Game Discussions Star Citizen Discussion Thread v12

Doesn't look stable to me. Most megabuilding are shaped like spire or tower and not like pyramid with a cludgy mega-hammer at the peak. I'd describe myself as quite lenient when suspending my disbelief but that just looks silly.
It's a bullshot anyway, isn't it?
Really, who cares. There's sound in space, no proper physics anywhere, and more importantly no delivered game, nothing done on the missing 99 systems, or the fabled server meshing, etc. Why argue on fluff ? Because that's just fluff, and if you want to go into there, yes there are more exotic kind of constructions in the world (composite materials can do wonders..), and yet even more absurdly expensive things in Cyberpunk lore. I'd also mention the megabuildings in CP2077 (and the monstruous second Arasaka tower) and the later Dredd movie. FWIW it's one of the least shocking things you could mention in SC, at least the art team did some interesting job on this building, including its lower floors which are accessible.

Really, who cares. There's sound in space, no proper physics anywhere, and more importantly no delivered game, nothing done on the missing 99 systems, or the fabled server meshing, etc. Why argue on fluff ? Because that's just fluff, and if you want to go into there, yes there are more exotic kind of constructions in the world (composite materials can do wonders..), and yet even more absurdly expensive things in Cyberpunk lore. I'd also mention the megabuildings in CP2077 (and the monstruous second Arasaka tower) and the later Dredd movie. FWIW it's one of the least shocking things you could mention in SC, at least the art team did some interesting job on this building, including its lower floors which are accessible.
I just dont agree with the artistic vision.

I just dont agree with the artistic vision.
We have something in a similar vein in france (Arche de la Défense)
arche-de-la-defense.jpg

Well for Earth size world with 24 hours rotation period synchronous orbit is 26 000 km. Even 1/10 scale it is like 2600 km.

which explains the 6 months per moon/planet ratio

Like I said - it's all made up. Bullshots for show. No concept, no plan, no path to make something. And why would there be? There still isn't the "core tech" developed for the pershmistent shmoonziverse.

tend to agree simply because IF they had a plan or concept....it would ve been appearant 10 years into the development. Instead, development has become more confusing, more complex and to a point where its hard to understand what CIG is going for anymore.

which explains the 6 months per moon/planet ratio

tend to agree simply because IF they had a plan or concept....it would ve been appearant 10 years into the development. Instead, development has become more confusing, more complex and to a point where its hard to understand what CIG is going for anymore.
The art department at least knows. Make it megalomaniac as can be to underline that this is the most pretentious crap ever developed.

The other space game, and its DLC, will clearly not feature PvP.

The funny part is thinking PvP is the only valid game mechanic. Even Spectrum has many comments from players that want to avoid it.

The funny part is thinking PvP is the only valid game mechanic.

Those are some of my favourite :D

The space-ship pew-pew purists are some of the most delightfully unaware of what PVP actually is, in pretty much any game that involves players, space-ships and pew-pew that I've experienced since the 80's

Their point may be more valid in Star Citizen though - as there is still no game in the equation.

Top Bottom