaking things with this next patch on Monday. At least then I'll know for sure what the fuel situation for the carrier will be. Until then, I'm not moving much :)

Good thing I'm in a nice place.

Screenshot_0615.jpg

Top Bottom