What other games are we all playing?

Now, it's up to eighteen editions.

In other news, I'm collecting battleships over in World Of Warships. They have a new event that lets you collect tokens, to buy battleships. Italian ones.

Out of curiosity, for those of you who truly play [insert game] INSTEAD of Elite Dangerous, what keeps you here on this ED forum? I'm not judging, because I myself am thinking it's time to move on to a social platform that focuses on [insert game]. For me the hard part is actually finding that social platform.

Iv been around ED forum since beta release almost daily for good 2-3 years so its hard just to forget about it, and of course You guys are a pretty cool bunch of fellow geeks!
Also will be back to ED once Odyssey drops.

Out of curiosity, for those of you who truly play [insert game] INSTEAD of Elite Dangerous, what keeps you here on this ED forum? I'm not judging, because I myself am thinking it's time to move on to a social platform that focuses on [insert game]. For me the hard part is actually finding that social platform.

I havent played ED for over a year now but I really enjoy the people here on this forum. On the whole theres an "older" wiser aspect to the conversations here with some great opinions. I suppose theres also just a "niceness" here that isnt infected by the same hyperbole, attention seeking, modern political rubbish that a lot of gaming media is infected with. Basically the place has some common sense about it.

I havent played ED for over a year now but I really enjoy the people here on this forum. On the whole theres an "older" wiser aspect to the conversations here with some great opinions. I suppose theres also just a "niceness" here that isnt infected by the same hyperbole, attention seeking, modern political rubbish that a lot of gaming media is infected with. Basically the place has some common sense about it.
We're old.

to answer the question: X4:F plus a little NMS
X4:F because I can play it w/o the internet. I spent over 4 days w/o internet but we are so grateful we had power and water.
GL HF Commanders
I can sympathise. Recent storm force winds over here ripped the dish off the main radio mast on the island and chucked it a mile out to sea...we're reliant on radio telephony for our broadband on the island which comes via TVWS (TV White Space) tech. The entire island had no connection to t'interweb for a few days until they fitted a new dish after the gales subsided a bit. Let's hope they fitted it with bigger bolts this time :D

I alternate between playing the hell out of some online games (currently ED for the second time, but notables from the past are World of Tanks, Dota, Eve, Eso) and trying to find time to play some single player games.

Had a period when my old PC died and I gamed on the PS4 - lots of cool games were played. Witcher 3, Bloodborne, Last of us, God of War, Fallen order.

More recently, only Kingdom come deliverance and a bunch of Total war games.

I alternate between playing the hell out of some online games (currently ED for the second time, but notables from the past are World of Tanks, Dota, Eve, Eso) and trying to find time to play some single player games.

Had a period when my old PC died and I gamed on the PS4 - lots of cool games were played. Witcher 3, Bloodborne, Last of us, God of War, Fallen order.

More recently, only Kingdom come deliverance and a bunch of Total war games.
I keep looking at KCD on my Steam list...I haven't played it since I finished it a year or so ago. Seemingly it's had a load of improvements from the vanilla version I played back then, I might have to have a replay through it.

I keep looking at KCD on my Steam list...I haven't played it since I finished it a year or so ago. Seemingly it's had a load of improvements from the vanilla version I played back then, I might have to have a replay through it.
I like it a lot - really suits my mood when I want to step away from the more frantic games and just chill. Feels like a game meant to be enjoyed slowly and organically.

WoW Shadowlands is an excellent expansion, negative reviews are made by people who don't understand the game or are annoyed by classic WoW players who can't see the logic beyond their rose-colored glasses and confuse boredom with difficulty.

Negative reviews are made by people who don't understand what is and isn't within the power of Blizzard. Most critics complain about server problems? This happens with every launch and they are always fixed within a week or two, from that review it's been about a week since launch and I can play without any problems. People who complain that it's the same final game don't understand the game loops, any game can come down to the same task, in Call of Duty you just shoot bad guys, that's all CoD games, but actually there are more. With such knowledge, don't let these negative criticisms distract you, they are made by bitter people who don't understand the game or are simply ignorant.

Last edited:
Top Bottom