Newcomer / Intro What are you up to?

Don't know about that @KnezBP however I did just sign out after a couple of hours running delivery and courier runs. Still haven't fond a 'home system', but I'm learning more of the galactic market. So that's always a plus. Now if I could just locate someplace that isn't an Industrial economy :)

Don't know about that @KnezBP however I did just sign out after a couple of hours running delivery and courier runs. Still haven't fond a 'home system', but I'm learning more of the galactic market. So that's always a plus. Now if I could just locate someplace that isn't an Industrial economy :)
You know that you can filter in the GalMap for the various economies (among other things)?

I wouldn't worry too much about the economy. Just find a faction whose name kinda clicks with you and build up your reputation with them.

You don't need to have been there for the economies to show up on the map, if you mean that. But yes, you will need to visit them if you want to find out what the different economies have to offer.
Also, missions will be dependent on the system state - and a system can have multiple economies in different stations and ground bases, the map only shows one of them.

Although preferably make sure they're alligned to a major faction. Probably the Feds since you just left the kiddy pool.

I don't know how it works but I think working with non-alligned factions hurts your rep with the alligned factions.

Also, start collecting materials as part of your reward after you have enough money for the cheap ship you want.

Actually, my missions seem to have taken me into Imperial space for now. Since ideally the bulk of my business will be "independent trader", I'm trying to find out about as many markets as I can, what they sell, what they buy, and so forth. So far I've only come across industrial econemy stations and docks, so they all sell/buy roughly the same thing. Meaning I can't really form a trade route yet since none of my known ports of call will buy anything I may be transporting.

Is anyone else from the UK experiencing an oppressive level of heat when you walk into a room with a non-curtained/non-blinded window?

^ this

Mrs Tyres is feeling ill from it and the room with the PC in it is... well, I'm not going in there and that's annoying as I was doing quite well in a painite spot.

I'm down on the UK map where the weather forecasters say "scorching! Eth eth eth! Scorchio!"

Actually, my missions seem to have taken me into Imperial space for now. Since ideally the bulk of my business will be "independent trader", I'm trying to find out about as many markets as I can, what they sell, what they buy, and so forth. So far I've only come across industrial econemy stations and docks, so they all sell/buy roughly the same thing. Meaning I can't really form a trade route yet since none of my known ports of call will buy anything I may be transporting.
Ideal trade cycle of 3 to 5 legs:

Extraction (or Industrial) -> Hightech -> Refinery -> Industrial -> Agriculture -> Extraction

You will have to scout the markets first to see what exactly are they needing at the moment, of course.

Last edited:
^ this

Mrs Tyres is feeling ill from it and the room with the PC in it is... well, I'm not going in there and that's annoying as I was doing quite well in a painite spot.

I'm down on the UK map where the weather forecasters say "scorching! Eth eth eth! Scorchio!"
Time to invest in some air conditioning, perhaps?
Small portable ones are quite affordable (although they're the equivalent of leaving your kettle permanently on, so they consume their worth in electricity every year). You can buy a window accessory to vent the hot air, so you don't have to drill holes into your walls and they are altogether a good investment, I'd say. Considering we can expect more summers like this in the future...

@Chris Simon, I love your sig! That said, did you see the latest Auto-Corrupt implementation in Outlook? They now think auto-corrupt can accurately guess what you are trying to write for 1 to 5 sentences based on 3 to 4 LETTERS. As an example, I was writing an email to my mom. This was the results of Auto-Corrupt:

I type "Hey M"
Auto-corrupt decides this means I wanted to type "Hey Mike, how's it hanging? Did you powder your balls today?"

It then promptly automatically fills this in because I make the mistake of not hitting Delete.

What I was actually typing: "Hey mom! I checked with Black Hills Energy. Good news is that this month I owe them $4 and some change due to the remaining credit I had."

^ this

Thoughts and prayers to Mrs Tyres. It feels like walking into an oven, seriously.

I despise winter though so I should suck it up and stop complaining.

Oh yeah, I'm up here in Liverpool, which I think I've probably said before. I've been down south for work though. No comment.

I'm note sure what it is about Americans and allergies but I've heard literally one UK person complaining about them.

Don't know but I'm alergic to ragweed, pollen, dust mites, and mold. Also cat fur, but I don't have a cat. This basically means I'm alergic to spring, summer, winter, and fall since there's an alergin any time of year. Most of the time it's not too bad, but still there.

Don't know but I'm alergic to ragweed, pollen, dust mites, and mold. Also cat fur, but I don't have a cat. This basically means I'm alergic to spring, summer, winter, and fall since there's an alergin any time of year. Most of the time it's not too bad, but still there.
I'm technichally allergic to cats according to the little asthma jabs they give you but I had one for nearly ten years before he ran off and went to live with someone else.

Top Bottom