I just got blown up by my own carrier, while defending myself from the police that are meant to defend my carrier.

And you’re consistently failing to understand you lease it. If I leased any manned vehicle in real life and damaged it, on purpose or otherwise, there would be a form of retaliation. Be that a fine or violence.

If you're leasing a vehicle while putting THAT much of a down payment (or any at all) on it? Brother, you're doing it wrong :ROFLMAO:

Also you guys are making up the whole "lease" thing. Pretty easy to disprove..

Here are six great features making Fleet Carriers well worth purchasing in Elite Dangerous.

Last edited:
I get loitering infractions all the time on mine. I fly in low and slow and take my time cuz you know, I'm the owner and all. I come in shouting "ALL YOUR LANDING PADS ARE BELONG TO ME" then promptly get fined and told to g move it or lose it.

It is fantastically easy to put yourself in another person's shoes and see their point of view as well. Something I recall you lecturing others on just yesterday...
They made a mistake. I have made mistakes. You can either accept you made a mistake or not.

The title of the thread contains the first mistake made by OP, more were made after that.

If I put myself in OP’s shoes I do this:

Understand the police in a system are not there to defend my Carrier. That was a mistake I made.

Understand that flying into a system that sees me as hostile is going to get people shooting at me, whether I’m near the Carrier or not.

Understand that any fire, friendly or not, that comes from my ship, that lands on that Carrier, will be met with retaliation. That was a misunderstanding I had. I mistakingly believed it was fine.

I made 3 mistakes.

What now?

I think the OP is just pis#ed that his own carrier murdered him. Not that this will be some ongoing issue for him.
I'd hope that a lesson was learned... Each of us playing learn what we can or cannot do, mostly by watching our ship dissolve into a ball of fire...
If you're leasing a vehicle while putting THAT much of a down payment (or any at all) on it? Brother, you're doing it wrong
Wonder how much a vehicle with crew the size of a large town (and around the same size) would cost to lease? If it was say only 4 times bigger than a Cutter it would be hitting 5 billion outfitted, and this vehicle DWARFS a cutter...

C'mon, 5 billion for something that big is a purchase - and not only fitted with "E" rated modules to begin with?

I'd hope that a lesson was learned... Each of us playing learn what we can or cannot do, mostly by watching our ship dissolve into a ball of fire...

Wonder how much a vehicle with crew the size of a large town (and around the same size) would cost to lease? If it was say only 4 times bigger than a Cutter it would be hitting 5 billion outfitted, and this vehicle DWARFS a cutter...

C'mon, 5 billion for something that big is a purchase - and not only fitted with "E" rated modules to begin with?

I don't know but I sure wouldn't want to know what the Insurance company would quote me for it!! :ROFLMAO:

Understand the police in a system are not there to defend my Carrier. That was a mistake I made.

Understand that flying into a system that sees me as hostile is going to get people shooting at me, whether I’m near the Carrier or not.

Understand that any fire, friendly or not, that comes from my ship, that lands on that Carrier, will be met with retaliation. That was a misunderstanding I had. I mistakingly believed it was fine.
Point 1: Absolutely my mistake, mb

Point 2: I knew this, I never complained about being shot, what I'm not annoyed about is the fact that even while on the landing pad, they are aggroed and shooting at me (they literally shoot the hanger doors if I'm inside)

Point 3: No, if I spend so much time and energy trying to get a massive ship, said massive ship should shoot at me under NO circumstances (edit: I can understand it shooting at me as an anti-griefing measure, for example if I was trying to destroy a ship coming in to land, but the carrier shouldnt shoot at me for accidentally hitting it, that is my main point.)

I'm so confused by this place sometimes.

I'm constantly told that piracy is a legit playstyle. Now I'm seeing that the OP was wrong to take his FC into a hostile system, expecting that the FC would have his back. Wasn't he just playing the valid Elite "piracy" profession in this scenario?

So to be clear: We're totally fine with a 5 billion dollar purchase being incompatible with the "legit" pirate playstyle now?

Oh well, at least the OP is now reassured that regardless of ownership or not, shooting the pads on a FC is going to cost a rebuy - the game rules, no matter how little they like them, apply at all times - learning them can be disturbing...

Will you be making the same error again, OP?

And you’re consistently failing to understand you lease it. If I leased any manned vehicle in real life and damaged it, on purpose or otherwise, there would be a form of retaliation. Be that a fine or violence.
your essentially the controlling faction of a station, they dont shoot their security force so think of it as the carrier shooting their own sec force, you, and no, leasing companies dont retaliate with violence, im not sure where your getting that from, a fine yes, to repair the vehicle, but seeing as you pay for the upkeep of the carrier, then i have a feeling repairs are included in that

Top Bottom