ANNOUNCEMENT Game Balancing

kinda is ..they said painite will be 600000 per ton instead we get 230000
No they said the maximum price for Painite would be 600,000, but you will only see that when the BGS is in the right states. Conversely other commodities have seen a massive buff. Rhodplumsite was over 800,000 earlier. Whoever thought mining that would be worth doing?!

Ok, so getting 12t of Tritium every 2 hours --- 4 hours if you have only one ship --- is an exploit. Playing two ships at the same time in your personal wing is not an exploit?

SCNR
No, I SPECIFICALLY said it is an EXPLOIT and since I find it BOOORRRING I am not going to do it.
Besides, as best I can tell, only a limited number of Stations buy it and unless the F___ C(ommoner) is willing to pay 10 X GA for it so maybe they can be bankrupted so they lose the F___ C(ommoner), so maybe the Frontier Servers become stable so the PG and Wing issues go away, I will not sell to one of them.

No they said the maximum price for Painite would be 600,000, but you will only see that when the BGS is in the right states. Conversely other commodities have seen a massive buff. Rhodplumsite was over 800,000 earlier. Whoever thought mining that would be worth doing?!
I prefer platinum. :)

You must be new with the game then. :)
Ships & parts costs are in line with E: D 1.0 earnings, when credits had some meaning and took some effort to amass.
FDEV even came down on exploits and took ill-gained credits away on occasion.

Somehow the earning potential of a couple of activities creeped upwards, and eventually some others got buffs in patches.
Last year the situation was bad enough, but it seemed to be controllable, only a couple of exploits (like Robigo runs) gave ludicrous money, but you still needed only a few hours to get enough Cr to buy & equip the 'next ship'.

Come on Fleet Carriers and endless whining that "everyone" "must" get one immediately.
That's whe it all went full poopoo, and obnoxious exploit levels suddenly became the 'norm' folk became to expect and even to demand.

Now that FDEV, all too late, tries to bring some sort of semblance of balance back, the cattle react with autistic "!! NERF!! BOOHOO!!" without even trying to look around and appreciate other possibilities that may have suddenly become 'viable*'.

*they were always there, but the sheep just wants to exploit and get everything NOW
And you care, why? Does any "exploit" hurt your game in any possible way? Why do people want to be the game "exploits" police? Just play your way and don't worry about Joe Noob with 10 hours in that buys his Conda. Like this hurts anything? There's still a TON of ENG to do, buy very expensive modules, and all that. Why make it painful to just get the ship, on top of all that needs to be done to it?

No, I SPECIFICALLY said it is an EXPLOIT and since I find it BOOORRRING I am not going to do it.
Besides, as best I can tell, only a limited number of Stations buy it and unless the F___ C(ommoner) is willing to pay 10 X GA for it so maybe they can be bankrupted so they lose the F___ C(ommoner), so maybe the Frontier Servers become stable so the PG and Wing issues go away, I will not sell to one of them.

Then what's the problem?

Quite a few stations buy Tritium. When I entered the game a couple days ago to verify something, I made good money by buying a T9 full of it at one station and selling it at another station one jump away. The price difference was about 10000 credits per ton. I could have been going back and forth many times.

Maybe it was an EXPLOIT because commodity prices had gone into a direction that can be assumed to be INTENDED by BALANCING. I haven't done that because it would have been "BOOORRRING", and it is something better being automated.

You keep saying it's taking you hours to get your commanders logged in while your family is getting in the way and so many things aren't working. Why don't you play another game you like better wich is not boring?

If any one thing pays many times more than all other activities people will do that as the easy option because popular culture tells us to follow the money and greed is good, this is bad for the game because it will give the impression the game is all about that activity.

It should be possible to get equally rich doing anything in the game for similar amounts of play time that won’t happen while mining pays ‘x‘ times more than the other activities.

So I must be in the impression it's all about combat? I ffing hate the combat in this game. I'm finding it lame, stale, boring: take on the "hero' and defend structures/ fight pirates or take part in conflict zones, look funny by accident on 1 of your """allies""" and the whole bunch immediately turn against you. That's making me poking my eyes out of joy! Thrilling as hell to pay 90% of my attention towards said allies if they decide to fly straight to my firing solutions (while getting friendly fire on me left and right in the mean time).

But we can say "mission accomplished." I just saw the news of the combat buff. I agree that was needed, don't get me wrong. But I still don't give a FF about combat, even now it pays 50 credits more.

Now I'm on an exploration expedition. Deep into the Perseus arm. And I cashed in data at a carrier. Netted me 250M-ish. perhaps I shouldn't have mentioned this: it yielded me very nice cash and more importantly: I highly enjoy exploring. I certainly hope the pew-pew cry babies are going to nag this should get the nerf hammer as well....

