Release EDRefCard - makes a printable reference card of your controller bindings

What fonts are used on the output page? I'm trying to do some fine tuning after printing to PDF, renaming some commands and adding some macro functions I set up in my joystick software. Also, since I use 4 pages for different modes (Ship, SRV, Fighter, Cameras) I wand to add to the title to differentiatethe pages.

Hi,

is there any chance the bug wit hthe Thrustmaster T-1600M dual will get fixed any soon?
The buttons on the left base are shown mirrored in the created chart. :(

/Theo

Hi,

is there any chance the bug wit hthe Thrustmaster T-1600M dual will get fixed any soon?
The buttons on the left base are shown mirrored in the created chart. :(

/Theo
This is problematic because the T.16000M doesn't indicate whether its switch is set to left-handed or right-handed in any way that sofware can detect, e.g. by changing the device ID. I have tested this with my own unit. Therefore there is nothing for EDRefCard to go on.

Before you ask, no I cannot assume that all dual-stick T.16000M pilots have switched their left-hand stick to be left-handed. Indeed the fact that you are the first person to report this issue suggests that most have not. If I were to assume that all dual-stick T.16000M pilots had switched, I'd probably get a bunch of bug reports from those that didn't.

The bottom line is that EDRefCard isn't really equipped to handle devices that can have multiple input mappings under the same device ID. This also applies to the newer Virpil kit, which really goes to town on the number of buttons. Sadly EDRefCard isn't really equipped to handle them either.

reference "ucmnmy"

XBox Series X controller is what isn't recognized. Used for SRV. T16000m and TWCS throttle both recognized perfectly.

So kinda disregard. I created the binding with the controller in Wireless mode. I was getting ed that if the controller shut itself down I would load into elite without my bindings set correctly. Rebound SRV with controller plugged in and reference card generates proper xbox image and bindings.

Last edited:
This is problematic because the T.16000M doesn't indicate whether its switch is set to left-handed or right-handed in any way that sofware can detect, e.g. by changing the device ID. I have tested this with my own unit. Therefore there is nothing for EDRefCard to go on.

Before you ask, no I cannot assume that all dual-stick T.16000M pilots have switched their left-hand stick to be left-handed. Indeed the fact that you are the first person to report this issue suggests that most have not. If I were to assume that all dual-stick T.16000M pilots had switched, I'd probably get a bunch of bug reports from those that didn't.

The bottom line is that EDRefCard isn't really equipped to handle devices that can have multiple input mappings under the same device ID. This also applies to the newer Virpil kit, which really goes to town on the number of buttons. Sadly EDRefCard isn't really equipped to handle them either.

You could do a checkbox or dropdown or other form of user input to ASK the user in those cases.

You could do a checkbox or dropdown or other form of user input to ASK the user in those cases.
The thought had of course occurred. But when we consider controllers like the new Virpil kit, that allow completely arbitrary mapping from physical buttons to DirectInput IDs, then the problem expands exponentially. I'm really not up for adding in support for reading and parsing random third-party settings files in order to map to DirectInput IDs.

Bottom line is that I can only support hardware whose device ID gives a well-defined mapping to physical buttons.

I think what I should do next is convert all the legacy Affinity Designer vector art files to SVG so that the source tree is entirely free of commercial dependencies.

The EDCD Discord is the place to be if you have technical skills and would like to help.

Hi I am using a Thrustmaster TFlightHotasOne (Xbox compatible variant of TFlightHotasX)
The main Differencie is that it has 3 Buttons more on the right flight stick that come on an xbox controller as well.

These images i shot myself.
View attachment 197754View attachment 197755View attachment 197756
But actually the pictures of the TFlighHotasX would work as well
Here ist a file from Thrustmaster:Layout for Hotas One
How could the TFLightHotasOne be added?

The thought had of course occurred. But when we consider controllers like the new Virpil kit, that allow completely arbitrary mapping from physical buttons to DirectInput IDs, then the problem expands exponentially. I'm really not up for adding in support for reading and parsing random third-party settings files in order to map to DirectInput IDs.
T.16000M is sort of a special case, because it has only 2 possible configurations, selected via a hardware switch. Supporting it would require user input, but otherwise it would be uncomplicated; even the graphics can be done by just flipping the existing image horizontally.

But I totally understand that it is a low priority issue for you. I use a left-handed T.16000M myself, but if I’m going to actually print my bindings, it’s quite easy to load an EDRefCard-generated image into an image editor and do the cut&paste work to get it right.

https://github.com/Rexeh/joystick-diagrams and I have one hundred percent ZERO idea what I'm doing trying to generate a keybinds ref card for Elite and my Gladiator NXT STD R, because the EDrefcard wont detect the stick.

So now I'm in a drawing program draw.io and i'm mapping my commands from the Elite settings controls window into the image by hand.

You have a device that is not supported at this time. Please report details of your device by following the link at the bottom of this page supplying the reference "novitw" and we will attempt to add support for it.

VKB Gladiator NXT L Premium and R Premium

I have an issue with edrefcard showing 4 Cougar MFD's despite I only have 2.
In the binds file, I can only find references to two Device="" DeviceIndex="" combinations as well. Any idea why this happens?

I have an issue with edrefcard showing 4 Cougar MFD's despite I only have 2.
In the binds file, I can only find references to two Device="" DeviceIndex="" combinations as well. Any idea why this happens?
Think I found the root of my problem... both MFDs are registered as MFD 1 in windows.
I have tried disconnecting and un-installing all the MFD devices, but they both still register as #1 when I reconnect. Anyone know how to fix that? I assume its some manual registry mod

You have a device that is not supported at this time. Please report details of your device by following the link at the bottom of this page supplying the reference "semjja" and we will attempt to add support for it.

Gladiator NXT Right.

Hello, very new to ED, could someone explain when looking at, for example an X52 refcard, and for example looking at a hat switch, there will be sometimes 4-6 actions bound to each direction and each action has its own color? How do you get that many actions, and is there a significance to the colors? I should probably just jump in and play, but I like to research a little before I start. Finally got my X52 in and want to understand as much as I can before I start playing. Thanks!

Top Bottom