Brookfield Zoo

OK - I uploaded the otter habitat. Its very difficult because the habitat blueprints only capture what scenery that is within the habitat. So, I had to do it two pieces.

First is the habitat and any scenery associated with it. I added some purple boxes and if you lower it so that the top of the boxes lines up with ground level it should be placed correctly. Its hard to do because of how the heat lamp view automatically comes on when trying to place it...but the large boxes show up and change color well enough so that you should be able to do this.

I also added a sign that indicates the water level. You can bring the water up to the bottom of the sign for it to be placed correctly.

Then Part 2 is the scenery surrounding the habitat. You will have to place this to the side and select small groups of what I posted, break them away from the group and place them carefully around or touching the habitat. I also included a purple box in this one to line up with ground level, but also can be lined up against the box in the habitat. You can't place the whole thing down at once as there are too many obstructed items that seem to prevent this. You can try the whole group, but I couldn't get it to work.

Hope it works out for you.

Not sure if I really want to try this on some of the others as it took me hours to do just this one. Maybe later in my life. :)

OK - I uploaded the otter habitat. Its very difficult because the habitat blueprints only capture what scenery that is within the habitat. So, I had to do it two pieces.

First is the habitat and any scenery associated with it. I added some purple boxes and if you lower it so that the top of the boxes lines up with ground level it should be placed correctly. Its hard to do because of how the heat lamp view automatically comes on when trying to place it...but the large boxes show up and change color well enough so that you should be able to do this.

I also added a sign that indicates the water level. You can bring the water up to the bottom of the sign for it to be placed correctly.

Then Part 2 is the scenery surrounding the habitat. You will have to place this to the side and select small groups of what I posted, break them away from the group and place them carefully around or touching the habitat. I also included a purple box in this one to line up with ground level, but also can be lined up against the box in the habitat. You can't place the whole thing down at once as there are too many obstructed items that seem to prevent this. You can try the whole group, but I couldn't get it to work.

Hope it works out for you.

Not sure if I really want to try this on some of the others as it took me hours to do just this one. Maybe later in my life. :)
Ok, thanks. Don't worry about it, if it's too time consuming

More otter fun
zJuwbS.jpg

Ro1BLa.jpg

gsR3mp.jpg

Here you go. Actually not that large yet. This screen capture is about a quarter or third of the total land I have to build on.

Blue - Entry and North Plaza (map if flipped upside-down).
Purple - keeper admin area
Orange - Australia
Green - transport stations
Yellow - picnic and butterfly garden
Red - Tigers
Pink - being worked on right now - include the Fragile Kingdom building that will have several habitats and exhibits in it. Also includes the jaguar and snow leopards.
LHxD9N.jpg

Here you go. Actually not that large yet. This screen capture is about a quarter or third of the total land I have to build on.

Blue - Entry and North Plaza (map if flipped upside-down).
Purple - keeper admin area
Orange - Australia
Green - transport stations
Yellow - picnic and butterfly garden
Red - Tigers
Pink - being worked on right now - include the Fragile Kingdom building that will have several habitats and exhibits in it. Also includes the jaguar and snow leopards.
LHxD9N.jpg
looks nice!

one last shot looking west towards the completed part of the plaza and the Australia area.
lcEvqq.jpg

Here is the layout of what we have going on for the rest of the North Plaza.

-The lower right side/corner is what has been completed so far and what we have looked at.
Moving kind of clockwise....
-The dark blue box is the Prairie Grill restaurant
-The pink box is all the zoo admin area and backstage. Things like the vet, trading center, staff buildings, etc.
-The green box is the Zoo Discovery Center
-The two orange boxes are picnic areas
-The blue "X" will be the future expansion of the Fragile Kingdom Exhibit
-White is the existing tiger habitat
-Gray circle is a small mammal habitat
-Red box is the butterfly house
-Yellow - some small garden walkway areas
-Purple - the tram loading station and the animal carousel
-Tan is the North Plaza train depot
-Light blue line is the monorail track
-Light blue dashes is the train track
5LBReE.jpg

Different view (and colors)
-Blue is the Butterfly House
-Orange is the Discovery Center
-Red is the Prairie Grill
-White is the small mammal (TBD)
-Green is a picnic area
-Yellow/Gold - staff areas
-Purple is future Fragile Kingdom
TB0g4w.jpg

We went to this zoo often when I was a little tyke when my family lived in Chicago for a couple of years. It is a very impressive and extensive zoo. I remember the wolves and the dolphins best.

Inside the Discovery Center. this was a modified building I found on the workshop. I moved things around a bit to fit better and also changed the pathing inside a bit.
8zP8Ct.jpg

oIQqRu.jpg

cLXWdP.jpg

The upper level has a VIP reception area that overlooks the pond and picnic area. that's the Fragile Kingdom building in the background.
yNwgL5.jpg

Top Bottom