Elite Dangerous (incl. Horizons) will be free to keep via Epic store from 19th November (offer available for a week)

I'm in and I'm just headed over to the beginner area in the FC to pick up the new crew member.
Poor thing has just been given the chat about how you can forge your own path - only to find they'll spend the rest of their career moving Tritium from hold to tank.
Now I just need to get them 120m CR or thereabouts for a max cargo T9 and they'll be set.

I'm in and I'm just headed over to the beginner area in the FC to pick up the new crew member.
Poor thing has just been given the chat about how you can forge your own path - only to find they'll spend the rest of their career moving Tritium from hold to tank.
Now I just need to get them 120m CR or thereabouts for a max cargo T9 and they'll be set.

I'm crying. lol.

See... before I read your post, I didn't even feel bad about doing basically the same thing...

Oh boy account 4!
Screenshot 2020-11-19 143500.png

Oh no...
Screenshot 2020-11-19 143522.png

Sigh.

I'm still unable to get in.
The account link has worked and the launcher gives me the play button now. Thanks.
I have verified the installation to get the latest version.
But it errors out with, "The game failed to communicate with the authentication server."
I've checked my network and it's all good. Other Epic games play.

Greetings Commanders, our latest fix should address most issues for new Epic users. Please close and re-open the launcher for them to take affect. We'll continue to monitor the situation and update you tomorrow as necessary.

Please report any persisting issues here: https://issues.frontierstore.net/
Thanks @Stephen Benedetti
Please pass on my best wishes to those fixing these issues if you can. Their hard work is appreciated.

My issues are resolved. My new account launches from Epic fine now. Interestingly, all the bindings and settings transferred over from my Steam install. It still won't launch just from the Frontier launcher, it has to go through the Epic store. My Steam installs still work normally though without launching from there.

That's what I'm hoping too. I have five other accounts I can use from the single Steam version already - only makes sense if I can add this one too.

So you have 5 frontier accounts (5 different emails) ? Did you have to link each of them to the same Steam account ? When you want to switch to a different commander, you just run the EDLaunch from Steam and logoff / logon to an alt account ?

Did you do anything to get this working? Happened to me also. When trying again from the epic frontier launcher the it says the key is already taken.

EDIT: It worked.. event against the direction of the elite launcher i closed everything off and turned it back on again and it worked. On the third time (the second time i tried to log in and it gave me an error to go buy or claim elite).

This is a really messy show frontier, no harm personally, but i really feel for the new players who are genuinely excited to give elite a go. That's really bad.

Last edited:
Still busted. I have an account linked through Epic - I can go to the Frontier Store and log in with the Email I used to register the Epic copy of the game. It allows me to log in with that email, and alter personal settings should I choose to. Still getting the incorrect registration code error after clicking the link in the email. Still getting authentication failures when launching the game.

Still busted. I have an account linked through Epic - I can go to the Frontier Store and log in with the Email I used to register the Epic copy of the game. It allows me to log in with that email, and alter personal settings should I choose to. Still getting the incorrect registration code error after clicking the link in the email. Still getting authentication failures when launching the game.

Try closing everything off and turning it back on again, at least twice if not once. You might have to attempt to log into the registered frontier account and receive an error first. Not sure whats going on.

Some friends are trying ED for the first time thanks to the Epic Store offer, but does anyone know if it will generate a Steam key, as one would like to use that launcher instead? I suspect not considering what Epic are trying to do, but another friend thought they read somewhere it would do so...

Is the Login down?? I keep getting an error that there is no communication with the login server.... from my epic account... so I guess it is down LOL

Some friends are trying ED for the first time thanks to the Epic Store offer, but does anyone know if it will generate a Steam key, as one would like to use that launcher instead? I suspect not considering what Epic are trying to do, but another friend thought they read somewhere it would do so...
No, it is just as you suspect as they are competitors in the same software distribution market. The exception seems to be Ubisoft which insist on using their own UPlay launcher for all of their software no matter which platform you purchased it from.

Finally downloaded, created new email for new frontier store account, registered that email. Got verification code. Inputted it and was told I needed to purchase or redeem the game. Any ideas?

Top Bottom