Of course, after 10 months in-game and me finally getting around to giving mining a whirl, THIS is the time they choose to nerf mining payouts. Spectacular.

Don't worry though. Now it's not rinse and repeat on two, at most three commodities (boring!!!) mining is one of the more involving activities in the game. I'd still do it no matter what it paid. You've got everything from advanced trade to combat/evasion to get good at and is a great way to becoming an all round pilot.

Of course, after 10 months in-game and me finally getting around to giving mining a whirl, THIS is the time they choose to nerf mining payouts. Spectacular.
That's exactly what happened to me. I rushed to get a Core miner outfitted for some "Golden Egg" LTD rock way out in the middle of nowhere and the DAY I was going to go mine that sucker, they killed it! I was Pssed! Some rant on here from me about it. However, I learned that VO's (and LTD if that's your thing) are all over, paid more and are a blast, literally, to mine! So, I found a spot and been milking it ever since, right in the Bubble. Pay was good, always about $1.3M a ton, and used my Krait MKII with 128t of cargo. So, would mine about once a week and pull in about $200M a trip. Mind you, even then, finding VOs was not easy, it took a good 4 hours to load up that 128t, so it's always been work, but fun and profitable, as it should be. Then, along comes FDEV, screw up the PWA AND, to add insult to injury, screw up VO prices too. Thanks guys! Rock on! Love your development style of hurting players, long before fixing or upgrading basic stuff that's been sitting needing updating for years! Ah, hmm... bookmarks... module storage...

Last edited:
Don't worry though. Now it's not rinse and repeat on two, at most three commodities (boring!!!) mining is one of the more involving activities in the game. I'd still do it no matter what it paid. You've got everything from advanced trade to combat/evasion to get good at and is a great way to becoming an all round pilot.

And that is the upside ... now hotspot mining presents more opportunities for profitable assets regardless of whether a core is yielding the "target" commodity. I was mining Benitoite hotspots the other week when the price spiked; while my chosen "Benitoite hotspots" were hit-or-miss for actual Benitoite (only came out with maybe 100t of the stuff) I came out with another 1000t of Alexandrite, Grandiderite, Monazite, Serendibite, LTDs, and enough Tritium to fly it all back to the bubble as I was hitting those cores left and right.

So the tradeoff is a lower unit price but a much higher unit-per-hour yield. While a newcomer to the mining mechanic I would much rather have my time occupied with blasting cores and scraping chunks than hunting down the rare core with that wonky-af PWS.

Still, the coincident timing of this "balancing" with my entry into said activity ... I mean, sometimes you gotta laugh to keep from crying.

And that is the upside ... now hotspot mining presents more opportunities for profitable assets regardless of whether a core is yielding the "target" commodity. I was mining Benitoite hotspots the other week when the price spiked; while my chosen "Benitoite hotspots" were hit-or-miss for actual Benitoite (only came out with maybe 100t of the stuff) I came out with another 1000t of Alexandrite, Grandiderite, Monazite, Serendibite, LTDs, and enough Tritium to fly it all back to the bubble as I was hitting those cores left and right.

So the tradeoff is a lower unit price but a much higher unit-per-hour yield. While a newcomer to the mining mechanic I would much rather have my time occupied with blasting cores and scraping chunks than hunting down the rare core with that wonky-af PWS.

Still, the coincident timing of this "balancing" with my entry into said activity ... I mean, sometimes you gotta laugh to keep from crying.
What are you using to mine Cores with, that you can come out with these kind of haul's? 1000t+? You're not mining Cores with a Cutter, I would assume. I am going to need to report this suspicious gameplay activity! Ha!

That's exactly what happened to me. I rushed to get a Core miner outfitted for some "Golden Egg" LTD rock way out in the middle of nowhere and the DAY I was going to go mine that sucker, they killed it! I was Pssed! Some rant on here from me about it. However, I learned that VO's (and LTD if that's your thing) are all over, paid more and are a blast, literally, to mine! So, I found a spot and been milking it ever since, right in the Bubble. Pay was good, always about $1.3M a ton, and used my Krait MKII with 128t of cargo. So, would mine about once a week and pull in about $200M a trip. Mind you, even then, finding VOs was not easy, it took a good 4 hours to load up that 128t, so it's always been work, but fun and profitable, as it should be. Then, along comes FDEV, screw up the PWA AND, to add insult to injury, screw up VO prices too. Thanks guys! Rock on! Love your development style of hurting players, long before fixing or upgrading basic stuff that's been sitting needing updating for years! Ah, hmm... bookmarks... module storage...
I was mining VO when the best price you could get was 800,000 if you were lucky cos I enjoyed it and it was nice and quiet while everyone else was out at Borann making billions mining LTD’s. Now it looks like I can diversify and go and mine Rhodplumsite or some other core and still make a decent return. When the PWA is working you should be able to get 128t in an hour or so. I got 192t in just under 3 hours a couple of weeks ago with the bust PWA.

