Too many Carriers !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Well, it's not working like that. They're designed to be stations and they act like that.
So the moment you accept that a Carrier is a mobile station and not a ship it will be easier to deal with the clog of carriers.
I still find it amazing that they manage to allow a station to move within 20 minutes and have it synchronized with the Galaxy Map and thousands of players.

And really, the filters work really well - if you never plan to land at a carrier just filter them out in the filters. Check everything, leave Carriers out.
That's how i proceeded with the past 2 trade CG - i never used my own carrier and i did normal trucking between 2 stations, 1 jump away - i filtered the Carriers out and it didnt bother me that the CG Systems were littered with Carriers.
With all do respect please stop with the filter, filtering out wont solve that problem.

This a game, Im trying to improve the game. What is going on in the world, I dont care, Trump LOST get over it.

I'm not American. What has politics got to do with anything? Just proves you have nothing constructive to say here.

Look, Carriers upset a lot of people. But, they are here, and with FDev's focus on other things, they aren't going to change. Your statements are that there are too many. Great. FDev isn't going to remove them. Your power here is to find your own way of playing and ignore them. Turn the filter on and get on with the game. If you can't, then that's the end of it for now.

I'm not American. What has politics got to do with anything? Just proves you have nothing constructive to say here.

Look, Carriers upset a lot of people off. But, they are here, and with FDev's focus on other things, they aren't going to change. Your statements are that there are too many. Great. FDev isn't going to remove them. Your power here is to find your own way of playing and ignore them. Turn the filter on and get on with the game. If you can't, then that's the end of it for now.
People dont need EDing !! WE PEOPLE WANT CLEAR SPACE !

How many populated systems in the game there are without a carrier in them ? NON. Carriers are like a Virus...they spread faster then the Universe itself.
Like a Smith in Matrix. LOL :)))

With all do respect please stop with the filter, filtering out wont solve that problem.

It actually does and it is the solution.
You not accepting it, is part of your problem

In the beta we were not able to filter carriers out, glad they listened and updated the filters - they are not perfect indeed, but they are good enough.

How many populated systems in the game there are without a carrier in them ? NON. Carriers are like a Virus...they spread faster then the Universe itself.

So you want numbers?
The estimated (regular) player base is about 200,000 - 300,000 players ( maybe more with the current Epic influx, but not sure if they can count as regulars :) )
The bubble has about 20,000 populated systems
There are about 16,000 - 17,000 carriers.

Ofcourse they will get everywhere and ofcourse the popular systems will get littered with them
And FD stated that they wish for every player to eventually get a carrier.
So get used to them cause they will be there for like forever (both my carriers will - they are funded for more than 10 years :D )

In the beta we were not able to filter carriers out, glad they listened and updated the filters - they are not perfect indeed, but they are good enough.

So you want numbers?
The estimated (regular) player base is about 200,000 - 300,000 players ( maybe more with the current Epic influx, but not sure if they can count as regulars :) )

Ofcourse they will get everywhere and ofcourse the popular systems will get littered with them
So get used to them cause they will be there for like forever (both my carriers will - they are funded for more than 10 years :D )
What a shame, what this game came to. I whole bunch of bullies. I wish I could bring my Mirage ship from First Encounter and destroy all your carriers. Live long and prosper. May force be with you.
Shame on YOU.

So you want numbers?

What a shame, what this game came to. I whole bunch of bullies. I wish I could bring my Mirage ship from First Encounter and destroy all your carriers. Live long and prosper. May force be with you.
Shame on YOU.

So you want numbers?

Shame on YOU.

I must reply to my own message because that is a beast of a point in to this conversation.

I dont care who you are or who you play for, you all know that I have a good point. THERE IS TOO MANY CARRIERS !!!!
No you don't.
As others have clearly stated already, if you don't want a long list of FC's in your panel, then simply filter them out. Easy.
You also seem to imply that every system is full of 1000's of carriers, when it is in fact only a very small percentage.

If you calculate the estimated space distribution of highly trafficked space lanes using estimated projection of population, technology, and conventional space hauling with space ships, the number of 'carriers' in ED is very low.

A more accurate representation of a ED universe, considering the population and technology used, would let the sky be filled with billions of ships in highly populated, high technology systems.

The number of carriers is not the problem.
The knowledge and the design behind and about how to use the filters, is.

In our estimated real future, the filter function of any space travel system will be one of the most important functions of all. Not only to reduce cluttering the information, but to find and process meaningful data for the controllers/pilots.

While I agree with your point that there may be too many carriers, each one is leased to a player and as long as they’re paying their rent they can park them pretty much anywhere they like. As for uninhabited systems, the DSSA carrier deployment may be a fraction of the total but I assure you, they’re out there, and you’ll be thankful for them when you’re 25kly+ from home.

Maybe suggesting small improvements to the game, rather than petulantly demanding the devs remove a significant player investment because you’re too lazy to use the filter in the nav panel (which works a treat by the way) would be a more productive use of everybody’s time.

*not a carrier owner

Carriers should be removed from Filter and should be removed as Space stations. They should be added as Stationary Ships and be classified as under Heavy Ship stationed in the system. Enough said, they should not be listed in a system list of planets and stations, only and maybe as substations ( not listen in system listing ). Carriers should be listed in contact list, like any other ships. Jump range should be cut down to 50 LY with upgrade available and with 1 week process to move it. I will keep my ideas coming........tbc.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom