Game Discussions Star Citizen Discussion Thread v12

1606135712286.png

What an excellent game that was. I think it was buggy with the stockpile but, damn, what a great game.
Was quite disappointed with the Bohemia Interactive Studios remake. Full of good will, some nice visuals but riddled with bugs and problems. I should give this another try one day (as for Take On Helicopters: I crave for a good, fun and rich civilan helisim but I can't find anything apart from this)

On-topic: should be spelled esrev' to fit with the cart before horse development scheme.

Was quite disappointed with the Bohemia Interactive Studios remake. Full of good will, some nice visuals but riddled with bugs and problems. I should give this another try one day (as for Take On Helicopters: I crave for a good, fun and rich civilan helisim but I can't find anything apart from this)

On-topic: should be spelled esrev' to fit with the cart before horse development scheme.
I found the remake quite OK. Apart from the fog. Tried to make it go away, but never figured out how. That really ruins it.

Reminds me how the nigerian scam emails intentionally have bad spelling and grammar to filter out the intelligent people.

OMG I never thought of it like that, sinister +1

They are very very few games offering those features...

Pretty sure the game youre thinking of doesnt offer them either, they are offering the idea of them though.

I am pretty sure Universe is implied .... Doesnt PU stand for "Persistent Universe" ? ;)

PU is the noise a bad actor makes when smelling something bad, Peee Ewwww

@LittleAnt - Assume that no loading screens are a good thing and most if not all agree with that. Also perhaps assume that all devs know this and are also working to put as much as possible in game without a loading screen until its absolutely necessary. Assume this has always been the case, all the way from floppy disk to Hard Drives and SSD and that as the tech advanced the gaps between loading did too.

So if all devs across all games are aiming to reduce loading screens and times.....why do they exist? Perhaps most devs are working to the limit of the tech and always pushing but know that right now its the best they can do with the tech they have....so they can either release a game and update it as the tech improves, or they can not release any game until the tech catches up. If it was there now all games would do it, if it was next year all games would be aiming at it, if its 10 years away all games will release a version before then and wait for it and prepare for it.....Except one, which will keep waiting and promising this tech next year with a different name...

Its just a fact that ED and others went the 1st route, release a game for the players and update and add features as you go. And SC went the never been done before route, wait until the tech catches up, whenever that may be and until then the players wont have a game to play.

Dont you think that when the tech becomes available that most games will drop the loading screens and they will be a thing of the past just like floppy disks? SC wont be unique at all, it will be normal, its what everyone has been aiming at for 40 years. The danger is all the other games will adapt and SC will still be left to build so it will be left behind before it ever gets ahead....as it has been at every stage.

Top Bottom