Game Discussions Star Citizen Discussion Thread v12

Taken from that link about perma banning unwanted PVPers:

"Things have gone from "common sense" (my OP) to "totally ridiculous" (most of the other comments in here) to disgusting (your comment.)"

Dont we all think that at some point?

Not T-posing on the furniture would be a good start. ;)

If I was Frontier Id have all the NPCs standing on chairs for a few hours at release of EDO, then they all jump down together saying 'Only joking' :)

Not T-posing on the furniture would be a good start. ;)

See, I kept it on topic. (y)
Yeah, related to the thread topic is how npcs behave and game design, we have seen that SC have two realities, the promoted and what is actually going on in the game, in EDO we just don't know yet and therefor all discussion at this point is not really valid.

It all depends, if the NPC police system is any good, it will be able to stop players from any kind of unwanted pvp.
That is why I said, we need to see how the NPC system will be. Any good game designer know how it should be, the big question is, can they pull it off?

But but... 10 to 1 NPC to PC ration and NPCs will be indistinguishable from real players!

It really is hard to believe how much tripe some backers have swallowed.

-_IFEa1BpB4g9nc3rr8prNzbh6HeJhOgRwOn1UWglxM.png

Shhhh! Nobody tell CR they already have a game mode like Arena Commander or Star Marine.

Where is SQ42?
Where is TOW?
Where is Erin?
Where is Ben?
Where are the ship-shaped USB drives?
Where are NPC brains?
Where is server meshing?
Where is Quantum?
Where is the PVP slider?
Where are the 99 other systems?

Hey, don't get Chris started!

Chris: "We could quite easily do more than 50 stretch goals right now. If we were doing a game mode like Squadron 42 we could probably have more than a 100 stretch goals."

How's the sense of scale in SC compared to ED? I'm guessing it's much better just from having legs, but how's it look from the cockpit of a ship?

How's the sense of scale in SC compared to ED? I'm guessing it's much better just from having legs, but how's it look from the cockpit of a ship?
Depends on the ship really....that's not as glib as it may sound... since the ships are more than just a cockpit. Some have crap visibility due to a clutter of MFD's, some like the prospector have excellent vis.

Inside my mates Freelancer..

cksFWAJ.png

SV79HWl.png

Standing outside a Starfarer...

6RWy4ve.png

inside the cargo bay...

DhwE56H.png

It's the one thing Star Citizen does right...it's usually that initial impression that opens the wallets too. Folks just love walking about inside ships for some reason .
It's one of my favorite part of Space Engineers as well, though obviously SC ups the graphics a notch or ten.

It's one of my favorite part of Space Engineers as well, though obviously SC ups the graphics a notch or ten.
I keep seeing comments from some who mention that you can 'walk' around the cockpits in ED using VR...it's not quite the same as getting the experience in 2D as a standard feature, not everyone has a VR rig...as well as SC not supporting VR of course. It's the one feature I'll miss when Odyssey drops too. Having that fade to black experience when stepping out on the space legs for the first time will still make me sigh a bit.

It's a part of Star Citizen that never gets old for me, the walking up to my ship, dropping the ramp or elevator and walking through the ship to the cockpit...even after 5 years of it :)

...And EVA'ing around space wreckage...I can't begin to explain how creepy and atmospheric that is with the sounds of a creaking hull deadened through the helmet...pushing the floating dead bodies of the crew out of the way when exploring a wreck...

1zzvlO8.png

Last edited:
Hey, you can’t miss out the Starfarer cockpit! There are mysterious naked men in the reflections 😄

( @Old Duck Not a joke... Or at least there were back in 3.12)

But yeah, those traversable bays do seem to be the on-ramp to SC’s appeal. (And the thing that subsequently kills you. But that is fitting ;))
They did away with the ladders and ramps of doom a while back...ship elevators are still dodgy if you stick a ground vehicle on them and try to raise it...otherwise, the ramps and ladders all seem to work less fatally these days. :D

They did away with the ladders and ramps of doom a while back...ship elevators are still dodgy if you stick a ground vehicle on them and try to raise it...otherwise, the ramps and ladders all seem to work less fatally these days. :D

I bow to your experience, I’m not gonna die on that hill...

;)

(Archered from SA)

I bow to your experience, I’m not gonna die on that hill...

;)

(Archered from SA)
I should do some raw vid footage of me playing a bit more...I love all those clips of SC bugs and foibles...but I rarely experience any of them myself day to day. I must be doing something wrong :(

Last edited:
I should do some raw vid footage of me playing a bit more...I love all those clips of SC bugs and foibles...but I rarely experience any of them myself day to day. I must be doing something wrong :(

Yeah it seems to be pretty variable. There definitely must be certain PC builds (presumably lower spec), or certain server regions, that are worse hit than others. Probably both working in concert sometimes. Because some rage posts suggest a litany of issues for some players.

I kinda like the theory that trying to play with friends in the same location exacerbates some of the issues. And we know that experience helps vets side-step the avoidable stuff. But it still doesn’t explain all of it ;)

Overall I just kinda see SC as big lumpy carpet, where they push one systemic issue down, and another pops up. (The guys who are most susceptible to bugs are just trying to run across it all in zero G ;))

Top Bottom