ANNOUNCEMENT Elite Dangerous Community Team AMA

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Be gentle, perhaps dont mention it the 1st week at all or it may become an annual event not a weekly one :)

Although I'm a cannibal pirate who runs a chain of burger restaurants I'm not a monster.

Just give a straight answer and I'll stop asking- its been two and a bit years since anything was last said, its kind of due. Just saying "yes it will see change in Odyssey" is a start rather than saying "I've asked the team" and then silence. VR people and FSS nutters went far loopier and got a sensible answer, its about time Powerplay did too.

@Bruce Garrido fair play to you guys, from that Halloween event forumites have mentioned (me included) that there should be more interaction and here we are

might be an idea
Glad you like the idea of locking the thread between sessions. :) The main reason I suggest locking the AMA thread between AMA sessions is it would only allow questions to be submitted when they could be answered - preventing people getting frustrated if their question doesn't get answered, and it would also keep the thread tidy by preventing 167hrs a week of posts drowning out the previous sessions.

I'd like to talk about the Issue Tracker. From a player perspective, it's pretty broken. Duplicate issues abound, 10 replications to confirm an issue is ridiculous, and many commanders have reported issues only to see them expire or fail to advance. What is FDev's opinion on the state of this vital tool?

Glad you like the idea of locking the thread between sessions. :) The main reason I suggest locking the AMA thread between AMA sessions is it would only allow questions to be submitted when they could be answered - preventing people getting frustrated if their question doesn't get answered, and it would also keep the thread tidy by preventing 167hrs a week of posts drowning out the previous sessions.
Agreed. Though maybe they’d be best off just creating a specific thread for each session.

There could really do with being a sticky FAQ and Status of Major Items style thread anyway, which could then just be updated with things from the AMAs.

Bruce, This is a good Idea, but

Please consider that some of us in the UK work for a living, we will not be available at 3PM UTC to ask questions. A missed opportunity !
Also many CMDR's are international, so they could even be asleep, so they will also miss out.

Wouldn't it be better just to open a forum thread that anyone can post at any time ? The Forum has condensed these questions for Sandy before.

Yes to this.
Spraying questions here anytime outside of the AMA events is not how this thread works.

Bruce, This is a good Idea, but

Please consider that some of us in the UK work for a living, we will not be available at 3PM UTC to ask questions. A missed opportunity !
Also many CMDR's are international, so they could even be asleep, so they will also miss out.

Wouldn't it be better just to open a forum thread that anyone can post at any time ? The Forum has condensed these questions for Sandy before.
Clever planning if you ask me dude... cut out all the whining, whinging Commanders and Forum Undead about their daily business or asleep...... just leaving those luverly Kathmandu Commanders in Nepal... ;)

Last edited:
Ummm... I'm with you since May last year... And I waited a long time to ask one of the bothering me questions. I didn't had a courage to start a new topic and this one looks like a good opportunity to ask:
Why people always blames Tj about something? What has he done in the past to diserve for all that blaming? :)
@Sir.Tj why people are blaming you?

Last edited:
Ummm... I'm with you since May last year... And I waited a long time to ask one of the bothering me questions. I didn't had a courage to start a new topic and this one looks like a good opportunity to ask:
Why people always blames Tj about something? What has he done in the past to diserve for all that blaming? :)
@Sir.Tj why people are blaming you?
Existed?

Greetings Commanders!

These forums are a space to discuss everything Elite Dangerous, and being the vast galaxy that it is, there's a lot to talk about. While we watch the forums to see what the latest is, we're not always able to show our presence and respond in each of the threads in all of the various sections.

To give you, our forum users, a direct line to speak with us, we've created this AMA ("ask me anything") style thread. Every Wednesday at 15:00 UTC one or more of the Community Managers will be here to answer your questions regarding any aspect of the game. You can ask us what we think of certain suggestions, what the progress is on a given project etc. whatever you wish. We hope you'll understand that sometimes we'll be limited in what we can say (before you ask for Odyssey spoilers), but will always be as open and direct as possible.

To prevent these sessions from turning into clearing a backlog each week, we'll only take questions posted after the session begins. When it's time for us to sign-off we'll let you know in our final reply, so if your question comes after that, it may not be answered. Make sure to post it again during the next session if this happens.

See you in the black,

o7
Ok, well please consider those in different timezones than the UK for when you close it. It might be the afternoon for you when it starts but it's early morning for me 🙂

Ok, well please consider those in different timezones than the UK for when you close it. It might be the afternoon for you when it starts but it's early morning for me 🙂
There is a saying : "The future belongs to those who get up early".

I’m joking, of course, and I understand you. :)

🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 😷

Greetings Commanders!

These forums are a space to discuss everything Elite Dangerous, and being the vast galaxy that it is, there's a lot to talk about. While we watch the forums to see what the latest is, we're not always able to show our presence and respond in each of the threads in all of the various sections.

To give you, our forum users, a direct line to speak with us, we've created this AMA ("ask me anything") style thread. Every Wednesday at 15:00 UTC one or more of the Community Managers will be here to answer your questions regarding any aspect of the game. You can ask us what we think of certain suggestions, what the progress is on a given project etc. whatever you wish. We hope you'll understand that sometimes we'll be limited in what we can say (before you ask for Odyssey spoilers), but will always be as open and direct as possible.

To prevent these sessions from turning into clearing a backlog each week, we'll only take questions posted after the session begins. When it's time for us to sign-off we'll let you know in our final reply, so if your question comes after that, it may not be answered. Make sure to post it again during the next session if this happens.

See you in the black,

o7

*edit - will ask later :)

Last edited:
Save it for Wednesday! My question will be - how can you get accurate data on mining in order to make sensible decisions on the balance pass when the PWA is broken, fundamentally affecting people's current mining habits?
This is true. I have not even attempted core mining since they broke it.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom