Game Discussions Star Citizen Discussion Thread v12

Dont you think that when the tech becomes available that most games will drop the loading screens and they will be a thing of the past just like floppy disks? SC wont be unique at all, it will be normal, its what everyone has been aiming at for 40 years.
I don't care if SC is unique, I just want a game with the same features that SC want to offer. If EDO offer those features with no bugs, I will switch my gaming time completely on ED with no regrets.

The danger is all the other games will adapt and SC will still be left to build so it will be left behind before it ever gets ahead....as it has been at every stage.
It's only a danger for CIG, not for me or the average player. If SC have better competitors, gamers will just switch to them and CIG will die. Competition is good.

I don't care if SC is unique, I just want a game with the same features that SC want to offer. If EDO offer those features with no bugs, I will switch my gaming time completely on ED with no regrets.

It's only a danger for CIG, not for me or the average player. If SC have better competitors, gamers will just switch to them and CIG will die. Competition is good.
This is the best attitude to have imo (y) I just hope you don't spend too much much money on CIG prior to your goal being reached.

Paying for results > Paying for vague promises

And SC went the never been done before route, wait until the tech catches up, whenever that may be and until then the players wont have a game to play.

Well CR has done that before. When Strike Commander was released very few people had machines that could run it smoothly. As it was slow even on the days high end PC's.

dayrth

Volunteer Moderator
With the usual caveat of 'if the tracker is to be believed'...

It is a record year for funding overall, but that was the worst October ever and the worst November since 2015. Is it a blip or is it a trend. We will have to wait and see.
And let's not forget the "money gathered / development progress" ratio for this year.

Was just checking out Kickstarter's rules.

Rule number 1

Projects must create something to share with others.
Kickstarter can be used to create all sorts of things: art and gadgets, events and spaces, ideas and experiences. But every project needs a plan for creating something and sharing it with the world. At some point, the creator should be able to say: “It’s finished. Here’s what we created. Enjoy!

Ooops! Looks like CIG forgot about that one.

It seems CR doesn't know what to do of his creative teams ;)

Now this is pod racing!

But seriously, what creative teams? CIG are creatively and morally bankrupt. Everything they do is either a rip off of another franchise or anything that is pure CIG looks like it came from my 10 year old self's imagination of the space game i'd like to make one day.

Consider CR's ideas of alien races, straight out of Flash Gordon.

Not only content with adding the K'zin... erm, i mean the Kilrathi in Wing Commander in SC he has the following races.

GEFfEhm.png

Aka:

Anthormorphic lizard men, bird men, rock men, and turtle men.

Top Bottom