The Dark Wheel and Sol Conspiracy

Well .... there was the time Michael Brookes said at a Lavecon that a player has been through the system where Raxxla is, honked and jumped out, not actually investigating the system.

And the time Sandro talked about it.

And the time David Braben confirmed it's in the game.

But no, there's no evidence.
And as I said above in another post, can you provide any evidence of this?

If you can show me the proof of FDEV saying that then that would be great...so far all people have done is asserted that its true, but not provide any evidence that its true.

As I said earlier, the saying goes "That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence."

Is there any way to get a list of all systems discovered in 2015?
The numbers would be in the hundreds of thousands for sure, perhaps even in the millions, as this was firmly in the early rush of exploring in game where people where trying to get as many first discoveries as they could.

The numbers would be in the hundreds of thousands for sure, perhaps even in the millions, as this was firmly in the early rush of exploring in game where people where trying to get as many first discoveries as they could.
But easily doable given the dedication and organization of our player base now.

Is there any way to get a list of all systems discovered in 2015?

Summarized the early "expansion" of the galaxy from the patch notes:
Post in thread 'The Quest To Find Raxxla' https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/the-quest-to-find-raxxla.168253/post-8422072

Edit: From the post's timestamps:
-july 2014: ~50 systems available
-nov 2014: whole galaxy open
-dec 2014: secret added

Chances are slim, but of the secret was raxxla, I'd check those 50 systems first.

Last edited:
I believe the entire "Turning the Wheel" initiative is a work created or, at the very least, endorsed by Fdev. I will provide my two main thought lines for this assumption as well as a RP perspective if that entertains you.

FIrstly, the assumption that Raxxla must be in Sol because it was first 'honked' and unnoticed by a CMDR in 2015.
While this may seem like a valid assertion at first glance, I find it easily debatable once you familiarize yourself with the galaxy and ED's inner workings. The odds of the first CMDR flying through our home system, giving it a quick scan and leaving without a second glance or further investigation are astronomical at best. It may not be difficult to get your permit to Sol but it's not a quick errand. I find it highly unlikely that the first CMDR to scan Sol was a hapless unknowing pilot just strolling through. Also, the question must be asked; How many systems were first discovered in 2015? That number but also be astronomical. Now if there were a database or a way to track all systems discovered in 2015 I believe that would be a much more feasible endeavor towards finding the location of Raxxla.

Secondly, it's too obvious.
There has never been so much attention to any one piece of content to come from the ED universe. There have been several personalities in the ED universe that have never gained such popularity as Kai Zen. Several CMDRs have publicly attempted and plead for any response from Fdev, often met with little to no such attention. So why in recent weeks does it seem that Fdev is almost, if not, directly answering and communicating with Kai Zen publicly via Q&A streams? The simple fact that he can propose a question on Elite Week and then get an almost direct answer in the subsequent Fdev Q&A is obvious favoritism towards the creator. Admittedly this perplexes me to some extent as other CMDRs often featured on Elite Week have also proposed questions that have been left unanswered by Fdev.

Therefore, I believe Kai Zen is either an Fdev plant brought into the player community to begin this initiative or I believe he has been privilege to some information that we don't have and is basing his assertions on this. Either way I believe Fdev's motive is to initiate one of the largest player coordinated in-game events in all of gaming history.

While these would be great achievements for some, I can't help but feel like either result is not an achievement for the general player population. If this is a work and Raxxla is not in Sol then we're all left wondering, "what now?". If Raxxla is in Sol, would it's discovery not be bittersweet as we still have so much of the galaxy left unexplored and pristine with no mystery or unknown to solve? My unpopular opinion of ED is that it is not a Space Sim but a player based BGS. Let's face it, it's a game and we're not out here discovering and studying astronomical anomalies. ED is a fantastic flight model but I feel it's the communities we create and how they interact that makes the story of ED. If you were to record Player Factions and their interactions with each other, it could easily be presented as compelling and entertaining content.

