You know you’ve lost your player base when.....

I certainly don't think it's the end of the world that ED-centric content creators are playing other games, but this is the second week I've seen a SC mining video from those I consider among the top 3 ED content creators. I'm glad they can enjoy other things considered vomit-inducing by this base while FDev scrambles to get a grasp on mechanics that should've been stable by year 3, but is still a problem heading into year 7.
Damn, those content creators are behind the times. Mining was added to the early-alpha over a year ago; since then asteroid and surface mining have become quite broken, while prison mining is a lottery of working functionality. Head over to the SC thread if you want to discuss its brokenness with resident miner @Mole HD

Last edited:
If you or I stop buying paints it matters nothing. It's good to be aware of that.
Cosmetics sales matter enough to Frontier for them to have broken the game last year in an attempt to suck more money out of us through the introduction of Arx. :)

Yes, in terms of revenue cosmetics matter much less than game sales. But games cost serious money to develop. Cosmetics? Who do you think designs them? The Lead Designer or some junior whose salary comes to something less than the office cat costs in catfood?

Cosmetics may not be pure profit, but they're not far off, which is why games companies think they matter even if you don't.

Ah yes, MS Flight Simulator.

Lovely game, mastered crashing into my home town in a variety of ways. Sadly, there is no casualty counter.

What has OA got left to do? As far as I know he's in the middle of nowhere and watching exploration is almost as boring as doing exploration.

Ah....I didn’t realize the patch got “reprioritized”. Silly me thought something was going to get delivered on time.

I’m still running the version from last December.

You didn't realise...so you came blundering in, looked a , then failed again with the save lol

And how are you managing that on a p2p, where everyone has to run the same version?

Cosmetics sales matter enough to Frontier for them to have broken the game last year in an attempt to suck more money out of us through the introduction of Arx. :)

Yes, in terms of revenue cosmetics matter much less than game sales. But games cost serious money to develop. Cosmetics? Who do you think designs them? The Lead Designer or some junior whose salary comes to something less than the office cat costs in catfood?

Cosmetics may not be pure profit, but they're not far off, which is why games companies think they matter even if you don't.

You are not hearing what I say. I am not saying cosmetic sales aren't important to FD. I am saying your cosmetic purchases don't matter much to FD.

Imagine complaining about the addition of cosmetic currency earnable through playing the game :LOL:
Indeed! I don't know how I'd survive without my 20p's worth of free ARX every week (which I do genuinely appreciate, especially now as I'm on an ARX purchase strike, irrespective of whether I buy FS 2020, until we get some clear positive news over the future of VR).

Anyway, I wasn't complaining about ARX, simply citing them as evidence that cosmetic sales really matter to Frontier.

Incidentally, if you genuinely believe that Frontier introduced ARX just so they could give us free stuff, then I own a valuable transpontine property on the East River in New York that you may be interested in purchasing.:)

Incidentally, if you genuinely believe that Frontier introduced ARX just so they could give us free stuff, then I own a valuable transpontine property on the East River in New York that you may be interested in purchasing.:)
For PS4 and Xbox CMDRs, the introduction of ARX to replace Frontier Points did exactly one thing: give them free stuff :cool:

Oh sorry forgot you're still rocking the 15inch black and white Grundig. Still better to be paying a 40 quid telly tax license than a colour one.

So many silly comments to make my daft and pointless comment to within a daft and pointless thread....but digging up up Grundig. By Gad man that’s good work.

Unfortunately middle age means I waste less and less time during the week pratting about on this forum due to general whining and credit/mining demanding whinnying but on a Friday night after a good meal out and several drinks I like to stop by for the daftness. I‘m slightly drunk and am making it rain with the rep......and that’s a gross thought that I’m happy to leave you all with as I rage quit the game and forums until next Friday.

Carry on all.

(y)

Top Bottom