Game Discussions Star Citizen Discussion Thread v12

The latest list for the US group comes to 9 companies:

83E8Knu_d.jpg

unknown.png

The UK seems to have 5? (IE Cloud Imperium UK Ltd + these 4 subsidiaries)

j51Zas9_d.jpg

Germany seems to have 1 currently?:

Roberts Space Industries Germany GMBH

Although you can throw Ortwin’s TwinBros companies into the mix in both the US & Germany seemingly, as they’ve supposedly handled sales & refunds.

The Cayman Islands companies were all for the Calders share purchase, not CIG’s, iirc.

Here’s DS’s old list from 2016 for a historical backdrop. And the fan wiki isn’t bad

I’ve probably got some of that wrong, because it’s a bit confusing.

And also absolutely and completely normal...
A right old paper trail isn't it? If I was a person with a bit of cash to spare, and asked Ortwin Freyermuth what would be the best way to invest it. I bet "Buy an Idris" would be pretty low on the list. :LOL:

Last edited:
Most transparent dev ever as long as you ignore all the stuff they are not transparent about....

When Star Marine was meant to arrive in 2015 but didn't, where was the transparency?
When patch 3.0 was meant to arrive in December 2016 but didn't, where was the transparency?
When Squadron 42 was meant to arrive in 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2020 but didn't, where was the transparency?

It is absolutely absurd to call them the most transparent devs.
What year was it when a guy from CIG said he had played through every SQ42 missions?

Ee0S_haWAAUl-HO

What year was it when a guy from CIG said he had played through every SQ42 missions?

Ee0S_haWAAUl-HO

2017 IIRC.

But that's ok according to some people, because they spent those first 5 years developing the tech and then did a reset.

What? You are asking about how they promised to backers they would deliver the game in 2014? No no, backers knew the risks when backing a kickstarter. Its perfectly fine for CIG to throw everything out after 5 years and start over again without delivering on their promises. After all, CIG are now working on something even bigger and better! If you don't believe that then you are just a hater FUDster.

Rust's completely transparent Trello roadmap and devblogs are an obvious example
That doesn't count, they don't even have roadmap for the roadmap...

Remember that things "delivered" but that do not work, or do not work reliably enough, are in fact not really delivered.
Exactly, and it should not be forgotten. And faithful know perfectly this as as soon as their defense line "look they delivered, and it's better than any AAA ever" is broken they switch to "it's alpha!", hence why I'm fed up with their hypocrisy and delusion.

It will be Freelancer all over again. Roberts will be set adrift and some semblance of a game will be made. It won't be anything like "The Vision" but the faithful will raise their hands high and proclaim it was just what they always wanted.

If that happens - and Genuine Roberts gets kicked out of his pet project yet again - there won't be a big enough lulzbucket in the entire 'Verse to contain all the lulz.

Top Bottom