Release v1.2.0 elgato stream deck button plugin for elite dangerous

the default is white. If you changed it to black or pink, then you won't see anything.

Also sometimes (usually after a restart of ED) you need to reselect a route before ED will export the route data correctly.

I installed your ED Stream Deck files a couple months ago and haven't really given them a chance yet because I already have so many regularly mapped hotkeys. But now I've filled all 32 buttons of my Stream Deck XL 32 and also my mini streamdeck (6 button one). Now I'm just waiting for the 64 button XXL version to come out! LOL So, wow, so much you've done! It will take me a little while to adapt what I'm used to into a different folder/profile, so I'm definitely going to be working on that.

Question... As I am running out of buttons on even my XL, is there a way to push a streamdeck button and have a sequence fire off to switch from Analysis to Combat (or just "Run Away") mode and have the streamdeck switch it's screen to the necessary buttons? For example, say I've been interdicted in my slooooow T9 just running in regular jump mode with system scanner on or whatever, and need to have heatsinks immediately available, drop chaff, auto-change my pips from 2/4/0 to 4/2/0 (or whatever combo), High and Low wake options, etc... Or maybe I'm mining and need to switch to defensive mode. Or...or...etc... Is there a way to have the streamdeck auto-switch to a different screen or profile like this? (Sort of like the bane of coding, self-adjusting code... can't remember what it's called offhand, been a few years, but I remember coding something once that I needed to have it rewrite small parts of its own code for updates or for a certain usercases. I did figure out a solution, but it's been almost ten years since I wrote that piece. I know some languages and devices allow for this, but not sure which they are since I've moved up and out of the dev world about 5 yrs ago now.)

Question 2 (not so long, sorry) - I would LOVE to be able to have a screen to switch to on the streamdeck (without having to switch the in-game view) and be able to target subsystems. Along the same idea but on the right control panel, activate an AFU and get options popped up on the buttons next to it. I hate having to switch between so many screens to find what needs done. I guess, in a nutshell, I'm asking if it's possible to duplicate the panels (at least parts of them) on the streamdeck? You'd think in 3306 our computers would be better, not worse!

[edit add] For question 2, I'll try to explain why I'm asking this. As in using an AFU, there's no hotkeys for that. There are some hotkeys as you know, but not for many of the panel items. I'd like to be able to access some of the various panels' functions using the streamdeck, but as there's no way (to my knowledge) to know which panel tab is currently active, I can't just make a multi-action set of hotkeys to move to the item(s) I need selected. If there were a way to know which tab on any given panel is on (this would be great for system/squadron chat too), then a multi-action could be quickly invoked. I guess I need to know what's available from the ED API that can be hooked into for info and/or actions. But that's too large a subject for this question overall, I know.

Thanks for the awsome tool!

[edit for typo and clarification]

Last edited:
Hello,

for auto switching to another profile, see
https://github.com/mhwlng/streamdeck-elite/wiki/Automatic-Profile-Switching

Displaying buttons for each subsystem is not possible.
The game state data that the game returns is limited.
The game does not return information about which tab is active on a panel.

If you want to make your own multi-step macros, just use multi-action buttons and hotkey buttons.
You don't need to use the plugin to make such macros.
(although the static buttons can now be used in multi-action buttons, in the most recent version of the plugin)

for a multi-step macro tutorial, see here :
https://youtu.be/4XNHBH58DuQ
(I don't think that they use this plugin in the video)

You can also look into voiceattack+EDDI (see related threads in this forum) where you can make really elaborate scripts yourself.

Last edited:
@mhwing
All of a sudden it seems that even though I have not changed anything and the actual buttons work, they don't change over like they are not getting a response. Any ideas?

Check the log file in the plugin directory
Try to restart the streamdeck software

Thank you very much. Believe it or not it was actually an issue between Norton and Elite. After the update it didn't want to allow it to communicate the status back for some reason. It ended up interfering with your plugin and HCS as well

Hi!

Its an awesome job what have you done here. Please i need to know if there is any way to make it works for Elite Dangerous from Epic Store

I have no way to test that. I have the steam version.
What directories are the event log files in and what directory are the binding files in?

For the steam version the bindings would be here
%LocalAppData%\Frontier Developments\Elite Dangerous\Options\Bindings\

Last edited:
I have the game on both steam and epic. Didn't change anything at all and it works. Bindings and settings are stored (and shared) in the same place.
Even the Fip panels show the correct commander and profile when switching between accounts.

Ok thanks ,
then @KkoVaaS please check the plugin log files for errors.
I also don't know if the directories are different if the steam version wasn't installed first. And if @KkoVaaS uses a standard or custom binding?

This is a good point.
My steam version was installed first. I am also using custom settings and bindings (renamed file and inside the file)
These worked right away, didn't even have to select them.
(The shared stuff caught me off guard when I set route to eco in the newbie Epic account and that was still applied when I logged over to the main account 😅)

Ok thanks ,
then @KkoVaaS please check the plugin log files for errors.
I also don't know if the directories are different if the steam version wasn't installed first. And if @KkoVaaS uses a standard or custom binding?
Hi sorry for late reply, I didnt have the Notification from Forum...

The log file sends errors:

0-11-28 10:35:25.1460|ERROR|BarRaider.SdTools.Logger|file not found C:\Users\Ali Nahle\AppData\Local\Frontier Developments\Elite Dangerous\Options\Bindings\KeyboardMouseOnly.3.0.binds
2020-11-28 10:35:25.1460|ERROR|BarRaider.SdTools.Logger|file not found C:\Users\Ali Nahle\AppData\Local\Frontier Developments\Elite Dangerous\Options\Bindings\KeyboardMouseOnly.binds
2020-11-28 10:35:25.1819|FATAL|BarRaider.SdTools.Logger|Elite Api: System.NullReferenceException: Referencia a objeto no establecida como instancia de un objeto.

