General Remove Mission Only Items. Or make Stations Guarantee such Missions at all Times.

Shoulda said MTs earlier. I have 1000 of the things sitting on my carrier available for sale for months. 🤷‍♂️

Checked EDDB and Inara. Cant Find your Carrier.
So either your not Honest. Or your Carrier has never been Found by anyone to Report you Selling them.
Guess they will Sit there and Collect Dust for further Months then. As Nobody can know they are there.

Just about every game I've seen with a target audience of 7+ has very simple to quite complex 'challenges' for the player... Should such a mechanic be removed?

This is the problem. There is no challenge here. I am OK with challenge but this is not one of these. If you could impact the mission spawn rate by f.e. doing chain missions or doing something that would give you at some point what you need that would be a challenge and would use the skill to get to that point. As for now MTs are hidden behind RNG and I have to say that: I've spend most of the day hunting missions with MT and in the end had 6 in my cargo hold- yes SIX for the whole day of jumping in/out of the mission board. I then wasted no more time got to EDDB and found MT in the near by system. Went there and had 25 of those in 15 min. So yes, there are options BUT it is not the way game want you to get those... What game gives is broken mechanic that should be "improved" in whatever way possible... Remember one thing - this game supposed to keep people playing, not leaving out of frustration...

I, naturally, won't disagree with your opinion...

But...

Just about every game I've seen with a target audience of 7+ has very simple to quite complex 'challenges' for the player... Should such a mechanic be removed?

What Challenge ?
The Challenge of Clicking "Mission Board" in every Station and Hoping that the Random Numbers Generator Spits out the Right Result ?

Getting Guardian Blueprints is a Challenge.
Getting Soontill Relics is a Challenge.
Getting Meta Alloys is a Challenge.
Earning 500k in Bounties is a Challenge.
Earning 500k in Exploration Data is a Challenge.

They might be Challenges of Widely Different Difficulties with some being very Easy and others being Quite Tedious. But they are Challenges. I wont Complain about them.
Because all of these are things you get by actually Demonstrating your Skill in the Game.
Either by it being something you have to Acquire by going to a Specific Point or Accomplishing a Specific Target.
There is no Luck Involved here.

BUT
Getting Modular Terminals right now for Example. Is not a Challenge.
Its just a Dice Roll Wall.
You have to Open the Mission Board to Roll the Dice. And hope you get Lucky by having it Spit out a Mission that Offers Modular Terminals as Reward.
No Skill Involved. No Challenge Involved. Just Pure Luck on a Dice Roll.

Your Lucky. You open the Mission Board once or twice and Bam. You got 2 Nice Easy Courier or Transport Missions for the Terminals.
Your Unlucky. You open the Mission Board 30 times or more and none of the Missions has an Reward Option for Modular Terminals.

I dont mind Challenge.
But Challenge should be Something that Relies on my Skill.
Not something Relying on Dumb Luck.

66A29E2F-D0D3-464E-BC23-E761C361B407.gif

No, it isn't solely RNG for spawning of these kind of missions - being allied with several factions also increases the 'spawn' rate of valid missions.

Naturally, there will always be players who dislike any game particular mechanism, which is fine, it will always be so.

For me, on the first acquisition of MT was virtually instant as I was already allied with many factions both in and around my 'base' system - on the 2 following accounts this was repeated with equal ease... so certainly different to your own experience.

What Challenge ?
The Challenge of Clicking "Mission Board" in every Station and Hoping that the Random Numbers Generator Spits out the Right Result ?

Getting Guardian Blueprints is a Challenge.
Getting Soontill Relics is a Challenge.
Getting Meta Alloys is a Challenge.
Earning 500k in Bounties is a Challenge.
Earning 500k in Exploration Data is a Challenge.

They might be Challenges of Widely Different Difficulties with some being very Easy and others being Quite Tedious. But they are Challenges. I wont Complain about them.
Because all of these are things you get by actually Demonstrating your Skill in the Game.
Either by it being something you have to Acquire by going to a Specific Point or Accomplishing a Specific Target.
There is no Luck Involved here.

BUT
Getting Modular Terminals right now for Example. Is not a Challenge.
Its just a Dice Roll Wall.
You have to Open the Mission Board to Roll the Dice. And hope you get Lucky by having it Spit out a Mission that Offers Modular Terminals as Reward.
No Skill Involved. No Challenge Involved. Just Pure Luck on a Dice Roll.

Your Lucky. You open the Mission Board once or twice and Bam. You got 2 Nice Easy Courier or Transport Missions for the Terminals.
Your Unlucky. You open the Mission Board 30 times or more and none of the Missions has an Reward Option for Modular Terminals.

