Game Discussions Star Citizen Discussion Thread v12

Apparently a friend of a goon is in pretty deep.

for me, I like it because of the technology that they've built for it - the stuff the game actually does is amazing as poo poo
the fact you can fly a spaceship out of your spaceship, and then fly that to another planet and then land on the planet with no loading screens is pretty crazy

Hmm.. if only there was another game like that. A released game. One where you don't have to pay for ships to do it....

Except CIG never said that the scan mechanism of police was updated, nor that the hidden cargo was not visible from the police atm.
You see lies where there is none.

Ummm

The police scanning mechanics exist in the alpha for at least the last year. Police can only scan what's on the "declared" cargo zone (96 SCU for the MSR). Everything outside of those zones cannot be seen by them.
If you transport illegal items (ex: narcotics) on the standard cargo zone of the MSR you might be fined and the cargo will be confiscated.

Hmm.. if only there was another game like that. A released game. One where you don't have to pay for ships to do it....
Carrier Command?

edit: Oh, wait... you have to land on planets. That only leaves Space Engineers, Empyrion Galactic Survival, Starbase, Dual Universe, and a few others whose name escapes me at the moment... many of which feature vehicles that you can build yourself.

I repeat, that's how it works in the alpha (or at least worked some patch ago, haven't tested recently).
For the MSR, I don't know if the hidden cargo confiscated is a bug, if the hidden zone had not been declared correctly (or not at all), if they haven't finished the hidden zone or another general problem on the police mechanism.

And I repeat also that CIG have given us no info on the hidden cargo zone of the MSR.

Viajero

Volunteer Moderator

"for me, I like it because of the technology that they've built for it - the stuff the game actually does is amazing as poo poo
the fact you can fly a spaceship out of your spaceship, and then fly that to another planet and then land on the planet with no loading screens is pretty crazy "

There is actually several games that allow you to do that already.

Apparently a friend of a goon is in pretty deep...
if only there was another game like that. A released game. One where you don't have to pay for ships to do it....
And your friend should have also talked about manually driving a buggy (with 2 players on board) inside your ship, leaving it to walk to your pilot seat, fly to a planet, stop in the way in space to make a small EVA mission with the players that are with you in your ship, land to a planet, manually drive your buggy out of the ship and go to an underground area to do a FPS mission with your friends.
All those steps without loading screen.

They are very very few games offering those features...

There are a large number of games that offer those features, but every time this comes up, yet another requirement is suddenly added to the never-ending list to maintain the special-pleading, no-true-scotsman, moving-the-goalposts fallacy that SC is in any way special or unique.

It isn't. It never was. No amount of trying to paint it as such will actually make it happen simply because it not only offers anything new but also does not offer so much that all those other games already have. Doing so will only ever manage to highlight the increasing wilful ignorance of the people trying to defend CI¬G's inaccurate PR.

I repeat, that's how it works in the alpha
It very clearly doesn't. Either it was updated to work, or it wasn't. Either the info they've given on hidden cargo storage is accurate or it isn't. You can't have it both ways. You contradicted yourself. These things happen. Just own it.

I repeat, that's how it works in the alpha (or at least worked some patch ago, haven't tested recently).
For the MSR, I don't know if the hidden cargo confiscated is a bug, if the hidden zone had not been declared correctly (or not at all), if they haven't finished the hidden zone or another general problem on the police mechanism.

And I repeat also that CIG have given us no info on the hidden cargo zone of the MSR.

You were replying to someone about the Hidden Compartments in the MSR.
If you didn't know, and hide behind "CIG have given us no info on the hidden cargo zone of the MSR" why did you assert it was already working in the Alpha?

Have some integrity.

Here's a delusional backer.

Undiscovered systems? They can't even add the systems that are known!
I LOVE this recent talk of undiscovered systems. There's supposed to be 100 in total (but no longer on release). Lets say that they somehow design (lol lol I know) 10 systems that are hidden but discoverable.

So that mean at most 10 players will get to experience exploration gameplay, discovering a system.

Truly the best damn whateverthehell this thing is.

And your friend should have also talked about manually driving a buggy (with 2 players on board) inside your ship, leaving it to walk to your pilot seat, fly to a planet, stop in the way in space to make a small EVA mission with the players that are with you in your ship, land to a planet, manually drive your buggy out of the ship and go to an underground area to do a FPS mission with your friends.
All those steps without loading screen.

One day Star Citizen might offer those features too, with actual game loops, and ships that don't turn in to tunnelling graboids when you try and park your buggy.

Top Bottom