The Dark Wheel and Sol Conspiracy

Also, Frontier didn't invent Raxxla, Robert Holdstock did for the Elite story "The Dark Wheel". He gave it the mystery and legendary status and the idea that all commanders are searching for it. Don't blame Frontier, they're just running with the idea.
Don't sympathize them to me! They chose to implement it in their game and they're playing with fate by manipulating the populous with their propaganda.

Just keep an open mind when listening to Kai Zen and his propaganda.
I'll make ya a hat in case you change your mind...

Keep us updated here OP.

I stopped listening to EliteWeek podcast when it stopped been a discussion and transformed into a 2 hour KZ rant.

His co-hosts get ignored, talked over and cut off as if his is the only voice worth listening to.

He has an extremely derogatory tone as he tells us how we should "feel" about the game or FDevs decisions.

I'll stick to Lave Radio and Loose Screws myself....... and that's legit!

I find it interesting that there is a claim that "Raxxla... was first 'honked' and unnoticed by a CMDR in 2015", is there any proof of this or is this just an Elite urban legend?

I had a look for some evidence to support the claim but only found people being "sure" that it was true...

Someone will be along very shortly to correct you.

I find it interesting that there is a claim that "Raxxla... was first 'honked' and unnoticed by a CMDR in 2015", is there any proof of this or is this just an Elite urban legend?

I had a look for some evidence to support the claim but only found people being "sure" that it was true...
Someone said that Fdev confirmed...
Someone said
Fdev confirmed
Oh you just opened my eyes to something even bigger...

Don't sympathize them to me! They chose to implement it in their game and they're playing with fate by manipulating the populous with their propaganda.
No, that's my point, Frontier didn't choose to put it in the Game, Robert Holdstock did. Yes, Frontier could have hand-waved it out of existence and ignored it, and chose not to, but it was already a part of the game lore even if they did nothing with it.

Let's say Frontier did not mention Raxxla at all other than to say it was no longer canon (like they've done with a number of things in the history of Elite), people would STILL be talking about it and making "What if ...." threads about Raxxla being in the game. We'd STILL be talking about whether it's secretly in the game and Frontier simply haven't said anything.

It's an elephant in the room not of Frontier's making. They're just teasing it to a) give us something to talk about and b) something to do in the game.

Last edited:
No, that's my point, Frontier didn't choose to put it in the Game, Robert Holdstock did. Yes, Frontier could have hand-waved it out of existence and ignored it, and chose not to, but it was already a part of the game lore even if they did nothing with it.
I know I'm just playin, it's hard to tell who's an Fdev sympathizer and who's one of us ya know what I mean

I'm honestly torn. The best theories I've held close are those that say Raxxla is a journey or rite of passage that each has to make for themselves to discover it. The part I can't believe is when anyone says it has been found and it's such a highly regarded secret that all whom have found it know to protect its secrecy and mysticism. ooooh fades into misty darkness

Last edited:
But you cant provide any evidence that you've been told anything. If you can show me the proof of FDEV saying that then that would be great...so far you cant.

As the saying goes "That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence."
Upon further investigation, I nor anyone else has sufficient proof that Fdev ever made this statement.
I'm beginning to believe it was a lie.
Maybe I am the ship

So, no. There is no evidence of the claim, just people "saying" that its "true". Thanks for clearing that up! :)
Well .... there was the time Michael Brookes said at a Lavecon that a player has been through the system where Raxxla is, honked and jumped out, not actually investigating the system.

And the time Sandro talked about it.

And the time David Braben confirmed it's in the game.

But no, there's no evidence.

Well .... there was the time Michael Brookes said at a Lavecon that a player has been through the system where Raxxla is, honked and jumped out, not actually investigating the system.

And the time Sandro talked about it.

And the time David Braben confirmed it's in the game.

But no, there's no evidence.
Is there even proof that they said it?

Any video? Sound files, firsthand and written accounts are too inconclusive.

Top Bottom