Game Discussions Star Citizen Discussion Thread v12

Credit to Q&W and of course to CR

mbxfEvq.png

Keep it in mind next time someone says "Well, development really only started in 2016" or "They had to build a company first!"

The big fromage said the 2012 cinematic trailer was actually an extensive demo of actual gameplay they had developed in 2012.

I think the phrase "Liar, liar, pants on fire" is appropriate here.

And it was that video, showing the genuine Robbers himself manipulating a controller, the ship on his desktop reacting to those "inputs," that convinced me that the game would be ready in 2014. An incompetent might fail at estimating a delivery date. The heir to the Kingdom of Incompetency might mistake a machinima video for a game demo. Only a conman can convince someone else to make that video for them, and then give them a game development license for free.

You left out the part where that card has been moved from 3.11 to 3.12 :)
I would assume the locomotion thing might have to do with cargo decks or refinery decks.

Does it seem asinine to anyone else the roadmap items are called cards so they can be referred as such to make then seem more real? 😑

Ooof. Right in the carebear!

I don't know my dear Agony.

Running around Aberdeen in a titanic carebear outfit with a multiple black pudding launcher and glugging a bottle of Buckfast sounds like a core component of the BDSSE. They should have a roadmap for this.

Reminds me of my student days.

I kinda disagree with FTR about the flight model, but that's not the first time - he seemed content with the "6DoF quake" model, which i never found any kind of interesting, and mostly, killed any interest in gameplay that was not 1v1 dogfights. I'm ok with the change in that regard, everything in this game should be slowed down a lot from the frantic rate it's going at if they want any chance to start implementing all of their other gameplay elements such as ship crews doing onboard repairs, going to escape pods, using turrets, etc. Again, pewpew addicts may not be seeing the whole picture in focus here.
As for atmo flight model implementation: i've not tested it but hearing from FTR, it seems it's a joke, did they really just slow down ships and that's it, in which case it's not even close to an atmo flight model (in any case winged ships should turn tighter and pull better G's compared to space), i'll have a run in a winged ship and a flying brick to compare...

It just seemed like another layer of obfustication to me. I didn't know road map cards were a common term. I guess there's plenty to collect.

It's typical in agile/scrum at least. Every item/feature/functionality is a 'card', like you're even encouraged to have it physically written on a paper like a post-it note, and then you spend time sorting them, organising them, moving them into the various completion boxes, and deciding which set of cards will be done next. There's a lot more behind, but that's the cards part. They have a physical presence which work as a reminder and a constant awareness of the projects status/progress.

Of course, if this was agile/scrum, they'd have cards for everything, and they'd have a board (possibly a physical one, and certainly a digital one) they could show you with all these cards and their completion status. This is critical as it allows everyone on the team to know how things go. So my guess is that one of their smaller teams uses the methodology internally for their parts, and the term caught with some higher ups. It does seems fitting for a CR project to only lift the shallowest bits of other works after all.

Top Bottom