Patch Notes Fleet Carriers Update - Patch 4 Patch Notes

Carrier owners who don't want to mine will need to develop other strategies to deal with the inescapable fact that there are no Rocket Tea Filling Stations floating around in the black, or at least not many. One change that could be made (though given FDev's recent track record I hesitate to advocate any significant changes) is to allow Supply limits to be set on commodities Cmdrs trade from carriers, so we can offer help to those running on fumes without having to put our entire stock of tritium up for sale. That was my original plan, but Frontier has made it too risky.

I am not fan of mining but I may enjoy it in small doses (I loved lasermining tritium in beta1 when traveling to colonia).
I would find it quit acceptable if :
  • Medium yield when laser mining (for guys like me)
  • Large yield when SSD or Core mining
  • Huge yield when combining the 3 mining techniques.

This certainly would motivate me to get from laser to SSD or Core at some point, but at least I would have a choice to do it, at my own pace.

And now Fdev will see this and nerf it like everything else :-(

Yes.
They definitely have to dig through all this thrash and yelling here, to find out about this.

Not like ED is sending our logs constantly, and FD can analyze them automatically, to find players who's credits are raising exceptionaly fast, and check what activities were logged before that.

Not at all.

I am not fan of mining but I may enjoy it in small doses (I loved lasermining tritium in beta1 when traveling to colonia).
I would find it quit acceptable if :
  • Medium yield when laser mining (for guys like me)
  • Large yield when SSD or Core mining
  • Huge yield when combining the 3 mining techniques.

This certainly would motivate me to get from laser to SSD or Core at some point, but at least I would have a choice to do it, at my own pace.

I can swear I wrote something like that a few days ago.
But I don't feel like digging through this thread to find this.
Experiencing it once it traumatizing enough, no need for replays. ;)

Yes.
They definitely have to dig through all this thrash and yelling here, to find out about this.

Not like ED is sending our logs constantly, and FD can analyze them automatically, to find players who's credits are raising exceptionaly fast, and check what activities were logged before that.

Not at all.

My reply to you wasn't a dig to you...it was a dig to them :ROFLMAO::LOL:

I may have missed it, and if it is the case, then we both agree on that point.

EDIT: Confirmed, I missed it, and I completely agree with your post on that.

Last edited:

BTW - I wonder if fast rotating asteroids (an annoyance when SSD mining) give more fragments per charge / can stand more charges before depleting).

I am not sure about the first variable, but there is very large span of diversity in second one.

There are deposits that disappear after 3 charges and there are some that allow you to mine to the point where there are no more blue fields on minigame strip.

I wasn't looking for a pattern there yet.

In my experience rotation does not seem to matter. Just the other day I had a "dream rock" with 3 tritium SSD veins, rotated at about 1 rev per week ;) i.e., essentially stationary. One of the veins was very weak, only three blue bars worth then poof, it was gone. The other two proved much stronger, lasting until the very last two bars, and thus quite productive. There was also some intrinsic Rocket Tea @ 15% or so. Good rock, that one.

My probably best SSD/Core combo.
AND I HAD NO SESMIC LAUNCHER.
I was mining Tri there.

After this I unequipped lasers from my Krait and equipped reserve SSL and SeismicL instead.

1596308940595.png

1596309045973.png

This is how my Tri/LTD overlaps testing began.
This overlap was probably the best I mined in. I think I will go back there to "close the loop" ;)

Last edited:
The irony: AFAIR I probably wrote it hoping to make some already angry at me folk truly mad.
(Classic trick when facing verbal aggression online - to incite the other side to the point where they lose their s**t and leave or write progressively dumber things because of emotional overload)

But even with cool head I still like this idea.

It's... just.

I have never been angry at you, In was just somehow annoyed to read you pushing for a solution that may not be acceptable for everyone.
Actually your solution (SSD only tritium mining in non-tritium hotspots) is a GOOD one, as long as you acknowledge that this bug is acceptable, which I don't :)

EDIT: By bug I mean tritium mining in non-tritium hotspots, if FDEV say that SSD only tritium mining is not a bug, then, fine by me, I'll buy it.