I dont mind Challenge.
But Challenge should be Something that Relies on my Skill.
Not something Relying on Dumb Luck.
...whatever, bloke, your game is obviously different to the one I play.... You did mention intelligence, in a disparaging manner on two occasions earlier - odd how the majority of those who responded to you had no issues in getting MT very quickly - why it is almost as if a tiny little bit of thought over the mechanism provided a solution...

Kindly continue your rant, it will help you feel better...

Articulation Motors, Micro-Weave Cooling Hoses, Modular Terminals, Neofabric Insulation and more available on my carrier. However, the demand is high and I can't guarantee having stocks available all the time. The MT's especially get cleared out right away. I also once had 500 tons of bromellite fly off my shelves in less than 20 hours.

But yes, cultivating a good reputation with the factions helps a lot with getting the requisite number when the mission reward does appear.

Checked EDDB and Inara. Cant Find your Carrier.
So either your not Honest. Or your Carrier has never been Found by anyone to Report you Selling them.
Guess they will Sit there and Collect Dust for further Months then. As Nobody can know they are there.
Is true, I don't run 3rd party programs. My FC is in Naraka, the Maid of Diamonds.

Articulation Motors, Micro-Weave Cooling Hoses, Modular Terminals, Neofabric Insulation and more available on my carrier. However, the demand is high and I can't guarantee having stocks available all the time. The MT's especially get cleared out right away. I also once had 500 tons of bromellite fly off my shelves in less than 20 hours.

But yes, cultivating a good reputation with the factions helps a lot with getting the requisite number when the mission reward does appear.

Nice. Not useful for me anymore as I finished this a while ago.
Albeit I did see new Engineers Popped up. So maybe I.ll come back to it.

But thats not the Issue.
This Stuff should be Available by doing something actually Playing the Game.
Not by Clicking on Mission Board and Hoping to get an Offer that gives the Reward.

Patience and perseverance are skills.

I would call that Attributes. But more Importandly they got nothing to do with it.
Neither Patience nor Perseverance are Increasing the Chance to get a Mission which Rewards Modular Terminals.
They just help you Bridge the Time till your Dice Roll Succeeds.

As I said. I for my Part just Sat on the Station and Watched Anime while Waiting for Refreshes.
Works.
But it wont change the Fact that this Rubbish of Waiting for a Random Dice Roll to Succeed is not exactly Engaging or Challenging Gameplay.

Is true, I don't run 3rd party programs. My FC is in Naraka, the Maid of Diamonds.

Nice.
Albeit no longer needed for me.
Maybe you should actually Update your Market on EDDB. This way People will likely Buy your Stuff.
Generally the moment its in the Databank you will likely be Sold out Fairly Quickly as alot of Players usually try to get the Stuff immediately if it pops up somewhere.

I agree it's an annoyance but as stated above there are ways around this, most notably upping your rep for the mission givers, which you can do instead of waiting every 10mins, this will in turn increase your chances in the next time slot, earn you some creds/other mats/rep/influence rather than sitting there getting the hump
RNG is all over the game covering every style of play, I'd understand the anger over this if it's a singular RNG event and you had no other option but that's not the case

for me this is a mountain out of a molehill thread

I agree it's an annoyance but as stated above there are ways around this, most notably upping your rep for the mission givers, which you can do instead of waiting every 10mins, this will in turn increase your chances in the next time slot, earn you some creds/other mats/rep/influence rather than sitting there getting the hump
RNG is all over the game covering every style of play, I'd understand the anger over this if it's a singular RNG event and you had no other option but that's not the case

for me this is a mountain out of a molehill thread

No there is not.
Guys Pls get this Straight.

The thing I Complain about is the Fact that its a Random Generated Dice Roll.
Waiting, Trading or doing whatever else during the wait time and Rolling the Dice till you get the Result you want. IS NOT a way Around Rolling the Dice.

I would Complain about this even if Missionboard Reset was still a thing thus you being able to Roll the Dice every 10 Seconds.
The Problem is the Dice Roll Guys. Stop getting hung up on what to do between the Dice Rolls.
Because as long as you dont get rid of the Dice Rolls I will Complain about it.
Because even if I could Roll the Dice every 10 Seconds I would still Complain that I have to Waste Time on Rolling Dice by Relogging constantly.

Being a trader/hauler I have a trading network of 111 stations/sytems and am now allied with most of the factions in the network. Many times do I see missions that have the commodities that cannot be bought in high quantities as a mission reward. Maybe taking time to get Allied with Factions improves the frequency of such rewards. Just a thought

No there is not.

Waiting, Trading or doing whatever else during the wait time and Rolling the Dice till you get the Result you want. IS NOT a way Around Rolling the Dice.

