PSA - THIS is why AX Pilots ALWAYS use gauss cannons

TLDR: Gauss Cannons are better.

Also takeaway point, no one likes scout instances.

Which I disagree with because you can at least shoot them with regular weapons and don't need to try and figure out where to even start with Thargoid gameplay.

i maybe should have been clearer - scout only instances are fine - threat 3-4 -great

the fake interceptor signal sources though - they just suck :p

and unlocking Guardian tech is pretty easy dude

Last edited by a moderator:
I still maintain that small plasma chargers are vastly under-rated.
Large plasma charger
1615030990662.png

1615031041275.png

Medium gauss
1615031081434.png

1615031100997.png

Anything with armour rating above 95 and plasma DPS starts suffering. And that's not even considering that plasma chargers are more difficult to use than gauss cannons.

Edit: Also, small plasma charger:
1615031314690.png

Large plasma charger
View attachment 211428
View attachment 211429

Medium gauss
View attachment 211430
View attachment 211431

Anything with armour rating above 95 and plasma DPS starts suffering. And that's not even considering that plasma chargers are more difficult to use than gauss cannons.

View attachment 211432
I probably put the comment in the wrong thread.
I like plazzers for non-ax because of the penetration, damage, etc in a small hardpoint. This was a thread about AX and I do not use them for AX. I use gauss.
edit: But also, I did say "small"...

Large plasma charger
View attachment 211428
View attachment 211429

Medium gauss
View attachment 211430
View attachment 211431

View attachment 211432
Not to mention that the Damage per second is assuming consistent rate of fire and landing all shots 😁

Neither a guarantee with the plasma charger

It also has a shorter effective range before damage falloff starts

Some of the comments on the video suggested a rebalance of AX weapons might be a good idea and I do actually think it could be

Plasma chargers are a lot of fun to use and would be great if they were made actually viable to sacrifice a few Gauss cannons for ☺️

I probably put the comment in the wrong thread.
I like plazzers for non-ax because of the penetration, damage, etc in a small hardpoint. This was a thread about AX and I do not use them for AX. I use gauss.
edit: But also, I did say "small"...

Small PAs don't exist? They are M, L and H size only.

Maybe I don't understand your post... Idk

Nvm. I'm dumb. You meant small plasma chargers, not PAs. I thought you were talking about PAs when you said non-ax. lol

Last edited:
Not to mention that the Damage per second is assuming consistent rate of fire and landing all shots 😁

Neither a guarantee with the plasma charger

It also has a shorter effective range before damage falloff starts

Some of the comments on the video suggested a rebalance of AX weapons might be a good idea and I do actually think it could be

Plasma chargers are a lot of fun to use and would be great if they were made actually viable to sacrifice a few Gauss cannons for ☺️
Oh, by the way, today I fought an interceptor with frag cannons for the first time :devilish:

Like when you land a Plasma Charger shot the visual effect is really cool ☺️

I think they would either need greater damage to account for their difficulty of landing shots or the projectile hitbox should be made larger to make them more forgiving to aim

Small PAs don't exist? They are M, L and H size only.

Maybe I don't understand your post... Idk
Plasma chargers.
I'm just bowing out backwards because apparently everyone else is comparing larges to mediums to smalls.
Not you, specifically, Amanojaku.
Orodruin replies to comments about small chargers with data comparing disparate larges to mediums...dunno. There's not much sense being talked here.
I'm out.

Top Bottom