Last edited:
(...) as long as you acknowledge that this bug is acceptable, which I don't.
It wasn't about you.
I have no problem with people having other opinions - but if someone begins discussion with an aggressive rant...
I see no problem to allow myself some "shadenfreude" by toying with them.

And I don't think this bug is "acceptable".

It was more "I am doing fine, bug is not really bothering me".
Probably after some other bizarre-aggressive reaction to SSD solution.

People were ignoring the "emergency" part when I wrote about SSD mining as an emergency solution allowing to mine more Tri then with lasers.

Doesn't matter now, I hope it's melody of the past.

SSD mining on rotating rocks is more fun in a small boat (CMK4 is my favorite), but is absolutely feasible even in a Cutter. Rotating rocks are mainly a limpet killer, but in a boat with a large cargo hold and enough limpets this is largely negligible.

It certainly helps if you are used to flying in FA Off. However, I have already seen a video of one of you doing it with Assist ON (iirc in a Krait MkII), so it works too. But after flying in FA Off for so long now, I've completely unlearnt this ability and can't even imagine how it works. 🥴

It was me.
And it was only partially with FA ON.
I use a lot of vertical thrusters under POV cross under thumb on hotas.
And I did some PC magic - when I use verticals, my FA goes OFF as long as I keep thruster working.

(optional, I have mutliple profiles on Joy2key app)

And turns back on when I release thruster button.
This effectively allows to have FA-OFF vertical agility AND FA-ON stability ;)

PS: oh, in combat I do the opposite - I fly FA off, and have some button allowing me to turn FA-ON for a moment, when I have problems aiming precisely (usually long range weapons on agile, "jittery" ship.

Last edited:
Now, when
peasants
seem to avoid this thread, I think I can safely admit, that I paradoxically really liked those 3 weeks of "broken" game.

I like when things go "hard way" FOR SOME TIME, and environment is full of surprises, solutions that seem to have no sense turn out to be better then doing things "by the book".

But I absolutely want it to be temporary.

When things go back to "normal", everything seems to be so easy.

And I am not referring to ED only, I recommend this attitude IRL.
Treat problems that you have to solve as a "training ground" allowing you to gain new skills or boost them. Or test your limits.

As long as there are no fatal and permanent consequences of failure, it is only a lesson to learn too.

PS. I recommend Paypal for sending me $ for Life Coaching sessions.

PS. to mods - it's a joke, no need to remove this ;)

Cheers guys, I just came here for the popcorn.

Now I’m really, REALLY, fat!

You're welcome.

I am not suggesting anything, but in the big picture I think that we deserve a fat reward from FD (ARX will do).
We effectively redirected most of anger of all people who joined the thread to complain and yell about FD incompetence to ourselves.
In the end those poor, struggling souls have forgotten who were they mad at first, they were leaving with US imprinted as the last target of their hate.
;)

Now, when
peasants
seem to avoid this thread, I think I can safely admit, that I paradoxically really liked those 3 weeks of "broken" game.

I like when things go "hard way" FOR SOME TIME, and environment is full of surprises, solutions that seem to have no sense turn out to be better then doing things "by the book".

But I absolutely want it to be temporary.

When things go back to "normal", everything seems to be so easy.

And I am not referring to ED only, I recommend this attitude IRL.
Treat problems that you have to solve as a "training ground" allowing you to gain new skills or boost them. Or test your limits.

As long as there are no fatal and permanent consequences of failure, it is only a lesson to learn too.

PS. I recommend Paypal for sending me $ for Life Coaching sessions.

PS. to mods - it's a joke, no need to remove this ;)

I thought you'd unsubscribed to this thread :D

I thought you'd unsubscribed to this thread :D

Lesson for next round patch:

- some of my content is absolutely serious (when I try to help people with "how-to" details) or general content that refers to game.

- rest is just "keeping the role" that is actually written by feedback to my primary intention.
Not serious, in other words. Just toying.

(...). Just to remind the devs: the missing percentages.

If it's 0, why bother with displaying?

LTD fragment with 0% LTD.

Logical.

EDIT:
It was meant to be absurd, but WHAT IF instead of dividing they were nerfing by subtraction, wherever a reference to LTD% content was found in code?
I guess you are lucky there were no negative% content fragments, that suck LTDs from your cargo ;)

Last edited:
Top Bottom