Directory for Binds appears to be the same
AppData\Local\Frontier Developments\Elite Dangerous\Options\Bindings

And I have 2 Files there:
Custom.3.0.binds
StartPreset.start

I dont have the one than the game its looking for: KeyboardMouseOnly.3.0.binds

KeyboardMouseOnly.3.0.binds is a default binding

these files are in a special steam directory:

....\steamapps\common\Elite Dangerous\Products\elite-dangerous-64\ControlSchemes

which you don't have, so the plugin stopped working.

I need to know what this directory is for the epic version.

If you switch to a custom binding (which you probably already have) then restart the streamdeck application (to restart the plugin),
then it should work....
If not, please post the full log file and binding file and startpreset.start files here.

I am guessing that, by default, the standard keybindings for the epic store version would be here :

C:\Program Files\Epic Games\EliteDangerous\Products\elite-dangerous-64\ControlSchemes

Can somebody check that ?

Also, In the following directory there should be one .item file for elite dangerous (these files contains json text data):

C:\ProgramData\Epic\EpicGamesLauncher\Data\Manifests

I specifically need to know what these two json fields contain for Elite Dangerous exactly:
(below my own example for another epic store game)

"DisplayName": "Satisfactory Early Access",
"InstallLocation": "d:\\Epic Games\\SatisfactoryEarlyAccess",

Last edited:
I am guessing that, by default, the standard keybindings for the epic store version would be here :

C:\Program Files\Epic Games\EliteDangerous\Products\elite-dangerous-64\ControlSchemes

Can somebody check that ?

Also, In the following directory there should be one .item file for elite dangerous (these files contains json text data):

C:\ProgramData\Epic\EpicGamesLauncher\Data\Manifests

I specifically need to know what these two json fields contain for Elite Dangerous exactly:
(below my own example for another epic store game)

"DisplayName": "Satisfactory Early Access",
"InstallLocation": "d:\\Epic Games\\SatisfactoryEarlyAccess",

Already Fixed, I just copied (Custom.3.0.binds ) and renamed (KeyboardMouseOnly.3.0.binds), Now the buttons with binding like Motor, Sistem and Arms are working, the rest I dont really know because the buttons are not showing any images, Should I program the images?

Could you please answer my two questions, so that I can change the plugin to work with standard bindings in epic store version?

>Should I program the images?

Yes, when you install the plugin, no images are included.
You either need to provide your own images
(or download the example button images from github)

please see instructions on github

Last edited:
Could you please look at my two questions, so that I can change the plugin to work with standard bindings in epic store version?

Yes, when you install the plugin, no images are included.
You either need to provide your own images
(or download the example button images from github)

please see instructions on github

Hi, Thanks for all your support, of course.

The Default Elite Dangerous Path for the bindings are

For the .item here is the complete manifest, please note that I installed Elite Dangeorus on D: and not C:

{
"FormatVersion": 0,
"bIsIncompleteInstall": false,
"AppVersionString": "3.7.07.248832 (0.4.6661.0)",
"LaunchCommand": "/Epic",
"LaunchExecutable": "EDLaunch.exe",
"ManifestLocation": "D:\\Program Files\\Epic Games\\EliteDangerous/.egstore",
"bIsApplication": true,
"bIsExecutable": true,
"bIsManaged": false,
"bNeedsValidation": false,
"bRequiresAuth": true,
"bCanRunOffline": true,
"AppName": "9c203b6ed35846e8a4a9ff1e314f6593",
"BaseURLs": [
"http://epicgames-download1.akamaize...25mx/f92ad09c5eb84033825d8ee1741172b8/default",
"http://download.epicgames.com/Build...25mx/f92ad09c5eb84033825d8ee1741172b8/default",
"http://download2.epicgames.com/Buil...25mx/f92ad09c5eb84033825d8ee1741172b8/default",
"http://download3.epicgames.com/Buil...25mx/f92ad09c5eb84033825d8ee1741172b8/default",
"http://download4.epicgames.com/Buil...25mx/f92ad09c5eb84033825d8ee1741172b8/default"
],
"BuildLabel": "Live",
"CatalogItemId": "9b8ee44da2e84b139c7444ab002cbc35",
"CatalogNamespace": "3db17abfd650423f993291624b1b2ac1",
"AppCategories": [
"public",
"games",
"applications"
],
"ChunkDbs": [],
"CompatibleApps": [],
"DisplayName": "Elite Dangerous",
"FullAppName": "9c203b6ed35846e8a4a9ff1e314f6593: Live",
"InstallationGuid": "2CA445BB4B88E7C7D3BB8CA99C00D2F5",
"InstallLocation": "D:\\Program Files\\Epic Games\\EliteDangerous",
"InstallSessionId": "***",
"InstallTags": [],
"InstallComponents": [],
"HostInstallationGuid": "00000000000000000000000000000000",
"PrereqIds": [
"DirectXJun2010Redist"
],

Ok thanks,

Just be be sure :

The Default Elite Dangerous Path for the bindings are

On you PC, that is on D: disk right ? :

D:\Program Files\Epic Games\EliteDangerous\Products\elite-dangerous-64\ControlSchemes

Last edited:
version 2.2.9

fix numpad enter problem (thanks keathmilligan)

add support for default keybindings for epic store version (untested)

Top Bottom