You know you’ve lost your player base when.....

I certainly don't think it's the end of the world that ED-centric content creators are playing other games, but this is the second week I've seen a SC mining video from those I consider among the top 3 ED content creators. I'm glad they can enjoy other things considered vomit-inducing by this base while FDev scrambles to get a grasp on mechanics that should've been stable by year 3, but is still a problem heading into year 7.

Most of the "IMMA QUIT AND NEVER COME BACK!" folks do too. People who truly quit just leave. Think about how many games you once played but no longer do. On how many forums for these games do you still post? Right. :)
Oh myself, I like to go through every game on my Steam list and complain at each developer...Sid Meier has FAILED to provide me with updates to Railway Tycoon for about twenty flippin' years and I bought that on the Amiga.. no updates, no new content, nothing..,no VR support...so naturally I wrote him an open letter and quit. He only cares about civ now.

Also.. as I posted on the Civ forum.. you know they've lost the player base because people are making videos about FSX which is 100% proof civ is doomed

That's because you still think you are the target audience. You are not. Any cent you give them is a bonus. Nothing more, nothing less. If you or I stop buying paints it matters nothing. It's good to be aware of that.
Presumably the new paint jobs each week are just to keep the artists skills up to scratch.

I certainly don't think it's the end of the world that ED-centric content creators are playing other games, but this is the second week I've seen a SC mining video from those I consider among the top 3 ED content creators. I'm glad they can enjoy other things considered vomit-inducing by this base while FDev scrambles to get a grasp on mechanics that should've been stable by year 3, but is still a problem heading into year 7.
Damn, those content creators are behind the times. Mining was added to the early-alpha over a year ago; since then asteroid and surface mining have become quite broken, while prison mining is a lottery of working functionality. Head over to the SC thread if you want to discuss its brokenness with resident miner @Mole HD

Last edited:
If you or I stop buying paints it matters nothing. It's good to be aware of that.
Cosmetics sales matter enough to Frontier for them to have broken the game last year in an attempt to suck more money out of us through the introduction of Arx. :)

Yes, in terms of revenue cosmetics matter much less than game sales. But games cost serious money to develop. Cosmetics? Who do you think designs them? The Lead Designer or some junior whose salary comes to something less than the office cat costs in catfood?

Cosmetics may not be pure profit, but they're not far off, which is why games companies think they matter even if you don't.

Ah yes, MS Flight Simulator.

Lovely game, mastered crashing into my home town in a variety of ways. Sadly, there is no casualty counter.

What has OA got left to do? As far as I know he's in the middle of nowhere and watching exploration is almost as boring as doing exploration.

Ah....I didn’t realize the patch got “reprioritized”. Silly me thought something was going to get delivered on time.

I’m still running the version from last December.
You didn't realise...so you came blundering in, looked a , then failed again with the save lol

And how are you managing that on a p2p, where everyone has to run the same version?

Top Bottom