Ships Federal Corvette Recommend me a PvE Combat Corvette Loadout

I am looking to kit out a PvE combat corvette. At the moment I have no engineering stuff unlocked but may do so in the near future. What are some good builds y'all recommend?

Engineer an Anaconda first. Do its jump range first. Corvette has pitiful jump range, so I don't take it out on long trips.

Here is my PVE Corvette. Made for collecting large quantities of materials: https://s.orbis.zone/clok
PvE Combat does not mean you have to do "long trips", my Corvette dominates CZs/Haz RES easily and can jump 35 ly, more than enough to get anywhere in the Bubble where Combat needs you to be, Conda is a slow brick for that role.

PvE Combat does not mean you have to do "long trips", my Corvette dominates CZs/Haz RES easily and can jump 35 ly, more than enough to get anywhere in the Bubble where Combat needs you to be, Conda is a slow brick for that role.

Yeah I should have worded that better. I just mean to engineer a Corvette, you might as well do most of it in an Anaconda because they share so many internals. Especially starting out with 0 engineered parts! Just like using an ASP Explorer to engineer parts for the FDL.

Yeah I should have worded that better. I just mean to engineer a Corvette, you might as well do most of it in an Anaconda because they share so many internals. Especially starting out with 0 engineered parts!
The difference is substantial in Combat, a Corvette has way more speed/boost and totally better handling than a Conda by far that's what I meant. For other activities the Conda is very viable but for Combat in the Large ships league nothing is better than a Corvette, of course Engineering is a must here.

The difference is substantial in Combat, a Corvette has way more speed/boost and totally better handling than a Conda by far that's what I meant. For other activities the Conda is very viable but for Combat in the Large ships league nothing is better than a Corvette.
I'm not saying Conda is better at Corvette, just that Conda and Corvette share same internals. Example: Engineer thrusters on ASP Explorer for G5 dirty drives, and then put them on the FDL. Far less jumps required.

I'm not saying Conda is better at Corvette, just that Conda and Corvette share same internals. Example: Engineer thrusters on ASP Explorer for G5 dirty drives, and then put them on the FDL. Far less jumps required.
Ok, you meant module shifting to get to Engineers faster, yes it's a good practice but honestly getting to Farseer with my Corvette was a quick trip anyway,and after that all the rest came easily.

Huge gimballed beams (efficient heat transfer) railguns everywhere else (long range plasma slug) and an MC under the prow (caustic). If you don't engineer it it'll overheat.

Corvette once engineered is EZ mode for anything PVE. Its hard to screw it up really. Build it, try it, see how killing things is about as dull as mining and then park it and go back to a vulture or FAS. But if you insist, huge efficient beams and multi cannon the rest with a corrosive somewhere. Gimballed or fixed is fine. Or put huge pulses and the rest a mix of cannons and missiles. It really doesn't matter.

Engineer an Anaconda first. Do its jump range first. Corvette has pitiful jump range, so I don't take it out on long trips.

Here is my PVE Corvette. Made for collecting large quantities of materials: https://s.orbis.zone/clok
Pitiful jump range ? Not right, man, a PvE Corvette can do nice and easy 30 yl and still eat double wings of NPC.s at will.
And with 30 yl jump you can freely roam inside the bubble or near the bubble.

Pitiful jump range ? Not right, man, a PvE Corvette can do nice and easy 30 yl and still eat double wings of NPC.s at will.
And with 30 yl jump you can freely roam inside the bubble or near the bubble.

This is in reference to OP, who has 0 engineered parts for the Corvette. I suggested buying an Anaconda to engineer, because it already can do 30ly without engineering. Even now, I'm gonna hop in my 60ly Conda to engineer weapons. Why would I swap to my FDL to engineer its railguns when I can transfer them to an Anaconda and finish engineering it far faster?

You will finish engineering a Corvette faster by doing it in an Anaconda. Once you are done engineering the Anaconda's FSD, PP, Sensors, Thrusters, FSD, Shields, just transfer them to Corvette!

This is just about jumping to the engineers once you already have the materials. I don't use the Conda for anything but space taxi to each engineer.

Top Bottom