Too many Carriers !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
This is going to be my last post on this. I am not going to waste more energy. There are times that you can lead the horse to water and present them a solution, ie drink from the water. But if the horse does not want to drink or in your case listen then there is very little point in attempting to do so.

You are welcome to your fleeting ideas and I know from experience this mindset will change in time and there are workable solutions to this issue. Little point me saying much more. I wish you the best.

This is going to be my last post on this. I am not going to waste more energy. There are times that you can lead the horse to water and present them a solution, ie drink from the water. But if the horse does not want to drink or in your case listen then there is very little point in attempting to do so.

You are welcome to your fleeting ideas and I know from experience this mindset will change in time and there are workable solutions to this issue. Little point me saying much more. I wish you the best.
Thank You for your consideration and I hope your idea wont get this game less new players :) Horse is drowning because there is too much water around.

Last edited:
I have to agree. Aside from annoyingly clogging up the system list, it also breaks immersion seeing all these supposedly expensive and what you would assume to be more rare ships filling up systems.

it is not about filtering. 90% of the players dont have carriers and never will. It makes finding target station much harder with all that garbage carriers flooding around.

As been said, use filters. It's an easy solution.

New players dont know how to look on system map, you know how to filter them out, I play this game for few years On and Off, I played Elite and Elite: first encounter. I dont know how to filter them out and my point is I shouldnt have to. My point is they should not be listed in a systems Plante and Station list. That is a Planet and Station list only, not a Ship list.

New players don't have problems. They take it as it is.
Usually it's the old players being recalcitrant :)

And no. Carriers are stations, not ships. And it is appropriate to be listed in the Nav Panel.

TOO MANY EXCLAMATION MARKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

😜

But I agree. All of you who have a carrier (except me, of course) decommission!

the filters should never filter out your own carrier. This is the biggest gripe I have with carriers.
Except orange sidewinders, I hate orange sidewinders.

As been said, use filters. It's an easy solution.

New players don't have problems. They take it as it is.
Usually it's the old players being recalcitrant :)
Just a point. Im not a new player and it is very annoying and takes a lot from and how this game used to be played, having a 100+ carriers in a system is a BAD thing, not a good innovation. It is annoying and I dont care I can filter them out. Still they should not be there at all. Turn Carriers in to a Huge Ships, NOT A SPACE STATIONS !!!!

TOO MANY EXCLAMATION MARKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

😜

But I agree. All of you who have a carrier (except me, of course, decommission!)

the filters should never filter out your own carrier. This is the biggest gripe I have with carriers.
Except orange sidewinders, I hate orange sidewinders.
Thank You.

Turn carriers in to huge ships, NOT A SPACE STATIONS !!!!
Owner can land on and repair and refuel them selfs like it supposed to be

Just turn them off!! It takes two seconds and then it’s done...

It’s about as much effort as switching economic route to fastest route.

I guess it would be nice if they were also toggled off in the system map at the same time but it’s not a big deal...

If you were complaining that FC’s are making the game less stable (which I strongly believe they are) then I could totally get behind your argument...

...but knicker twisting about something that’s already within your control to fix isn’t. Especially when you’ve now posted two discussions to try and drive home your pointless point.

Just turn them off!! It takes two seconds and then it’s done...

It’s about as much effort as switching economic route to fastest route.

I guess it would be nice if they were also toggled off in the system map at the same time but it’s not a big deal...

If you were complaining that FC’s are making the game less stable (which I strongly believe they are) then I could totally get behind your argument...

...but knicker twisting about something that’s already within your control to fix isn’t. Especially when you’ve now posted two discussions to try and drive home your pointless point.
It is not about turning them off.... it is not about economics. Dont you see whats going on ? you creating antiFrontier.

Here's a couple of ideas:

1. Don't go to those systems.
2. Don't play the game. Play Frontier instead.
3. Go outside and see the real world.

Unless you have something constructive to ask here ("Not a space station" is not constructuve), or of FDev, you're moaning. The filter works fine. New players can use it just fine (3 people I know just started playing and none of those are moaning).

Why do you keep spamming the same thing? FDev isn't changing this now. If it's that bad, just go somewhere else.

Here's a couple of ideas:

1. Don't go to those systems.
2. Don't play the game. Play Frontier instead.
3. Go outside and see the real world.

Unless you have something constructive to ask here ("Not a space station" is not constructuve), or of FDev, you're moaning. The filter works fine. New players can use it just fine (3 people I know just started playing and none of those are moaning).

Why do you keep spamming the same thing? FDev isn't changing this now. If it's that bad, just go somewhere else.
I admire you hate me and you may hate everybody that may cause you harm. That is not changing a one simple fact. Im RIGHT.

I admire you heat me and you may hate everybody that may cause you harm. That is not changing a one simple fact. Im RIGHT.

No, you have an "opinion". I have no idea what "heat me" means, nor do I hate you or anyone else. You are simply moaning about nothing, and honestly, there are SO many things to moan about in this world, working out how a toggle works in a menu is really not on the list.

Please find something more important to worry about. Enjoy the game, or don't.

No, you have an "opinion". I have no idea what "heat me" means, nor do I hate you or anyone else. You are simply moaning about nothing, and honestly, there are SO many things to moan about in this world, working out how a toggle works in a menu is really not on the list.

Please find something more important to worry about. Enjoy the game, or don't.
This a game, Im trying to improve the game. What is going on in the world, I dont care, Trump LOST get over it.

Turn carriers in to huge ships, NOT A SPACE STATIONS !!!!
Owner can land on and repair and refuel them selfs like it supposed to be

Well, it's not working like that. They're designed to be stations and they act like that.
So the moment you accept that a Carrier is a mobile station and not a ship it will be easier to deal with the clog of carriers.
I still find it amazing that they manage to allow a station to move within 20 minutes and have it synchronized with the Galaxy Map and thousands of players.

And really, the filters work really well - if you never plan to land at a carrier just filter them out in the filters. Check everything, leave Carriers out.
That's how i proceeded with the past 2 trade CG - i never used my own carrier and i did normal trucking between 2 stations, 1 jump away - i filtered the Carriers out and it didnt bother me that the CG Systems were littered with Carriers.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom