What other games are we all playing?

To update (% of play time):
49% X4:F (Split Vendetta)
25% ME:Andromeda
25% No Man's Sky

Occasionally I'll open up Ultimate General Civil War or Steel Division II (to be sure they're patched up and working)
(1% ED - waiting for the next big content drop)

Have a nice day

I'm afraid to launch X4 again, I cannot remember what I was supposed to be doing.
I recall building huge fleets of ships from my own docks.

Out of curiosity, for those of you who truly play [insert game] INSTEAD of Elite Dangerous, what keeps you here on this ED forum? I'm not judging, because I myself am thinking it's time to move on to a social platform that focuses on [insert game]. For me the hard part is actually finding that social platform.

Out of curiosity, for those of you who truly play [insert game] INSTEAD of Elite Dangerous, what keeps you here on this ED forum? I'm not judging, because I myself am thinking it's time to move on to a social platform that focuses on [insert game]. For me the hard part is actually finding that social platform.
Geeks tend to congregate in social spots that contain acceptable company. :)

I like the crowd in this section of the forum. I tend to find some sort of love/hate relationship with ED which I can relate to, and it's also a generally older crowd with some experience/knowledge/interest in old school stuff. It's not the only place where I chat about games, but it has its own charming vibe. And every now and then, I'm only a couple clicks away from a quick glimpse at the state of ED. Plus it's not like I'll never play ED again, I go back occasionally for a few trips and to take a look at a couple recent additions.

Geeks tend to congregate in social spots that contain acceptable company. :)
Yeah but I get the feeling you're still invested in ED, so you may not be the target for my question. If you're not invested in ED, wouldn't you prefer a social spot of acceptable company that shares the same passion for [insert game of passion]?

FWIW, I understand the "gravity well" of the ED forum, especially since it's actually a decent software platform with relatively light-handed moderation. In contrast, Keen's official forum is pretty rubbish, last I checked. I just don't see the point hanging out at a bar where everyone is excited about football but I'd rather be talking about chess. 🤷

I've been here since ED was in Xbox GPP. Saying that, I can't remember the last time I posted anything in DD or the ED Xbox sections of the forum. I put it down to familiar faces, even though I stick mostly to the Star Citizen and general off topic sections these days.

I hang around on certain sections of Spectrum, the star citizen forum for the faithful...but I'm regularly banished from there, they don't do brutally critical...no siree :D

I kinda like being here, it follows the 'Cheers' philisophy....Where everybody knows your name :)

Not sure really.
I have played ED about 4 times, in the last year or so.
I would like to say, that I am taking part in ongoing conversations here, but that is not quite so; as I often take part in new threads.
I have considered things like twitter and even starting my own blog etc.. My partner, keeps telling me to do so, but she is just thinking about, some extra income. I don't like the 'no politics' thing here, along with the bias towards anything American, which can not be talked about, in any negative way, what so ever.

I have a lifetime of knowledge, insight and understanding, of humans and the way the world works. I have a need to call out hypocrisy, stupidity and to shout down, those who wish to miss-inform; especially, for their own gain. I have a unique and often warped and sometimes evil mind set, which sometime shows itself here, but basically: My motives are to be remembered, for the right reasons, a small light of guidance, through the dark place, the world and life, has become.

There are also a lot of good people here, that have interesting things to say and be listened to.

I like the crowd in this section of the forum. I tend to find some sort of love/hate relationship with ED which I can relate to, and it's also a generally older crowd with some experience/knowledge/interest in old school stuff. It's not the only place where I chat about games, but it has its own charming vibe. And every now and then, I'm only a couple clicks away from a quick glimpse at the state of ED. Plus it's not like I'll never play ED again, I go back occasionally for a few trips and to take a look at a couple recent additions.
I feel the same.

Elite's my all-time fave game - especially Frontier: Elite's 1 & 2.

'ED' is obvs. not Elite - more like its antithesis.

But if there's ever going to be a Frontier: Elite sequel, or much-belated official update, or just an incremental fan tribute update per FFED3D, this is prolly where you'll hear about it first.

In short, same reason i originally signed up in the first place; and on that timescale (ie. Frontier's glacial pace of development of the Elite IP), the shameless utter misfire that is 'ED' is but a transient blip, here today, gone tomorrow (downloaded it, tried moving, found that was an 'unsupported feature', and i was done).

Best game best forum 🇨🇦

Top Bottom