What are you using to mine Cores with, that you can come out with these kind of haul's? 1000t+? You're not mining Cores with a Cutter, I would assume. I am going to need to report this suspicious gameplay activity! Ha!

I have both an Anaconda and Cutter currently outfitted for mining duty, though I'm leaning towards the 'Conda for better maneuverability. Only have 256t cargo capacity on the 'Conda but that's about the point at which my eyes glaze over anyway and I'm ready for a trip back to the fleet carrier to offload, restock fuel and limpets, and repair the inevitable damage that occurs while banging around asteroid fragments. So the ~1100t I was talking about is the total from probably five or six individual runs into the hotspot itself.

I have both an Anaconda and Cutter currently outfitted for mining duty, though I'm leaning towards the 'Conda for better maneuverability. Only have 256t cargo capacity on the 'Conda but that's about the point at which my eyes glaze over anyway and I'm ready for a trip back to the fleet carrier to offload, restock fuel and limpets, and repair the inevitable damage that occurs while banging around asteroid fragments. So the ~1100t I was talking about is the total from probably five or six individual runs into the hotspot itself.
Gottcha. Nice work. My eyes glaze over trying to fill 128t with 6 in the hopper, in my Krait. About all I can take. Ha! ;)

By the way, for anyone new that wants to make some money and MATS. Robigo is your place. Used to be better, as I understand, as with so much in the way of making money in this game. Anyway, I was doing these runs, for about 4 hours with lots of smoke breaks and even dinner, and doing them ONLY for MATS and still pulled in over $100M for that time. Had I been doing the runs for the money, could have done $100M in less than an hour, about. Get it while it's good, and fill up on those G5s! It's a win win :) Without areas like Robigo, this game would be FAR to much work, in MAT grinding alone. This is an example of GOOD, not EVIL. :LOL:

You're going to need to buy and outfit, light ENG, a Python through, so for you Die Hards, there's still sweat involved!

money.png

By the way, for anyone new that wants to make some money and MATS. Robigo is your place. Used to be better, as I understand, as with so much in the way of making money in this game. Anyway, I was doing these runs, for about 4 hours with lots of smoke breaks and even dinner, and doing them ONLY for MATS and still pulled in over $100M for that time. Had I been doing the runs for the money, could have done $100M in less than an hour, about. Get it while it's good, and fill up on those G5s! It's a win win :) Without areas like Robigo, this game would be FAR to much work, in MAT grinding alone. This is an example of GOOD, not EVIL. :LOL:

You're going to need to buy and outfit, light ENG, a Python through, so for you Die Hards, there's still sweat involved!

View attachment 197685
Honestly don’t think getting mats is that bad. Since they buffed it to 3 mats per drop you can hoover stuff up quite quickly. (Yes I DID say BUFF, FDev can buff!) Crystalline shards for G4 raw, signal sources and bounty hunting for manufactured and Jameson’s Cobra and scan everything for data. My bins are all bulging right now.

Honestly don’t think getting mats is that bad. Since they buffed it to 3 mats per drop you can hoover stuff up quite quickly. (Yes I DID say BUFF, FDev can buff!) Crystalline shards for G4 raw, signal sources and bounty hunting for manufactured and Jameson’s Cobra and scan everything for data. My bins are all bulging right now.
Yeah, once you learn where everything is, it's just a go and do thing. Still, it's a grind though. My biggest gripe is RAWS. Sometimes, you have no choice but to just go shot rocks on some planet for Arsenic or whatever and hope it drops! I get a feeling of excitement when I see a rock drop what I am after, it's like Prospecting that asteroid and seeing Core VO!. Haha!

Yeah, once you learn where everything is, it's just a go and do thing. Still, it's a grind though. My biggest gripe is RAWS. Sometimes, you have no choice but to just go shot rocks on some planet for Arsenic or whatever and hope it drops! I get a feeling of excitement when I see a rock drop what I am after, it's like Prospecting that asteroid and seeing Core VO!. Haha!
You have better results searching geo or biological sites in the bubble. EDDB.IO has search facilities by material and you can find the percentage on each planet. Check out the highest percentage in a reasonable distance then scan them for geo or bio sites. Drop in and start filling up. Recently filled up on Cadmium by trading down Ruthenium then topping upon that.

You have better results searching geo or biological sites in the bubble. EDDB.IO has search facilities by material and you can find the percentage on each planet. Check out the highest percentage in a reasonable distance then scan them for geo or bio sites. Drop in and start filling up. Recently filled up on Cadmium by trading down Ruthenium then topping upon that.
Those are, almost, always my first stop, the GEO sites, for sure! Look for some good Crystalline Structures, or whatever they're called ;)

Top Bottom