Game Discussions Star Citizen Discussion Thread v12

The Squadron 42 was and is for some a most interesting part.
It's more a case of trial by fire: if they can't do a consistent and optimized "simple" solo scripted game (let's not talk about a well written one, it's a Chris Roberts game ;) ), how could they achieve a massively multiplayer game on galactic scale?

And the radio silence around SQ42 is deafening: sure they're afraid of showing it!

It's more a case of trial by fire: if they can't do a consistent and optimized "simple" solo scripted game (let's not talk about a well written one, it's a Chris Roberts game ;) ), how could they achieve a massively multiplayer game on galactic scale?

And the radio silence around SQ42 is deafening: sure they're afraid of showing it!
There is nothing to show. They've made it all up.

I'd say based on what we know of FDev and their design ethos that Sovapid's comments aren't exactly 'crystal-balling' but more reasonable assumptions based on the information FDev have given us thus far regarding Odyssey and their prior work on Elite as a whole.

Unless you're suggesting that you think there's a chance FDev will announce that an expansion for Elite Dangerous is an Open Only thing, which... well based on how entitled and vitriolic our little corner of the internet can be seems highly unlikely.
We all been around long enough to know, don't speculate, therefor we don't know how it's going to be.

There is nothing to show. They've made it all up.

One does not simply make up executive rail leaning sir!

(No it's far worse. They're actually trying to do half of this stuff...)

SA noticed a fun glimpse of honesty...

Tech Animation
February saw Tech Animation cleaning up assets, as a core change to the in-engine animation pipeline invalidated a large number of them.

They do orbit as the planets rotate too. Planets themselves do not orbit the star. Also on scale kinda, as planets are about 1/6th scale so 20km orbit is relatively not too suprising. It's synchronous though, which should never be the case for a low orbit.
Unless they have changed it, planets are 1/10 scale and moons are 1/6. Distances are also 1/10 scale.

IMHO, not all pledgers has pledged primarily for the Persistent Universe. The Squadron 42 was and is for some a most interesting part.

Yes and SQ42 is still due to come out before SC itself isnt it? Probably a few years before actual SC is realistic timeframe surely?....

It's ridiculously big. What purpose would such a chunky building have?
That would be an arcology. A megabuilding usually used as HQ for a megacorp, with its own power grid, food water and air production, etc.. A staple of cyberpunk genre (*)... I suppose CiG wanted to make feel like Hurston was also such a powerful, megalomaniac entity.
See the trend for higher sky scrapers lately, it's kinda the same. Some buildings in Asia are now reaching ridiculous sizes.

(*) and visually you could see the first one in the opening of Blade Runner, when Deckard flies to the Tyrell arcology.

Last edited:
That would be an arcology. A megabuilding usually used as HQ for a megacorp, with its own power grid, food water and air production, etc.. A staple of cyberpunk genre (*)... I suppose CiG wanted to make feel like Hurston was also such a powerful, megalomaniac entity.
See the trend for higher sky scrapers lately, it's kinda the same. Some buildings in Asia are now reaching ridiculous sizes.

(*) and visually you could see the first one in the opening of Blade Runner, when Deckard flies to the Tyrell arcology.
Doesn't look stable to me. Most megabuilding are shaped like spire or tower and not like pyramid with a cludgy mega-hammer at the peak. I'd describe myself as quite lenient when suspending my disbelief but that just looks silly.
It's a bullshot anyway, isn't it?

Oddly enough, I was about to mention Blade Runner as well.

Top Bottom