Game Discussions Star Citizen Discussion Thread v12

Shamelessly stolen from SA:

Sarsapariller, stuffing bodies into his spaceship: "No officer, you don't understand! This is an alpha!"

Sunswipe: Start selling NPC dead bodies that people can put in their ships... Make them look like the developers, let Chris Roberts be your copilot! Have a Ben Lesnick in your cargo bay!

Star Citizen really does allow all sort of gameplay never even envisioned by any other game developer!

It brings a tear to my eye when i go home at night and think about all the wonderful mechanics CIG are making.

CR is truly a genius of the highest order.

On what are you basing that? CIG's statements of 1000s of players on a single (set of) servers?
Just extrapoling if CIG completly fail dynamic server meshing and stay on static servers tech with max 50 players by system (the current alpha tech)
I will not use larger numbers here, everyone think CIG is unable to get better.

The average can't be 50 when 50 is the maximum.
1606806617628.png

1606806530515.png

In Star Citizen, number of players per server reach 30000!

Last edited:
It might be fun to go back and do the elementary mathematics of stack, noding, overhead, bandwidth,and latency requirements for 1000's of simultaneous players in one instance - for those new to the show or who simply may have forgotten with the ravages of time :D

CI-G can't do it

BTW Mount&Blade Warband had over 100 players in one servers. I used to play in the line battles and was meeting players unrandomly all the time. True, the maps were smaller, but there was always THAT one guy trying to hide in a bush and snipe. One day our seargent moved our line neatly into enfilade position for the enemy cannon. We called it out but he wouldn't listen. I've never seen so many instant GGs coming up like then.

View attachment 197676
In Star Citizen, number of players per server reaches 30K!
You maybe get confused a bit 30k per server is totally normal.....he talking about players per instance....players that you can actually see when you play SC........and yeah number 50 is still just a dream FPS drastically drops in game when you have dozen of players in proximity as you could see this recently in that "flying-whales"video...

Frames per seconds are horrible not because a weak machine/PC(imagine a whale who invest few k$ in SC but have potato rig right...you can't)they are horrible because horrendous networking.....but hey 5 years back even this was not possible so who knows let's give CIG just couple of decades more and maybe they will solve this minor problem....

Last edited:
You maybe get confused a bit 30k per server is totally normal.....he talking about players per instance....players that you can actually see when you play SC........and yeah number 50 is still just a dream FPS drastically drops in game when you have dozen of players in proximity as you could see this recently in that "flying-whales"video...

Frames per seconds are horrible not because a weak machine(imagine a whale who invest few k$ in SC but have potato rig right...you can't)they are horrible because horrendous networking.....but hey few years back even this was not possible so who knows let's give CIG couple of decades more and maybe they will solve this minor problem....
You know the fps is bad when you can count it yourself. 😴

The rest of your insinuation goes down the drain too with that. the reason you see players meeting at the hacking point is because it's an artificial bottleneck, not many players meeting randomly.
I don't remember having said players where meeting randomly in general.
Players meet at POI or because the game make them artificially meet with creation of opposing/concurrent missions. For instance when you are hacking, the game create a security mission to stop your hacking. Everyone with good reputation get this mission on screen, you just have to click ok to have a marker pointing to the hacker on the map.
Stanton is huge for 50 players, hard to meet someone at a totally random point.

Except we know thats not the case.

You can engage in that most Elite Dangerous of gameplay mechanics and log out, perform a 'mode hol' and log back into vanilla ED and you'll appear above the planet in your ship unharmed.

No, that doesn't work if your ship is blown up, and you do that you get the rebuy screen! That only works if you are stuck on some scenery or down a hole where your ship can't land and your ship is still in one piece. It would be useful, before commenting on game mechanics, if you actually knew what they were.

Top Bottom