I would Complain about this even if Missionboard Reset was still a thing thus you being able to Roll the Dice every 10 Seconds.
The Problem is the Dice Roll Guys. Stop getting hung up on what to do between the Dice Rolls.
Because as long as you dont get rid of the Dice Rolls I will Complain about it.
Because even if I could Roll the Dice every 10 Seconds I would still Complain that I have to Waste Time on Rolling Dice by Relogging constantly.

I believe we all get what you are saying
the point is the game, in general, is hugely based on RNG (or dice rolling) and it's not a problem because there is so much to do
you are specifically pointing out a tiny part of the game, ignoring all other elements of it, ignoring all the suggestions to help you in that process, and wanting a fix that basically provides you with what you want instantly

It's like me wanting all mining hotspots to be 100% for that material and all asteroids to pay out 100%

Being a trader/hauler I have a trading network of 111 stations/sytems and am now allied with most of the factions in the network. Many times do I see missions that have the commodities that cannot be bought in high quantities as a mission reward. Maybe taking time to get Allied with Factions improves the frequency of such rewards. Just a thought

it has been said a few times now, but that's not what they want
they want that commodity to be available in missions all the time, in every scenario

It Decreases the Chance that you get Offered a Mission with that Reward which then is Locked because you dont have Sufficient Reputation to Accept it.
It does not Affect the Dice Roll itself. So wether or not the Mission Drops is not dependent on your Reputation.

I believe we all get what you are saying
the point is the game, in general, is hugely based on RNG (or dice rolling) and it's not a problem because there is so much to do
you are specifically pointing out a tiny part of the game, ignoring all other elements of it, ignoring all the suggestions to help you in that process, and wanting a fix that basically provides you with what you want instantly

It's like me wanting all mining hotspots to be 100% for that material and all asteroids to pay out 100%

it has been said a few times now, but that's not what they want
they want that commodity to be available in missions all the time, in every scenario

I somehow dont Feel like your getting it.
In Fact I have a Feeling like your not even bothering to Read half of what I say.

Otherwise you would not constantly Suggest me to do other Things in between the Dice Rolls. Because you would have Understood that I am Complaining about the Dice Rolls not about the Wait Time in between.
You would also not constantly talk about Suggestions that help me doing it or me wanting a Fix that instantly gives me what I want. Because I told you guys like 50 times now that I already have this Stuff and thus for me Personally it makes no Difference anymore.
But its a Game Element that is making the Game Less Fun for People and Serves no Purpose for the Game. Hence it should be Removed and Replaced.

And no. Its not like wanting Hotspots to be 100% one Materials and Pay out 100% because guess what. HOTSPOTS ALREADY GUARANTEE THAT THE MATERIAL YOUR LOOKING FOR IS IN THERE.

Thing is. The Mission Board doesnt work like that.
If mining would work like the Mission Board it would basicly be like every 10 minutes the Hotspots and Materials get Switched around.
Including all Asteroids.
So you could basicly Stay in a 10km Radius of the Point where you entered the Ring. And every 10 Minutes all Asteroids would be Reset and get a new Random Set of Ressources.
But in Exchange every 10 Minutes the Hotspot you are in might Completely Change or even Dissappear. Have Fun Mining for a Specific Mineral lol.

And guess what. If that was how Mining Worked. I would Complain about that Too.

And lol Yes. I am Complaining about one Specific Part of the Game.
Problem with that ?
Am I not Allowed to Suggest Changes unless they are a Massive Rework of the Entire Game ?

I understand you. I just don’t agree with you, but strokes and folks and all that. We just see the same game mechanics differently.

I don’t mind that my faction don’t always have what I need; sometimes my local shop don’t have the sweeties I want all the time either 🤷‍♂️

I think everyone in this thread understands that. You don't like Dice Rolls. We get it!

What I think nobody here entirely understands is why you're here, if you hate RNG mechanics so much, playing a very time consuming game that consists almost entirely 100% of RNG mechanics.

I mean, virtually every aspect of ED is randomized, down to the very planets you land on. At some level, the entire game boils down to using luck and skill and patience to beat the odds or at least bend them in your favor. So what is it exactly that you actually enjoy in this game? Maybe do more of that instead.

I think everyone in this thread understands that. You don't like Dice Rolls. We get it!

What I think nobody here entirely understands is why you're here, if you hate RNG mechanics so much, playing a very time consuming game that consists almost entirely 100% of RNG mechanics.

I mean, virtually every aspect of ED is randomized, down to the very planets you land on. At some level, the entire game boils down to using luck and skill and patience to beat the odds or at least bend them in your favor. So what is it exactly that you actually enjoy in this game? Maybe do more of that instead.

very good response
literally what I and a few others have been saying, but...
the impression I get is OP chooses not to understand this because it doesn't leave an argument

Top Bottom