Ok so what happens if The Dark Wheel expands into Sol and Raxxla is not discovered, no harm right? We'll regroup, assess and come up with a new plan to keep searching elsewhere. Wrong! Y'all just handed Kai Zen a position in our home system to do as he sees fit. He may be a swell guy now but no one CMDR has had the ambition or ego to attempt such a feat in over 5 years! As it stands now Kai Zen is arguably the most powerful CMDR in our universe, once he holds control over Sol I don't think there's an argument for the contrary. The Dark Wheel can not be unturned, once that faction is given a position in Sol it will take several cycles of coordinated BGS and many wars to even attempt such a thing. And all subsequent efforts will just exacerbate the state of our home system to turmoil for several cycles. How badly do you want to find Raxxla? Is it worth risking the peace of our home system?
KэК

And as I said above in another post, can you provide any evidence of this?

If you can show me the proof of FDEV saying that then that would be great...so far all people have done is asserted that its true, but not provide any evidence that its true.

As I said earlier, the saying goes "That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence."
I absolutely am OK with you not believing it was said and questioning it.

I watched that whole clip Kai linked and all I got from it was that the guy asking the questions got answers.

So where are my answers? Am I Toby? Does that make Kai the VP?
Go figure Fdev's inside guy left us with cryptic leads and more questions than before.

Last edited:
They can't expand into Sol.
Hutton tried. Years ago. We broke the BGS. It was and is blocked from player group expansions.

As Alpha Centauri is the nearest star to Sol, and we've expanded countless times, if it was possible, we'd have done it.

So. Not happening! It is all a little Don Quixote and I suspect that The DW is like good old Rocinante. Just not sure who Sancho Panza is.
To be fair, I think that to fully discard the possibility, you'd need to fill every other possible expansion from Alpha Centauri (including the expanded 40 ly cube). I remember Frontier patch notes from back then mentioning permit systems being something along "less likely" to be expanded into, not flat out impossible to. But special systems like Sol or Shinrarta do seem to have another layer of bgs restrictions. Both don't have conflicts, but Sol still shows up as a populated system PP-wise. Shinrarta goes even further by being controlled by a special faction that can't even be BGS-interacted at all, and does not show up as a populated system for PP.

The Wheel will turn, you can either get out of the way, or be rolled over.

"Territories, peoples, authorities... all will be liberated. This is the new state, 'The Dark Wheel' will create. Neither nations nor nationalities have meaning. We will erase these unnecessary borders." - Joshua Bristol, Early Operative

To be fair, I think that to fully discard the possibility, you'd need to fill every other possible expansion from Alpha Centauri (including the expanded 40 ly cube). I remember Frontier patch notes from back then mentioning permit systems being something along "less likely" to be expanded into, not flat out impossible to. But special systems like Sol or Shinrarta do seem to have another layer of bgs restrictions. Both don't have conflicts, but Sol still shows up as a populated system PP-wise. Shinrarta goes even further by being controlled by a special faction that can't even be BGS-interacted at all, and does not show up as a populated system for PP.
Go and look at Van Maanen's Star. See who controls that.
Remember, many systems in the bubble while left to procedural generation, are manipulated or hand-crafted either to match the real galaxy or to match the previous games. Sol is no exception. This would be why factions cannot expand into Sol.

The Wheel will turn, you can either get out of the way, or be rolled over.

"Territories, peoples, authorities... all will be liberated. This is the new state, 'The Dark Wheel' will create. Neither nations nor nationalities have meaning. We will erase these unnecessary borders." - Joshua Bristol, Early Operative

When The Pilot made his redaction video I strongly considered joining and helping the initiative. The fear that I may miss out on any reward Fdev may hand out to all those CMDRs was my main motivation.

But the more research I did and continue to do compels me to believe Raxxla is not in Sol and this is a work but may still benefit us.

My prevailing belief at the moment is that Fdev has relocated Raxxla and disclosed enough intel to motivate Kai to start this initiative.
If this is true then I believe our best hopes are in whatever clue is to be discovered by the "Turning of the Wheel".
If this is not true then I believe Raxxla is still out there completely undisclosed and buried beneath the rumors and myths.

Top Bottom