Update 1.3.3 Out Now!

Will there be any updates that give us some new barriers because I’d like to improve my zoo with some new Barriers for my hooved animals like Zebras I’d like a wooden fence for them the Camels and my Dall Sheep

Yep. Happens here as well every single time.
Every time i hope my crash report gets noticed.

Hmm.. Heard this problem with other games as well.

Could be a bios/memory setting. This game requires a bit more CPU power than other games, so PZ would trigger that.
How old is your pc? and how old is the power supply unit?
Especially since it seems to be solved after a reboot. No other issues ? (like a wrong time when you start the pc?)

I really hope someone with more computer skills can help you with this. I can copy/paste a comment from google but I don't want to be responsible for giving bad "fixes", because that's a part i'm not familiar with. I would advice looking into this - but could easily be a PZ bug/problem as well..

• Like (+1)
Reactions: LN
Hmm.. Heard this problem with other games as well.

Could be a bios/memory setting. This game requires a bit more CPU power than other games, so PZ would trigger that.
How old is your pc? and how old is the power supply unit?
Especially since it seems to be solved after a reboot. No other issues ? (like a wrong time when you start the pc?)

I really hope someone with more computer skills can help you with this. I can copy/paste a comment from google but I don't want to be responsible for giving bad "fixes", because that's a part i'm not familiar with. I would advice looking into this - but could easily be a PZ bug/problem as well..

I5-6500. Gtx1050ti. Gaming motherboard. All new components 2 to 3 years old. Power suppply as well. Never had an game give any issues.

This is also with Planet coaster the only games i play from my ssd.

Besides that the game runs great. No long loading times and for my feeling smooth gameplay. Its just that first time startup.

Come to mention. The game always starts the first time in minimalized mode. And when i open the window of the game the Frontier animation plays and after that it loads into the menu. But before I can click anything the game crashes. The second time it doesnt start in minimized mode but with full screen.

Come to mention. The game always starts the first time in minimalized mode. And when i open the window of the game the Frontier animation plays and after that it loads into the menu. But before I can click anything the game crashes. The second time it doesnt start in minimized mode but with full screen.

Ok, just mentioned it - when a game crashes and it's not mentioned that often on forums, hardware is a common thing to cause crashes.
With my old pc had a lot of crashes issues because some parts were really worn out. Some parts start after 4-5 years (PSU and graphics card mostly)

really weird that the game wants to start in minimalized mode and the second time not..

Just curious if Planet Zoo will get an update that lets the reptiles, amphibians, and birds lay eggs. I know most poisonous snakes have live birth but I’m keeping my fingers crossed if that update is possible

Just curious if Planet Zoo will get an update that lets the reptiles, amphibians, and birds lay eggs. I know most poisonous snakes have live birth but I’m keeping my fingers crossed if that update is possible
I think in general parenthood needs an updare. Most of the times a big baby borns and it works like an individual, without many interactions with the mother.

Well, Frontier doesn't announce features for upcoming updates (who knows how long we will have to wait for a big update)
Maybe 2 weeks before they release the update.
I hope a anniversary update will arrive in November.

I think the general rule of thumb in most games is that you shouldn't expect overhauls of certain features.
If they wanted to add eggs - they would've done this from the start with the current reptiles and birds.

Ok, just mentioned it - when a game crashes and it's not mentioned that often on forums, hardware is a common thing to cause crashes.
With my old pc had a lot of crashes issues because some parts were really worn out. Some parts start after 4-5 years (PSU and graphics card mostly)

really weird that the game wants to start in minimalized mode and the second time not..
A buuuunch of people have it on the Discord though. Even big YouTubers do :p It looks like it happens on first boot, but in fact it happens every time Steam boots. If you completely close the Steam progress and reboot that, the game crashes again when you load it for the first time. It's a persistent bug that was there a few months ago, was fixed; but returned after the SA pack. Ever since I've been sending crash reports every time it happens, like most people have done, but to no avail.

A buuuunch of people have it on the Discord though. Even big YouTubers do :p It looks like it happens on first boot, but in fact it happens every time Steam boots. If you completely close the Steam progress and reboot that, the game crashes again when you load it for the first time. It's a persistent bug that was there a few months ago, was fixed; but returned after the SA pack. Ever since I've been sending crash reports every time it happens, like most people have done, but to no avail.

Ok, I heard a lot of people talking about the game crashes when you start it. But not in the way you described it. Thank you !

I think Planet Zoo could use an update that has playground items for your younger guests who get bored to play on the playground most zoos have playgrounds for children so I think an update like that could work.

When we talk about unfixed bugs, I just wish they would FINALLY fix the damned axes!!! It got worse for me with the last update. Columns struggle most and do not toggle right between world and relative axes, but it happens way too often with every object that I can not move it in a straight line.

I would love the axis to remain and not disappear when you rotate objects - you start to rotate a pole and the axis vanishes - allowing objects to spin too much usually and when you want a fine twist - poles being a good example - you spin them back and fourth and it usually is off-line from what you want - so takes ages to get it properly rotated. Also miss the clicking sound from rotation in Planco.

When we talk about unfixed bugs, I just wish they would FINALLY fix the damned axes!!! It got worse for me with the last update. Columns struggle most and do not toggle right between world and relative axes, but it happens way too often with every object that I can not move it in a straight line.

YES! Like...I just want to align the damn poles, not having to fiddle for 5 minutes because the building tool isn't working properly. Ugh, this has been since release.

Speaking about axes, Frontier should also the option to align the axes to the direction of the group-raster. Moving non-symmetrical sections of a building on a building whose raster (and therefore walls) are not orthogonal to the world axies is a nightmare. It makes changes to an already existing building , which is usually not orthogonal to the world axis, unnecessary frustrating

Last edited:
The below issues haven't been fixed
  • Fixed staff not moving animals from trade centre to designated habitat.

Just had this bug yesterday. Had to delete and relay the path to the trade centre and suddenly staff sprung in to action.

Also, there are tons of guests getting randomly stuck in the middle of paths, saying things like they're finding a bench or going to a shop, but the destination keeps changing so they just keep turning round in the same spot and never actually achieving anything. I noticed them as I wondered why I had a bunch of guests with their thirst, hunger, energy etc all in the red.

Top Bottom