Game Discussions Star Citizen Discussion Thread v12

Do you know that with your spec you should be able to run 8 copies of FTL simultaneously ?

Never played it, but did run 4 copies of NWN2 simultaneously.

In other news, goons are doing trip reports about their forays into the game.

This one i found amusing.

I did download this poo poo to see what a pretty much "as big as you can go"-PC can do. My Specs are a 9900K@5GHz AllCore, 32GB DDR4-3200 RAM, a mighty RTX 3090 and installed on a Samsung NVMe Drive.

running in 1440p on max Settings... I had 43 FPS in the wankpod staring at a Wall. Forty Three with pretty much nothing on the screen. i never figured out how to get out of bed, so i just use this 80GB Garbage as a chat interface to make the Citizens mad. This goes pretty fast asking question like "why does it run so bad?" or "How much are u in for? 5 Digits?".

For now, i like Star Citizen

I think that was actually already known.

Its one of those things that CIG sell people on the idea of, but then say "but its not actually implemented yet and we don't have any plans for it on the roadmap, but buy it anyway"

So, it just joins the long list of ships for which the planned gameplay doesn't exist for yet.

This is CIG's secret sauce. Sell the dream, sell the ship, worry about implementing actual gameplay later.

They've been doing this for 8 years and it works like a charm.

I think that was actually already known.

Its one of those things that CIG sell people on the idea of, but then say "but its not actually implemented yet and we don't have any plans for it on the roadmap, but buy it anyway"

So, it just joins the long list of ships for which the planned gameplay doesn't exist for yet.

This is CIG's secret sauce. Sell the dream, sell the ship, worry about implementing actual gameplay later.

They've been doing this for 8 years and it works like a charm.

I don't think CIG said anything either way. (Other than selling the ship with lots of blurb suggesting it absolutely can do that ;)). But for sure, I assumed it wasn't working in any meaningful sense too. It's just nice to have someone test the theory ;)

Cheers LittleAnt .... I may pull it down later and have a butchers.

Enjoy :) some of my most funny video game sessions I remember have been while intoxicated ^^

Meanwhile, running 2 copies of ED simultaneously, SSD not mandatory, with 8 GB of memory. :D

Which tells you exactly which game is superior you ED-peasent ^^

Oh man, whats these haters problem? Why do they have to keep checking CIG claims for fact and coming up short? Cant they just believe and hope like good little fans? Its almost as if we cannot take CIGs words seriously because they lie a lot and use definitions nobody else does?

Never played it, but did run 4 copies of NWN2 simultaneously.

In other news, goons are doing trip reports about their forays into the game.

This one i found amusing.

Sounds like Sovapid in disguise. Sov buddy, wanne fess up? :)

Why do they have to keep checking CIG claims for fact and coming up short? Cant they just believe and hope like good little fans? Its almost as if we cannot take CIGs words seriously because they lie a lot and use definitions nobody else does?
Except CIG never said that the scan mechanism of police was updated, nor that the hidden cargo was not visible from the police atm.
You see lies where there is none.

Except CIG never said that the scan mechanism of police was updated, nor that the hidden cargo was not visible from the police atm.

Indeed, its just another ship they sold that is lacking the gameplay is it designed for.

Backers are lapping it up!

Reminds me how the nigerian scam emails intentionally have bad spelling and grammar to filter out the intelligent people.

Maybe not. But they are selling this $225 ship as having:

• Data Storage Computers: Built-in encryption protocols, data kill switches, and customizable security allows the Mercury to ensure that private information never falls into the wrong hands
  • Dedicated Scanning Station: Allows for the collection of data on missions or for private resale
  • Shielded Sub-floor Storage: A stealthy, hidden set of compartments for storing the misunderstood portions of the cargo.

Given the mixed bag of ships delivered with and without their USP game mechanics over the last few years, is it any surprise that some citizens are confused about this. And somewhat annoyed to find that the new toy they've bought doesn't do what it says on the tin.

Actually come to that, you thought it was active as well 😄

In the current alpha, the police's ships can only scan visible cargo. All secrets rooms are hidden to them. If you transport illegal stuff, those secrets room are really useful.

EDIT: This is where CIG's constant sales blurbs and perpetually 'around the corner' dev chat often leads. To the mistaken belief that 'plan' + 'new game asset' = associated gameplay.

(It also seems to lead to a lot of mistaken use of the present tense ;))

Last edited:
Here's a delusional backer.

The holy grail of exploration is finding an undiscovered system and surviving the journey home with Jump Point nav data so you can report it to the authorities. A player who successfully does this and is the FIRST to get back with the data is granted the right to name the system (subject to approval by CIG, so no Bonerland System) and be permanently recognized in the lore as the discoverer of that system.

Undiscovered systems? They can't even add the systems that are known!

Does anyone know if CIG are thinking of sharing some of the core tech (not the assets of course) for their game once they finish it. Or even like five years after launch?

I feel that CIG is such a unique company due to its backer model and not being one of the established AAA studios that it would be amazing if they shared some of their tech once their game is done. I can just imagine having a Skyrim (fantasy) type game (but where you can explore an entire planet!) being able to be made by an indie studio if they got access to even some of the core tech of the game.

I know its unusual, but CIG is also unusual, plus it contains so many models and art that no studio would be able to catch up to them and make a rival game even if they did make their core tech open source!

I know they are using another company's engine so that might make if harder, but they also have years of working out the bugs and code to make it work. So even in they shared what they used for that specific engine it could give us so many amazing new games!

Anyone know something about this? I've read about modding and stuff but didn't see a post about sharing stuff with other gaming companies...

2183390c33417d017eaed6a53d80fb64.gif

Here's a delusional backer.

The holy grail of exploration is finding an undiscovered system and surviving the journey home with Jump Point nav data so you can report it to the authorities. A player who successfully does this and is the FIRST to get back with the data is granted the right to name the system (subject to approval by CIG, so no Bonerland System) and be permanently recognized in the lore as the discoverer of that system.

Undiscovered systems? They can't even add the systems that are known!

Now that is a game mechanic that I'd see like a great idea! I'd pay for a game having something like tha-oh wait, right, it's free on Epic until the 26th.

Top Bottom