Please reduce the weight of your Mining NERF

I think it would have been a lot more constructive if you didn't throw out some wild claim as a general statement to shoot down the OP.

I have no doubt you have made 50 million credits in less than an hour when the stars aligned, there was a close station with a good buy-price etc etc. But can you honestly tell me that's the majority of your mining trips?

Because if it is, absolutely post that video. I'll figure out what I'm doing wrong and thank you :) But right now I'm just done with mining as it's boring and doesn't pay very well. I DID laser mine in platinum hotpots, it took way longer than an hour to make 50 million credits on average.

Does it hurt your back moving all these goalposts?

RtR is not exploring - it is a checklist of places to go that have already been visited - the antithesis of exploring

Mining maps are complicated to follow, I never even managed to orientate to the first in a map, there is actual skill in being able to follow one.

Indeed.

I don't even know how to respond to this. Mining maps take no more skill than road to riches "fly here and map X". In both cases you are simply following the instructions of someone else who did all the work for you, yes?

I think it would have been a lot more constructive if you didn't throw out some wild claim as a general statement to shoot down the OP.

I have no doubt you have made 50 million credits in less than an hour when the stars aligned, there was a close station with a good buy-price etc etc. But can you honestly tell me that's the majority of your mining trips?

Because if it is, absolutely post that video. I'll figure out what I'm doing wrong and thank you :) But right now I'm just done with mining as it's boring and doesn't pay very well. I DID laser mine in platinum hotpots, it took way longer than an hour to make 50 million credits on average.

I can tell you that in a platinum hotspot it is literally every mining trip. Leo will tell you (because I was in chat with him at the time) that I managed to mine a Python full of plat in 25 mins last week - now that was a good day. Seriously what do you use for mining? I'm in a Python with 8 collectors, which is as efficient as you need to be for the kind of yields I'm talking about here.

What the hell is a mining map btw?

Asteroids are fixed in a ring. And they are fixed not only as position, but as mineral composition.
So people are locating the 50-60% Platinum (or whatever highest paygrade material) asteroids and take screenshots to help orientate themselves
So a mining map is the initial startup point and orientation, then a series of screenshots to the next 60% platinum asteroid and so on.

It is a hell to orient oneself for the first runs, but it will eventually turn into routine

So you haven't tried it. Got it. Quelle suprise.
Don't dodge your conflict. How is following one map skill and the other not? Would like an answer.

I know mining maps are the min-max thing, I know lots of people use them. Whether or not you had trouble with them? I have no opinion on that myself. I'm quite sure if you put your mind to it, you'll be okay. I mean judging from your posts, you're of supreme skill and knowledge on all things Elite.

I can tell you that in a platinum hotspot it is literally every mining trip. Leo will tell you (because I was in chat with him at the time) that I managed to mine a Python full of plat in 25 mins last week - now that was a good day. Seriously what do you use for mining? I'm in a Python with 8 collectors, which is as efficient as you need to be for the kind of yields I'm talking about here.

Yes I remember because I was also thinking I hate this guy because I get bored within 10 minutes and your dinner was better than mine. Also im going with stock sidey as his miner of choice.

Asteroids are fixed in a ring. And they are fixed not only as position, but as mineral composition.
So people are locating the 50-60% Platinum (or whatever highest paygrade material) asteroids and take screenshots to help orientate themselves
So a mining map is the initial startup point and orientation, then a series of screenshots to the next 60% platinum asteroid and so on.

It is a hell to orient oneself for the first runs, but it will eventually turn into routine

@LeoBartlet now tell me mate, does that sound like something that I could be arxed with? :LOL:

Interesting but I think i'll stick to my tried and true method of dropping into a ring and logging out in 10 minutes after hitting my 10th rock of everything other than painite.

Don't dodge your conflict. How is following one map skill and the other not? Would like an answer.

I know mining maps are the min-max thing, I know lots of people use them. Whether or not you had trouble with them? I have no opinion on that myself. I'm quite sure if you put your mind to it, you'll be okay. I mean judging from your posts, you're of supreme skill and knowledge on all things Elite.
Time to show you know what you're talking about - lets see proof of you not making 50M from an hour of mapped mining. Since you're such as expert.

Remember - discuss the post, not the poster.

If it isn't true, then it cannot be possible.

Stay still will yer.
This is gotcha craposting, and you and Leo should be ashamed of yourselves honestly. You full well knew my whole point was that was a hyperbolic general statement on the general state of mining. Not that I was saying Red's claim was literally "impossible" in the game-world of Elite.

Honestly at this point, you're behaving like trolls.

This is gotcha craposting, and you and Leo should be ashamed of yourselves honestly. You full well knew my whole point was that was a hyperbolic general statement on the general state of mining. Not that I was saying Red's claim was literally "impossible" in the game-world of Elite.

Honestly at this point, you're behaving like trolls.
I use a post, with your own words in it and I'm trolling you?

Bye.

Sir.Tj

The Moderator who shall not be Blamed....
Volunteer Moderator
Knock it off please.

Discuss the post not the poster.

I couldn't even post a screen where I say hello in chat to Mr Anders as most of our replies fall foul of community management guidelines on swearing.
Ohmissus1.jpg

@LeoBartlet now tell me mate, does that sound like something that I could be arxed with? :LOL:

Interesting but I think i'll stick to my tried and true method of dropping into a ring and logging out in 10 minutes after hitting my 10th rock of everything other than painite.

I hate it myself.
I'm familiar with the principle, but i hate it and i cannot arx meself to do it, as a principle, not because it would be difficult
Random mining works way much better for me instead of bot mapped mining

Top Bottom