Star Citizen Discussion Thread v12

Viajero

Volunteer Moderator
Although he's taking it with humour, I bet deep down he wants to erase these punks :D
I wouldnt guess as far as "erase these punks" :ROFLMAO: but there has been no doubt a significant number of actuall well respected franchises for which Chris Roberts has made sure to do his damnedest best to alienate with his constant "references" and "comparisons" (Rockstar, Activision, EA etc etc), FDEV's Elite is by no means the only one.

Last edited:
I wouldnt guess as far as "erase thes punks" :ROFLMAO: but there has been no doubt a significant number of actuall well respected franchises for which Chris Roberts has made sure to do his damnedest best to alienate with his constant "references" and "comparisons" (Rockstar, Activision, EA etc etc), FDEV's Elite is by no means the only one.
I expect more coded ribbing as EDO gets closer to reality too from both sides. The ones FD have buried in financial reports and the dev videos are quite funny.

Although he's taking it with humour, I bet deep down he wants to erase these punks :D
I'm not so sure. There are so many times on Discord I've read that someone's interest in space sims was piqued by Star Citizen, and they've bought Elite while they were waiting. As long as Chris Roberts doesn't actually release his game he's doing David Braben a favour

Even if Chris does eventually release his game David Braben could still profit from the comparison. Folks have gotten used to the way Elite flies. When they jump into Chris Roberts' ships they will feel different... weird

This could lead to a lot of folks giving the game a bad rep

I'm not so sure. There are so many times on Discord I've read that someone's interest in space sims was piqued by Star Citizen, and they've bought Elite while they were waiting. As long as Chris Roberts doesn't actually release his game he's doing David Braben a favour

Even if Chris does eventually release his game David Braben could still profit from the comparison. Folks have gotten used to the way Elite flies. When they jump into Chris Roberts' ships they will feel different... weird

This could lead to a lot of folks giving the game a bad rep
Very true, although I still want to see DB hulk out sometime and mash CiG over it during one of his interviews. One minute he's talking about proc gen and the industry, the next its HULK SMASH :D

Do you know that with your spec you should be able to run 8 copies of FTL simultaneously ?
Never played it, but did run 4 copies of NWN2 simultaneously.

In other news, goons are doing trip reports about their forays into the game.

This one i found amusing.

I did download this poo poo to see what a pretty much "as big as you can go"-PC can do. My Specs are a 9900K@5GHz AllCore, 32GB DDR4-3200 RAM, a mighty RTX 3090 and installed on a Samsung NVMe Drive.

running in 1440p on max Settings... I had 43 FPS in the wankpod staring at a Wall. Forty Three with pretty much nothing on the screen. i never figured out how to get out of bed, so i just use this 80GB Garbage as a chat interface to make the Citizens mad. This goes pretty fast asking question like "why does it run so bad?" or "How much are u in for? 5 Digits?".

For now, i like Star Citizen

I think that was actually already known.

Its one of those things that CIG sell people on the idea of, but then say "but its not actually implemented yet and we don't have any plans for it on the roadmap, but buy it anyway"

So, it just joins the long list of ships for which the planned gameplay doesn't exist for yet.

This is CIG's secret sauce. Sell the dream, sell the ship, worry about implementing actual gameplay later.

They've been doing this for 8 years and it works like a charm.

I think that was actually already known.

Its one of those things that CIG sell people on the idea of, but then say "but its not actually implemented yet and we don't have any plans for it on the roadmap, but buy it anyway"

So, it just joins the long list of ships for which the planned gameplay doesn't exist for yet.

This is CIG's secret sauce. Sell the dream, sell the ship, worry about implementing actual gameplay later.

They've been doing this for 8 years and it works like a charm.

I don't think CIG said anything either way. (Other than selling the ship with lots of blurb suggesting it absolutely can do that ;)). But for sure, I assumed it wasn't working in any meaningful sense too. It's just nice to have someone test the theory ;)

Cheers LittleAnt .... I may pull it down later and have a butchers.
Enjoy :) some of my most funny video game sessions I remember have been while intoxicated ^^

Meanwhile, running 2 copies of ED simultaneously, SSD not mandatory, with 8 GB of memory. :D
Which tells you exactly which game is superior you ED-peasent ^^

Oh man, whats these haters problem? Why do they have to keep checking CIG claims for fact and coming up short? Cant they just believe and hope like good little fans? Its almost as if we cannot take CIGs words seriously because they lie a lot and use definitions nobody else does?

Never played it, but did run 4 copies of NWN2 simultaneously.

In other news, goons are doing trip reports about their forays into the game.

This one i found amusing.
Sounds like Sovapid in disguise. Sov buddy, wanne fess up? :)

Why do they have to keep checking CIG claims for fact and coming up short? Cant they just believe and hope like good little fans? Its almost as if we cannot take CIGs words seriously because they lie a lot and use definitions nobody else does?
Except CIG never said that the scan mechanism of police was updated, nor that the hidden cargo was not visible from the police atm.
You see lies where there is none.

Top Bottom