Soooo... alpha is when? ;p

I'll stick with my original estimate of before the end of their financial year (end of April I think?).

They've got to have something out by then (barring force majeure).

My opinion is it will start just as soon as they get the bugs in the launcher sorted, so last half of December for Alpha, then a two week break for sorting bugs and fixing stuff, the beta the end of January into February, then another break to fix stuff and release in March some time, barring unforeseen game breaking issues found in the alpha or beta of course.

My opinion is it will start just as soon as they get the bugs in the launcher sorted, so last half of December for Alpha, then a two week break for sorting bugs and fixing stuff, the beta the end of January into February, then another break to fix stuff and release in March some time, barring unforeseen game breaking issues found in the alpha or beta of course.
I was thinking 6 week blocks for beta and alpha and that could included a break like you suggest.
Which would put Alpha starting in February by my guess.
I think December is too early

I'm still on my old bet - we'll get any alpha/beta access in Feb-March and full release in late Summer (Aug-Oct).

When it first appeared on Steam...
The update was to go live on 21 April...
Then was changed to 'early 2021'...

So... I will put my money on 28 August.
Cos' that's my birthday....🤷‍♂️

Remember the comment that there would be something "cool" in December. Was the trailer the something "cool"? I was also not expecting an Alpha, so it made me ponder the possibility of Alpha releasing pre Christmas and then added to post Christmas, in a similar fashion to the way Alpha and Beta worked on the initial release. So, maybe something like the improved planets. I am suspicious that we might have a new instancing system, perhaps even moving away from peer to peer for instances at planet level, so that glide transitions out of peer to peer.
EDIT: Just watched an OA YT from yesterday and he is saying earliest Alpha will be is 2021.

Last edited:
Top Bottom